Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our Costco , well ,,,
Our local grocery stores , looks like business as usual .
Try and find 3M N95 masks at wholesale , good luck but I did score 9 boxes of 20 , I'll trade them for beer :)
I had a 50 pack of dust masks that we use when we grind rust off of rims , told that to a friend , he said he wanted a box so I got him one .
They cost 8$ for 50 , he brought me 20$ the next day , I told him I wanted 8 , he said he sold them for 30$ and to order more boxes Lol

Mask wont stop any kind of flu or corona. But dont tell your buddy. [emoji1787]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

There is an important difference between 'masks' and 'respirators'. The latter are tested and certified, even if they are single use 'paper' (they are not really paper) and look similar.

If the respirators fit comfortably, they are probably not working correctly. They must fit tight enough to form a seal, otherwise, air will take the 'path of least resistance' around the edges, instead of being filtered. Guys (or gals!) with heavy facial hair can shave just the areas where the respirator seals, or use a 'supplied air respirator', or a 'PAPR' (powered air purifying respirator) which pulls air through a filter with a fan, and then pumps it to a hood. The positive pressure of the filtered air pushes the 'bad' air away from the users' breathing zone.

Masks just catch the big droplets when you sneeze (and exhale) and are also good for robbing convenience stores.

Philbert

There is an important difference between 'masks' and 'respirators'. The latter are tested and certified, even if they are single use 'paper' (they are not really paper) and look similar.

If the respirators fit comfortably, they are probably not working correctly. They must fit tight enough to form a seal, otherwise, air will take the 'path of least resistance' around the edges, instead of being filtered. Guys (or gals!) with heavy facial hair can shave just the areas where the respirator seals, or use a 'supplied air respirator', or a 'PAPR' (powered air purifying respirator) which pulls air through a filter with a fan, and then pumps it to a hood. The positive pressure of the filtered air pushes the 'bad' air away from the users' breathing zone.

Masks just catch the big droplets when you sneeze (and exhale) and are also good for robbing convenience stores.

Philbert
I have a positive pressure hood with a oilless turbin to paint with . Wont shave the beard I use it when I use the media blaster too

Unless one would follow all the protocols for dealing with deadly pathogens , everything is a placebo lol
I'll live on the edge and only wear my chainsaw Pe Pe Ee while scrounging wood on the weekends .
I'll go buff and not wear a mask or use Purell :crazy:

Guy at work cleared some land and piled the logs. Asked me if I wanted some....what do you think my answer was?

Only issue is hes 47miles from me. Rented a 12k lb dump trailer for the weekend and was able to get about 3/4 of it. He loaded trailer with his excavator so minimal work besides the long drives for me. Mostly oak and maple. Got enough to last me next year. Wish he was closer as theres more but with having kids and lots of work, time is hard to come by.

8EaL9E7l.jpg

eshlzdnl.jpg

i1xi1Gal.jpg

Guy at work cleared some land and piled the logs. Asked me if I wanted some....what do you think my answer was?

Only issue is hes 47miles from me. Rented a 12k lb dump trailer for the weekend and was able to get about 3/4 of it. He loaded trailer with his excavator so minimal work besides the long drives for me. Mostly oak and maple. Got enough to last me next year. Wish he was closer as theres more but with having kids and lots of work, time is hard to come by.

8EaL9E7l.jpg

eshlzdnl.jpg

i1xi1Gal.jpg
Score!!

I can picture a max max style post apocalyptic dystopian world where people are roaming the streets looking for roast coffee beans.......... but toilet paper come on Australia get a grip of yourself:dumb::cry::eek::confused::drinkingcoffee:
I'm with you on the beans, I do like a clean bottom too though lol.

Sounds like an emotional support then . Good deal

It is. Reality is that we're in the middle of nowhere and a top-notch singer is doing a gig for nothing? Pretty sweet. Sure, she's got her knockers ( :surprised3: ) … but it is genuinely good of her to do this, I'm sure it ain't cheap to do.

There must have been some good PR work done to get her up here since we were more inconvenienced by the fires up here than devastated. But the town of Bright where the concert will be is a well known tourist location in our state so even though no-one got killed by fire in Bright and other places were worse off, this is where it is being held.

Scrounged some more of that mystery meat. After some interweb comparisons, I’m guessing pignut hickory.

acf85a7dae5db6e893af5ab6fc87f121.jpg

Whatever it is, it’s gonna get get burned [emoji2375][emoji16]
e5298c8759ecc426316167439c531ead.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like nice BTUs to me!

Meenwhile , somewhere in Australia

1204973679.jpg

This is what I don't get. If I was confined to my house, I would be most worried about the beer supply. I mean, if you need to have a dump and there's no dunny paper, well the shower is just there. Might be different for the girls, I suppose, but who cares?

Latest posts

Back