Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s not a Ford...

A Ford Excursion is almost as rare as a unicorn around here :(
But , this one has a rebuilt transmission/transfercase , set me back 500$ and I had to put 300$ into it to pass a 2 year road legal I figure why not .
Polly regret that decision later Lol

A Ford Excursion is almost as rare as a unicorn around here :(
But , this one has a rebuilt transmission/transfercase , set me back 500$ and I had to put 300$ into it to pass a 2 year road legal I figure why not .
Polly regret that decision later Lol
I miss our Excursion. Have the 6.Blow, and it started giving me fits. Injectors, FICM, etc. I fixed it all up, was running tip top, and sold it. The guy put over 45,000 miles on it pulling his camper, then at a little over 200K the turbo took a crap.

When it ran good, it was awesome. Great power, and great MPGs for a 3/4 - 1 ton truck.

I’m on the hunt for a clean one with a 7.3.

Well, I was off on the model number of Gramp’s ole Husky. It’s a 254. And, it’s not in as bad as shape as I thought. Looks like an 18” bar. Need to check on what chain that is (3/8??)

The chain brake mechanism is jacked up, so I can’t get the cover back on. I just took it apart and I don’t think Gramps every cleaned this thing. I unclogged everything, and it all seems to be in good working order, but I need to find a diagram on this thing so I can make sure it’s put back together right.

I’m also gonna see it I can fire it up. Has a champion plug, what do you all recommend? I run NGKs in my Stihls. Don’t mind my messy work bench. It’s a catch all right now...

Both plugs are good enough. I just happen to use NGK all the time. They are BOTH made as cheap as possible in 3rd world countries by extremely low paid people.

Its is scary seeing the pictures.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Minnesota house, home-built, using empty auto battery cases as forms for the concrete foundation.
Toxic lead = toxic real estate.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/04/27/white-bear-lake-home-foundation-car-battery-cases/

Philbert
The more things change, the more they stay the same. There's a concrete slab system by a brand called Cupolex using interconnecting plastic domes, eliminating the largely pointless concrete of conventional slabs in areas that add nothing useful to the strength of the slab. I've used it a few times and like it. The old-timer builders were ahead of their time I guess. Formwork for walls though, that's interesting.

Been over 150 years since lead acid batteries were developed and we still haven't got a good replacement for vehicle starter batteries. It won't be long now though....

Oh, and BTW, given the Chinese origin of that TEMco grinder, I wondered how long it would be before it washed ashore here in NZ. Well, it's here now, as another brand. I don't think TEMco have the control they'd like us to believe.

So I tried making some bark “shingles” just for fun for some of the wood I’m processing at my sons school. Went by during rain on Thursday. It’s....sort of....working [emoji23] if the pieces were longer, more regular, and I had more of them maybe it would work better. In other words if it was completely different lol
95248dd816ebc4396a7d6dd3753986de.jpg

Here’s chopping them off the rounds.
65cd6d9c05bd947aa4693b0618003c81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my Grandpa’s old Husky. Hasn’t run in 15 years I bet. I think it’s a 245?? Or 285?? It’s not a huge saw, I think it has an 18” bar on it. I saved it after he passed to hopefully get it running again one day. It’s a basket case, had old gas sitting in it for years. Probably needs all new fuel lines, and then I tired to take the bar off the brake mechanism came apart as I took the side cover off.

I told my local Stihl/Husky dealer that I’d bring it to him to fix. I should have taken it yesterday. I’ll to get some pics of it later today.

Well, I was off on the model number of Gramp’s ole Husky. It’s a 254. And, it’s not in as bad as shape as I thought. Looks like an 18” bar. Need to check on what chain that is (3/8??)

The chain brake mechanism is jacked up, so I can’t get the cover back on. I just took it apart and I don’t think Gramps every cleaned this thing. I unclogged everything, and it all seems to be in good working order, but I need to find a diagram on this thing so I can make sure it’s put back together right.

I’m also gonna see it I can fire it up. Has a champion plug, what do you all recommend? I run NGKs in my Stihls. Don’t mind my messy work bench. It’s a catch all right now...

I had my fingers crossed it was gonna be a 242xp. But a old 254 will still get it done! Order a carb kit and get that old girl into some wood!!

Gonna end up being an expensive day.

My right lower ball joint actually sheared while I was driving today and in turn blew out the cv joint and bent the steering arm. It’s 58 miles from home right now so I’ll figure that out tomorrow.

Good lord. Glad you are safe....? If you have a HD truck check out dynatrac. They have HD ball joints that are greaseable and rebuildable. They have other AWSOME stuff too.
ALL AMERICAN MADE

If you have a chevy they dont make stuff for you i think. Only solid axle truck stuff. ....i think.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...5588e8406517c2bd88256d09001fa279?OpenDocument

Muad, I have it’s big brother the 262xp. Great firewood saw. Won’t be upset with it ;)
Dang, 3.9HP? Thanks for the link!! This is the older non-XP labeled model, thinking late 80s or early 90s. I saw a thread that said you can tell by the first three numbers in the serial (912 on mine). Maybe a 1991??

I filled her up with fuel, no dice. Then I saw fuel leaking out onto the rear handle. Probably needs fuel lines? Also, I didn’t see a choke? Just a switch with no markings. Maybe I had it in the off position? LOL.

Need to find a manual. I have the case for it too, so it’ll have a good home while not in use.

Latest posts

Back