Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice of them to help you out :).
Yeah the way the larger branch came off the side and the whiter color was a fair give away, but I still thought it was funny :dumb:, I'll try again later lol.

Ya he wants me to use the 395 on it. But I think I have him talked into buying a 572. He is lusting over my Dohlmar though

Cleaned up around the stove today cuase it was warm yesterday and I let it burn all the way out. Right after I started the new fire remembered I gonna clean the glass so was frantically wiping it down as the kindling was starting [emoji23]
f31c0f7e68ba6869083c2f284ac32d74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks nice :blob2:.
I like to clean mine once it's just getting going like that, but not too hot.
Grab a wet rag and wipe the majority of it off, then hit it with a piece of steel wool to get any streaks off it. I think if we didn't have the hard water there would be a lot less streaks.

Ya he wants me to use the 395 on it. But I think I have him talked into buying a 572. He is lusting over my Dolmar though
Pretty sure the 7910 would have no problem taking that little stump down, but if he wants to buy a 572 so he can do it that sounds like a reasonable reason to buy one :rock:. An nice 7910 would be a lot cheaper though, pretty sure Nate has one of those available as do I:cheers:.

Looks nice :blob2:.
I like to clean mine once it's just getting going like that, but not too hot.
Grab a wet rag and wipe the majority of it off, then hit it with a piece of steel wool to get any streaks off it. I think if we didn't have the hard water there would be a lot less streaks.

Ha yeah looks real nice till the next time you add wood then it smokes up agajn [emoji2957]

Where's the 362 now.
Throw a stock cylinder on the 365 in the fishers picture above with a 268 popup isn and put a side tensioner on it, that would make a cheap fun saw
:chainsaw:.

1. The 362xp now sports an aftermarket big bore kit. Kinda amazed it still runs. I think I have had that kit on there for as long as I’ve been a member on here. No base gasket and the timing is advanced a hair. Saw only had 120psi but she runs and runs. It has a 395 flywheel, I think the extra weight helps keep the chains spinning in the cut....

Ha yeah looks real nice till the next time you add wood then it smokes up agajn [emoji2957]

Toss your thermometer in the garbage and feed er some wood and get it burning, if shes burning hot there will be no buildup on your glass.

1. The 362xp now sports an aftermarket big bore kit. Kinda amazed it still runs. I think I have had that kit on there for as long as I’ve been a member on here. No base gasket and the timing is advanced a hair. Saw only had 120psi but she runs and runs. It has a 395 flywheel, I think the extra weight helps keep the chains spinning in the cut....
No reason it shouldn't still run, if you have a 52mm AM kit(must be with only 120psi and a base gasket delete) its about the same power as a 51.4 oem and they run for a long time. I like my xpw with the large cylinder, runs nice. 120 seems a bit low, I was just talking about how some of the AM kits have a very large squish, but also about how well some huskys run at a lower psi. I've never had a 372 run strong at 120, but I've seen them run very well at 140-150.

Toss your thermometer in the garbage and feed er some wood and get it burning, if shes burning hot there will be no buildup on your glass.
Or dryer wood.
Mine gets a good bit of white on the glass, and it does get dirty if I choke it down too quickly, usually shoulder season or when I need to leave the house.
Seems like this whole month is more like the shoulder season :baba:.

Well, talking to the little old widow next door yesterday, found out her boiler is down and she’s about outta wood for her insert. Told the wife all of this and she told me to bring over a load of wood for her before it rains. So, no scrounging for me this morning, gonna be a delivery man

This is very cool man. Nice to hear things like this. I hope she was very appreciative. Being “human” is the true sense of the word is a lost attribute in today’s society.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

View attachment 791737 Got the cherry at the end of the drive way all split up and moved to the racks. Even got the FIL to help unload and stack. View attachment 791738 Yalked to this guy at the gas station last night. He said this is what it takes to fit a full cord of splits on an f250. Says people tell him it's more when he delivers. His response is to tell them they've never recieved a full cord befor.

Is that your “new” red f350 (or 250, don’t remember)? How you liking it? Get it stuck in the mud yet?

I like that bed side board extension idea On the tan f250. Very non permanent and the wood itself holds it in.

I want to get something like this done one day.

For all those that like a wide mud tire but are leery of the load capacities on “flotation” size tires like 35x12.5” tires....
Toyo just came out with an F rated flotation 35x12.5

I have 18” rims on my SRW 1ton with 285/75/18’s in the toyo MT and this new size WILL be my next set. Awsome load index AND a 35x13.5x18

https://tiresize.com/tires/Toyo/Open-Country-MT-35X12.50R18.htm

Where's the 362 now.

It followed the 044, 440 and a 460 to a local tree guy. The same guy who gave me that load of wood.

Debating on replacing it with a Ver II 362, or not. Likely I will just get the 462 ported instead, and build another Hybrid or 2.

I still have a couple of Asian 440s I have not yet built, in addition to some new OEM 460 pistons and used OEM 460 jugs (OK, one is an 046 D jug).

And then I plan to put an original OEM 066 jug on my original 066 saw, and put the cross P+C on an Asian 660 I have (plus I'll port both cylinders).

Projects, projects, projects!!!

It followed the 044, 440 and a 460 to a local tree guy. The same guy who gave me that load of wood.

Debating on replacing it with a Ver II 362, or not. Likely I will just get the 462 ported instead, and build another Hybrid or 2.

I still have a couple of Asian 440s I have not yet built, in addition to some new OEM 460 pistons and used OEM 460 jugs (OK, one is an 046 D jug).

And then I plan to put an original OEM 066 jug on my original 066 saw, and put the cross P+C on an Asian 660 I have (plus I'll port both cylinders).

Projects, projects, projects!!!
I was talking about Matt's.
I've never been a fan of the ms362, the original was a big turd out of the box, that being said I've never had one of the new cm's or even ran one.
When I got my first 362 I had a mm 310 that would put it to shame. That 310 was a lot like your 044 sounds, it was just that real fast saw unlike the other 310's I've owned, I also had a 2153(346 in a red wrapper) that was the baddest 346 chassis saw I've ever owned in stock form. It's neat when you get one of those, unfortunately it seems I've always let them go before I realized what they were :dumb:, oh well the ported ones rise to the occasion.
Personally I'd get the 462 ported, the 362 doesn't make much sense to me in comparison even ported.
I'd be happy to run my 2171 agains that 044, I think she's exceptional, no interest in selling this one(well at least right now :omg:).

Why is it that I can go months without throwing a chain and I did two yesterday
Update both chains are toast . Get hung up every revolution . Tried filing the the burrs on the drive links . One spot binds on the drive sprocket. Only been sharpened 4 or 5 times.

View attachment 791790 View attachment 791791

I've taken a couple like that to the dealer who replaced the bad links with new and didn't charge for it.

You never expressed interest in anything but my original 044 and my MOFO 360, both of which I still own. But don't worry, I've replaced the 044 and 440 with Hybrids that run even stronger … so no complaining!

And, you should have gotten the OEM top for your 372 and had that ported, they run very nice!

they are Stihls version of the 372xp, 72cc and light weight. What’s not to like? But YES those two you mentioned are my favorite of your two saws. And your 261 is probably my third favorite. I think for firewood action those would be the three go to saws

Is that your “new” red f350 (or 250, don’t remember)? How you liking it? Get it stuck in the mud yet?

I like that bed side board extension idea On the tan f250. Very non permanent and the wood itself holds it in.

I want to get something like this done one day.

20200118_074201.jpg I cant complain. Trans will get replaced when my tax return comes back pretty sure I'll like it alot more then. A buddy just picked up a 2001 cummins with a 6 speed. Kinda jealous wish my truck was a stick

Latest posts

Back