Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to start a fire this evening because the wife was cold. Decided a nice piece of cedar on top of the kindling would be nice to start. Unfortunately, the piece I selected was a smidge too long to fit in the stove (it happens). So I fired up the crapsman in the garage and had at er, as well as trimming a branch from a gnarly split. Garage is full of chips as are my Crocs. Clothes smell like two smoke...uh uh uh uh!! (Tim Allen noise)
9f3e65b7deda46caec67bc03fe08a8a1.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Im SOOOO glad you did not share a picture of you Crocs

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Got a new wedge smacker today. Couldn’t pass it up. 3.5#Michigan single bit. drop forged, hickory handle.

Cut the handle down to 24” for now until i see how it feels. Taking it to work tomorrow to work on the cutting edge.

Man i love the shape of this handle! Looks and feels great!

2fc0239e29f8afda773599a96e17daeb.jpg

Got a new wedge smacker today. Couldn’t pass it up. 3.5#Michigan single bit. drop forged, hickory handle.

Cut the handle down to 24” for now until i see how it feels. Taking it to work tomorrow to work on the cutting edge.

Man i love the shape of this handle! Looks and feels great!

2fc0239e29f8afda773599a96e17daeb.jpg

Nice!

Well , the buyers remorse sure didn't take long Lol
Drove it home on the maiden voyage to listen to a bad wheelbearing , drove it back to the shop to blow a rear tire , scrounge a free tire , replace the bearing , send it to my alignment shop to have the transmission loose reverse when they backed off the rack ...

Anyone got an Ef2Fiddy for sale ?
And to think , all the local Chevy boys were envious of my score Lol

Bummer man.

Sell that thing and get a Ford ;)

I picked up a Fiskar's Isocore splitting maul on an internet auction for $25 including buyers fees. Should bust the ones the x27 won't.

Iv got both. The maul is great! The handle is a bit to short IMO but it is a great splitter. I do use the 27 more though.

I picked up a Fiskar's Isocore splitting maul on an internet auction for $25 including buyers fees. Should bust the ones the x27 won't.
That Isocore will definitely split tough/gnarly wood. It is one heck of a workout, though, swingin' that 8 lb. maul.

@dancan judging by your pics a few days ago, I’m gonna guess 4L60..... in the shop some guys love them because they are cake to rebuild other guys hate them because..... they always blow up under normal use.

4L60 was the same transmission used in s10’s, Colorado’s, Caprice’s, Camaro’s etc.... In the smaller vehicles, they lasted “ok”. When you start putting them in Tahoe’s, Suburban’s, K1500, Express Vans..... they go boom

My one Camaro has one, the way I beat it.. my one master tech calls it the 4futureNeutral60

Latest posts

Back