Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes those are mid sized homeowner grade saws. The second digit of a MS model tells you if it’s homeowner or pro. If it’s an even number it’s a pro saw. Odd number is homeowner. 241, 261, 461, 661, etc are pro saws. 211, 271, 291, etc are homeowner.
Thanks SVK . I am ignorant to Stihl's numbering system. Thanks for the explanation. I'll try to remember.

Well I solved the problem of oiling the drill bit in the the press in the basement. I used old peanut oil from the christmas bird . Wife was like "mmm that smells good what are you cooking ?"View attachment 796128

Dude.

But cutting oil[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The oil is not for lube. Its for cooling[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Peanut oil[emoji23]

This is great. I would do the same thing[emoji1303][emoji41]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

I got a buddy that absolutely loves Stihl chainsaws. He’s about 10 years younger than me.... to him Poulan is the Walmart wildthing. You should have seen his face when I brought him to a GTG at Spike60’s and Lee Harvey whipped out a Poulan Pro 455!
The old saws were much different than the new ones . I pull out the old Homelite ez's and it's like whoa what the hell is that .lots of loud and little cutting

I got a buddy that absolutely loves Stihl chainsaws. He’s about 10 years younger than me.... to him Poulan is the Walmart wildthing. You should have seen his face when I brought him to a GTG at Spike60’s and Lee Harvey whipped out a Poulan Pro 455!
I’ve got a story like that. Guy at the cant races whips out a shelf queen pro Husky ported by **** and proceeds to get utterly thumped by a John Deere saw. Funniest thing ever. The groupies were pretty quiet after that one lol.

Dude.

But cutting oil[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The oil is not for lube. Its for cooling[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Peanut oil[emoji23]

This is great. I would do the same thing[emoji1303][emoji41]

. Yes it's to cool the bit but it still smokes

I’ve got a story like that. Guy at the cant races whips out a shelf queen pro Husky ported by **** and proceeds to get utterly thumped by a John Deere saw. Funniest thing ever. The groupies were pretty quiet after that one lol.

Four asterisks...... Hmmmm
B
R
A

hmm

What’s that 4th asterisk???

Say it with me now. It's all in the chain.

Good lord this thing needs morn than half of the chain ground off to get back to a good edge

Calling chipper!
[emoji23]

ef84c3eaa34d81ddaab655a9377a3a74.jpg

James I’d say 40/60. A chain does make a WORLD of difference. A guy that ported one of my uncles 046’s gave me a chain that was definitely an eye opener!! But ya gotta have a mean engine to make it work. Just like HP and Tires on a hot rod. 1000hp ain’t gonna get you down the track if ya can’t hook

Should’ve went with my gut. I stopped going to the tree service that has a logging road with piles of wood everywhere that you can take for free. I kept finding junk wood or nails in everything.

Ran out of wood to split so I thought I’d stop by to take a look. Couldn’t resist a giant oak.
Hardly even buried my brand new chain and 32” bar in a HUGE pc of oak.

Just destroyed every cutter on my brand new chain[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

****ing nails in the tree[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoj
Dang!! What a bummer.

So sorry to hear man. Lesson learned I guess.

Latest posts

Back