Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m drinking my coffee and I can hear a feller buncher running in the distance so I’m going to take the snowmobile and investigate after breakfast. There may be some tops to scrounge.

Good luck!

Busy weekend for me, so I may not get to play with the saws at all. Plus, it’s gonna be near 50, so I’m sure it will be a sloppy, muddy mess.

My s2000 will run 155 topped out in 6th gear. Stock tranny and rear end. Ap1 2.0 liter. Vortech supercharger 4 inch pulley. Water methanol injection after 5 psi. Haltech ecu. Very little will run with it including bikes.
7818e5f410cc873458a4540fed05ac9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be fun in the twisties down there.
While many cars get to the same power to weight ratio of a bike, not many can hook up as well.
This one is funny, just a little 600, and the poor car even took him out of the hole, pretty sure the tune isn't pushing 550 who lol.

This is funny, like armwrestling a girl, if you win, you beat a girl lol, if you loose...

I stepped outside and it’s coming from a different direction than it sounds inside. But still within 3/4 mile.

I have burnt off of an old landing for 2 years. I’m afraid it going the other way on me. Wish I was home more. They left enough wood to burn on for many years.

While many cars get to the same power to weight ratio of a bike, not many can hook up as well.
This one is funny, just a little 600, and the poor car even took him out of the hole, pretty sure the tune isn't pushing 550 who lol.

This is funny, like armwrestling a girl, if you win, you beat a girl lol, if you loose...

I’m pushing 500 to the wheels right now. Motor is capable of over 1200 but the tranny and rear end is not. Seen one at the import fights in Bristol pushing 1200 with a BIG turbo. Custom transmission. Rear end out of an explorer. Running 180 mph in the quarter. On the brakes at the finish to not break out of his class. That was a fun day.

I’m pushing 500 to the wheels right now. Motor is capable of over 1200 but the tranny and rear end is not. Seen one at the import fights in Bristol pushing 1200 with a BIG turbo. Custom transmission. Rear end out of an explorer. Running 180 mph in the quarter. On the brakes at the finish to not break out of his class. That was a fun day.

That sounds like a blast, you know I like my Hondas.
I'd rather run the turns than go fast in a straight line, but both have their place.
I need to get an engine in the insight, even a stock 1.6 vtec would make it fun to drive, that car is crazy light, imagine a blue top or a 3.5 in it :happy:, the handling would still be poor though without major upgrades. I do have an extra 16 vtec sitting here with a 5 speed, maybe after I get the barn built, or maybe it will get scraped to build the barn :cry:, can't keep them all, well unless I get licensed as a junk yard :laugh:.

That GTR should make 550 with what's done to it. Same race from a 40 roll would see much different results. Problem with the GTR is you don't have to know how to drive to go fast. The electronics will make almost anyone look like they know what there doing.

That sounds like a blast, you know I like my Hondas.
I'd rather run the turns than go fast in a straight line, but both have their place.
I need to get an engine in the insight, even a stock 1.6 vtec would make it fun to drive, that car is crazy light, imagine a blue top or a 3.5 in it :happy:, the handling would still be poor though without major upgrades. I do have an extra 16 vtec sitting here with a 5 speed, maybe after I get the barn built, or maybe it will get scraped to build the barn :cry:, can't keep them all, well unless I get licensed as a junk yard :laugh:.
I still think a b20vtec CRV would be an interesting kid hauler. If it's not enough on motor add a 50 trim and 10-12 pounds of boost. 300whp should be pretty easy and more then enough for a family car.

I still think a b20vtec CRV would be an interesting kid hauler. If it's not enough on motor add a 50 trim and 10-12 pounds of boost. 300whp should be pretty easy and more then enough for a family car.

The b20 was a good motor. Barely pulled the crv around though. Bought my step daughter one as a first car. Nice and slow and 4 wheel drive. She hated it lol.

Question Nate are these tongs easy to use and pretty forgiving in terms of having to grab the log in the centre of gravity. Does it matter if your off centre?
I think so. Had little trouble at first getting them to close and grip on barkless dry wood, sharping points helped that, also if you hook point opposite handle first then lift it pulls them closed and grips well, or just give it a quick jerk works too. And they actually grip better if it’s not in center in my experience. You can pickup pieces quite a bit bigger than opening too, just set round on end and grip off center of end. EFD8B323-F861-4DAC-B2A9-A2521CD32343.jpegTo release just push down with palm quick. Just be careful throwing large rounds, if it don’t release your body has a tendency to follow the round wherever it goes, lol. Hope that helps, they really are handy.

Since we’re talking cars still...

My old fun car. Never took it down the 1/4, just some country road racing in “mexico”. Kid that has it now went a best of 11.3 on my old turbo setup (FP White Rabbit) on corn, however the car has a best ET of 10.01 with a FP Black, built motor, and corn.

He offered it to me to buy back a couple summers ago, but I was broke. I miss that car. I wish Ford would make a stout sedan with true AWD and a turbo 4 or 6. Like a Barra :)

Attachments

• 2CCF34B6-197B-403C-91DF-EDFBA987C083.jpeg
    2CCF34B6-197B-403C-91DF-EDFBA987C083.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 9
  • D24033D6-3EE9-4A67-A925-BEDDD77D3083.jpeg
    D24033D6-3EE9-4A67-A925-BEDDD77D3083.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 5E326B5C-61A4-4551-86EE-5AC52EE54C75.jpeg
    5E326B5C-61A4-4551-86EE-5AC52EE54C75.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 10
  • D02BA741-A138-4144-B4C7-B3DE47699089.jpeg
    D02BA741-A138-4144-B4C7-B3DE47699089.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 1B433E8D-7E93-48AC-995C-6C08353E9BFA.jpeg
    1B433E8D-7E93-48AC-995C-6C08353E9BFA.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 10
Since we’re talking cars still...

My old fun car. Never took it down the 1/4, just some country road racing in “mexico”. Kid that has it now went a best of 11.3 on my old turbo setup (FP White Rabbit) on corn, however the car has a best ET of 10.01 with a FP Black, built motor, and corn.

He offered it to me to buy back a couple summers ago, but I was broke. I miss that car. I wish Ford would make a stout sedan with true AWD and a turbo 4 or 6. Like a Barra :)

I like those cars a lot

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Latest posts

Back