Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like his membership to AS was terminated.....
I tried and failed miserably to joke around with him recently on a thread he had about hydro-dipping some parts. Hope I didn't piss him off. But IIRC he's got a few health issues at the mo and probably just rationalising his time online. That's the primary reason I culled my membership over on O P E ages ago. Not for health reasons, just that one collection of chainsaw misfits is enough.

I tried and failed miserably to joke around with him recently on a thread he had about hydro-dipping some parts. Hope I didn't piss him off. But IIRC he's got a few health issues at the mo and probably just rationalising his time online. That's the primary reason I culled my membership over on O P E ages ago. Not for health reasons, just that one collection of chainsaw misfits is enough.
I'm mostly here. But I follow the how to square file and firewood thread on O P E and FHC has a Kabota thread that comes in handy. I work nights and only sleep about 4 hours a day so i have time to bounce around a little.

Very cool to think about that. Man the tree has seen some things.

Thanks for sharing.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Not sure if I posted this one in here.
Saw it over in Lansing the other day, big tree for sure.
The limb on the front left would take a 40" bar to clear above the branch that forks off :surprised3:.
Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 4.54.02 PM.png

They pulled this one out up North a month or so ago:
RCDJQEQTFRCOLHWBPF4PAD7ITU.jpg

AJDK374T4ZFZFBESW6MC2L6WOA.jpg

Gonna need a bigger mill!

I know where a few logs are up there but don't know how big and will never find out because the area is a very crucial wetland swamp and there's no way I'm even telling anyone about them in case word gets to some bastid (there are many, only a few get prosecuted unfortunately) who would tear that wetland apart.
Excellent firewood scrounge there Kiwibro, all be it hard on chains.

Not sure if I posted this one in here.
Saw it over in Lansing the other day, big tree for sure.
The limb on the front left would take a 40" bar to clear above the branch that forks off :surprised3:.
View attachment 797419
I want the little hatch back. I need a daily beater diesel is up to 2.95 in maryland. Good thing I only go through about half a tank every two weeks.

Well I’m sorry to see him go.

I spent a little time on a few of the other sites over the years, they just weren’t for me. In the event that there’s a topic in one of them that hasn’t been covered here I can always read up on it through google.

I really like it here, especially in this thread. The saw forum can get a little testy and I don’t bother with P+R.

If there’s a single rub with this place (in my opinion), it’s that the site owners let troublemakers stay too long after they’ve worn out their welcome.

I want the little hatch back. I need a daily beater diesel is up to 2.95 in maryland. Good thing I only go through about half a tank every two weeks.
Fuel and oil changes are the killer for a diesel, I sold my f350 crew cab when diesel was just under $4, for a bit it was at 4.50 a gallon up here. The good thing is I was driving then and the speedway rewards program gave you .10 per dollar spent on fuel not per gallon(they changed it not long after lol), so I was filling the ford up every other week for free, the semi I was driving only got 4.8-5.2 mpg so I was racking up the points pretty quite.
I like the one in the picture, 5 speed with manual windows and steering, it does have A/C though :). My old eg got much better fuel economy, I checked it over 8k and it got 38.56 mpg and I got on that little 1.5 L pretty hard, I liked it better except the red paint. I have a 2000 insight that I hope to get on the rd again some day, the lifetime average on the car is 54mpg, it's nice for chasing down saws and generators.
Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 8.21.37 PM.png

If you’re not afraid to wrench once in a while, look for a clean MK2 Diesel. My 86 Jetta had the 1.6LNA Diesel, and got over 40mpg. She liked used motor oil and ATF too ;) Had no balls at all. I made a custom fuel filter setup to get rid of the expensive setup that was on it. Went to spin on style (long oil filter looking ones). She had over 300K miles, and would still be on the road today had I not been t-boned in her.

I do wish it had the 1.6L turbo diesel (pre-TDI). Same motor with a small hair dryer. They got a little better MPGs and had some get up and go.

Back