Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For rye I like Templeton. Bourbon I normally drink three: Bulleit, Basil (pretty high in rye), and my favorite is Blanton's. Blanton's can be tough to find around here and I usually hoard it. In a pinch I'll revert to 4 roses or eagle rare. I try not to spend a ton of money on them and $60 is about the max for my everyday drinking.

I don't care for scotch that much. Peat and smoke don't sit well with my pallet.

I drank a lot of scotch for a while. Started off with the mild ones like Macallan 12 and eventually came to like Ardbeg and the other smokey ones.

What killed it for me was I ended up coming down with the flu when I was drinking some peated Irish whiskey. Three years later I still don’t much have a taste for whiskey/whisky.

For rye I like Templeton. Bourbon I normally drink three: Bulleit, Basil (pretty high in rye), and my favorite is Blanton's. Blanton's can be tough to find around here and I usually hoard it. In a pinch I'll revert to 4 roses or eagle rare. I try not to spend a ton of money on them and $60 is about the max for my everyday drinking.

I don't care for scotch that much. Peat and smoke don't sit well with my pallet.
I like Bulleit...coworker got me a small bottle around Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I drank a lot of scotch for a while. Started off with the mild ones like Macallan 12 and eventually came to like Ardbeg and the other smokey ones.

What killed it for me was I ended up coming down with the flu when I was drinking some peated Irish whiskey. Three years later I still don’t much have a taste for whiskey/whisky.
I like scotch, although I don't get it very often...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Four Roses is good, as is Blanton’s. I searched and searched for Eagle Rare, and Finally scored. I was not impressed with it when drinking it neat. I heard it’s better on the rocks/stones.

A real good 90 proof Bourbon is Russel’s 10 year. Smooth as Sunday morning. Same with Colonel Taylor.

I like Bulliet Rye better than their bourbon when neat, but the bourbon is amazing in coffee with honey from our bees, and aw cream from our Jerseys.

Four Roses is good, as is Blanton’s. I searched and searched for Eagle Rare, and Finally scored. I was not impressed with it when drinking it neat. I heard it’s better on the rocks/stones.

A real good 90 proof Bourbon is Russel’s 10 year. Smooth as Sunday morning. Same with Colonel Taylor.

I like Bulliet Rye better than their bourbon when neat, but the bourbon is amazing in coffee with honey from our bees, and aw cream from our Jerseys.

Never had Russel's. I'll keep my eyes open for it. Had the Colonel but it's not common around here, liked it though.

Sounds like you have a pretty good setup with the bee' s and the moo's.

I'm a neat guy. Just grew up that way and have never changed. Rarely will I ice it and even rarer if I cut it with water. Bookers is one I have to ice otherwise it gets me.

Buffalo trace is another one that the snobs try and shove down your throat around here.
You noticed that too.

Unless I was drinking Knob Creek or Scotch, I would rather just have regular Jim Beam than many of the upscale brands the they try to force on us.

Man i missed out on a KILLER scrounge. About 10 BIG oaks and some other trees are being taken down by the county a couple miles from my house. They are widening the shoulders and re-paving With one of those fancy machines are county just bought that scoops up the old Blacktop and spits it back out new.

Appertaining it is ALL claimed by 2 guys[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We will see how they handle it themselves. They now know im anxiously interested.
Don’t think they realize how much wood it’s going to be. Its so much wood it would justify a nice new 48” bar for my saw. ........ anyone make a lightweight bar that long?

Ill keep you posted chipper[emoji6]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Latest posts

Back