Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished bucking up the oak and hickory wind falls I started on a week ago. My first day off and my wife said your going to cut wood? Well it’s got to get done, now to split, transport and stack it.
6809912590f6a1cee50b2b754fd5de37.jpg
4775c9df1c9d4fd5b21965eb481b1cbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dug a little deeper and came up with 1 more.

img20200131_185004.jpg
That's my floor. I sanded it bare again. Not happy with this result either. Used the low voc 1 step stuff. Just gonna use real oil stain and polyurathane. I can live with the smell awhile. But can't live with this. Stuff dries way to fast to maintain any kind of wet edge. Guess I should have known better. But the promise of fast dry times and no fumes seduced me.

Well, pre hydrating tonight for tomorrow’s scrounging. Watching my little one “paint”.

Mark, the more you post..... Bikes, Hunting, Knives...... you could be a long lost relative of Mustangs and Mine.

Nate, I love the repurposed horse trailer. There’s a dual axle “home made” trailer on our local Craigslist for $500. Looks like it was once a horse trailer (my sister had a horse and the wheels look just like pops old trailer). I’ve often daydreamed about grabbing it and converting/making a dump trailer outta it.

Uncle @MustangMike, looks great. Definitely moving along! What saw have you been using the most?

and I can’t remember who mentioned cutting alone and first aid, but I wear chaps and a helmet and gloves. But I’ll add, God forbid something happens to me, just stick a fork in me and call me done. I got enough insurance.... wife is still hot enough to find a new guy.... Kids will be just fine!

Well, pre hydrating tonight for tomorrow’s scrounging. Watching my little one “paint”.

Mark, the more you post..... Bikes, Hunting, Knives...... you could be a long lost relative of Mustangs and Mine.

Nate, I love the repurposed horse trailer. There’s a dual axle “home made” trailer on our local Craigslist for $500. Looks like it was once a horse trailer (my sister had a horse and the wheels look just like pops old trailer). I’ve often daydreamed about grabbing it and converting/making a dump trailer outta it.

Uncle @MustangMike, looks great. Definitely moving along! What saw have you been using the most?

and I can’t remember who mentioned cutting alone and first aid, but I wear chaps and a helmet and gloves. But I’ll add, God forbid something happens to me, just stick a fork in me and call me done. I got enough insurance.... wife is still hot enough to find a new guy.... Kids will be just fine!

Dont think my wife would have a problem with the men if I kicked. She can handle a saw and rides her own motorcycle 20200131_194201.jpg 20160613_141450.jpg

Wife isn't always that ripped . She was doing a competition 2 years ago. Won 2nd out of 40 other women mostly half her age . The picture with all the bikes is weirs beach laconia NH last year. The chaps was somewhere in Montana on our cross country bike ride in 2017 29 states 11500 miles . No trailers and 90% of the time camping

She was 54 at the time

Back