Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here...it may stay inside, but on a granite step. The metal pails get hot too...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
My buckets...
4f9a22daed3fb0c8afa02abf259dd5d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just Jeff, it was sure a hairy ride to Tobermory and back yesterday. Got caught up in the roadblock at Port Elgin. I took a detour and followed a big rig from a local supplier we deal with. I noticed he turned south on a gravel sideroad so I figured he knew where he was going. Turns out that he was lost, set of trains full of rocks. I told him I would lead and to wait for me to come back. I was going thru 4' drifts and there was no way I could get back to tell him not to go. I call their office and had them call him to try to back up. He had already headed out at least he stopped before he got offroad too far. I drove around the block to see if I could help. They already had a tractor and blower on the way. The stop sign is 50' away and not visible. Also a pic of the snow on the hood, got my snow tires put on Tuesday morning.
This weeks buy and one more big sale before Christmas. Vermeer trencher. Jeff, the guy I'm buying the stuff thru might be a buddy of your son's. Steve Snider ( Rockford Auction) and his new company.

Attachments

• 20191219_105841.jpg
    20191219_105841.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 20191218_155647.jpg
    20191218_155647.jpg
    979.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20191218_155656.jpg
    20191218_155656.jpg
    961.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20191218_161422.jpg
    20191218_161422.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
  • 20191218_161426.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
In case you guys were wondering what I look like. Snowblower selfie!
d9c8836be309593e0693333dc543223b.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

the pix says cold to me. snow on the roof! my 'cold weather' kit includes a full face mask, too! and hoodie to neck, cap with neck flaps, muffs... and couple more things. I don't mind going out into cold or windy and cold, but I am not going to go out and get cold...

looks like u will be warm, too.

Around here we would figure you'd be knocking off the local 7-eleven looking like that...Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

or about to go skiing early in the morning... very early!

LOL I worry about such these days, too. not allowed into my bank lobby with hat on, sun glasses on nor hoodie. sign on frt dorr advises!

Just Jeff, it was sure a hairy ride to Tobermory and back yesterday. Got caught up in the roadblock at Port Elgin. I took a detour and followed a big rig from a local supplier we deal with. I noticed he turned south on a gravel sideroad so I figured he knew where he was going. Turns out that he was lost, set of trains full of rocks. I told him I would lead and to wait for me to come back. I was going thru 4' drifts and there was no way I could get back to tell him not to go. I call their office and had them call him to try to back up. He had already headed out at least he stopped before he got offroad too far. I drove around the block to see if I could help. They already had a tractor and blower on the way. The stop sign is 50' away and not visible. Also a pic of the snow on the hood, got my snow tires put on Tuesday morning.
This weeks buy and one more big sale before Christmas. Vermeer trencher. Jeff, the guy I'm buying the stuff thru might be a buddy of your son's. Steve Snider ( Rockford Auction) and his new company.

those roads look treacherous! saw on the national news tonite 18-wheeler up in Washington, I think it was. E side where the snows have dumped... heading one way... and other side across median... another 18-wheeler jack knifes and does a 90 across the median into the other 18-wheeler's lane... narrowly missing it. maybe u saw it. median cable is what saved him. we had a bit 18-wheeler crash down here just W of town. 18-wheeler front end all smashed up. entire hood off engine compartment. not drivable. a one-way up the wrong exit ramp and that driver hit the 18-wheeler head on! of course, you know who won. evidence spoke for itself. what a mess! only question is :wtf:! vehicle that hit the 18-wheeler was driven by a police woman. personal vehicle. but down the freeway wrong way? jury still out on that one... been a couple of those in our area roads past couple weeks.

See that guys, my cabin is perfect!

Steel Bucket
Concrete Floor
No CO-2 Alarm!

I always bring it outside and dump it, because I empty the stove when we first get up there and it is cold!!!

no doubt! I had to leave farm yesterday after couple days of fires in the fireplace. scaled it down yesterday. small fire only, mostly couple red coals at depart time. and I separated them. they will stay put. I think svk has best 'know for sure' on his coal's ash... outside with a layer of snow on top of them... lol :yes:

Backyard, this one happened on Wednesday. Load of chickens decided to all run to the ditch side of the truck. They said no chickens were killed during the crash but I bet there was a bunch smothered after they were laying on the sides of the small cages for 3 hours getting it straightened up. Winter is just getting started.

Attachments

• Plastic-Chicken-Cage-for-Transportation.jpg
    Plastic-Chicken-Cage-for-Transportation.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 19
  • thumbnail_overturnedtransport.png
    thumbnail_overturnedtransport.png
    577.6 KB · Views: 22
hi BC - good job! big job! I remember getting alder when living in PNW. a popular firewood choice.
Thanks! We have a lot of large alder here. Quite a few rot out at the base and go down every year so great source of firewood. Alder, Doug fir and big leaf maple are the most common choices around here.

G'day fellas. I've been busy putting the new log splitter through it's paces on some good hard Aussie Wood (yellow box and Redgum) all I can say is I love this log splitter, I wouldn't be able to split this stuff with a hand log splitter, it's just too hard to even bother trying (been there made that mistake and never again) I used to split it with a chainsaw before getting the log splitter.

z50BgJ3l.jpg

dTkh4gll.jpg

a2onOnxl.jpg

NIFKW1Tl.jpg

5XZzaKFl.jpg

WqpfIn7l.jpg

nGWfZThl.jpg

G'day fellas. I've been busy putting the new log splitter through it's paces on some good hard Aussie Wood (yellow box and Redgum) all I can say is I love this log splitter, I wouldn't be able to split this stuff with a hand log splitter, it's just too hard to even bother trying (been there made that mistake and never again) I used to split it with a chainsaw before getting the log splitter.

z50BgJ3l.jpg

dTkh4gll.jpg

a2onOnxl.jpg

NIFKW1Tl.jpg

5XZzaKFl.jpg

WqpfIn7l.jpg

nGWfZThl.jpg
Looks like if it doesn't split it, it just rips it in half, I can live with that.

Back