Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's been a beautiful winter to get out and cash in on what mother nature provides up here in Northern Mi. Hopefully, the snow will be gone in a couple weeks and I can get the splitter back in here and clean this mess up.View attachment 807121

Winter cutting is the best , no dropbears , hoop snakes , piousness ants, spiders and killer lizzards to be seen for miles :)

Winter cutting is the best , no dropbears , hoop snakes , piousness ants, spiders and killer lizzards to be seen for miles :)
No skeeters, no leaves, no dirt, and best of all I can just tuck a couple cold "beverages" in the snow to enjoy when the chips are done flying.

Do you use the splitter just to make the logs light enough to load? My mom used to like to help, and she couldn’t help if we didn’t do that. Except for the little bit of small stuff.

I can pretty much back right into that spot with my pickup. I'll split it all right there and load it as I go.

Well, it's been a beautiful winter to get out and cash in on what mother nature provides up here in Northern Mi. Hopefully, the snow will be gone in a couple weeks and I can get the splitter back in here and clean this mess up.View attachment 807121
Nice pile of sticks.:laugh: Can't quite make out the saws on the stump.

uQfcY88.jpg

See , desperate times here , I'm outta wood , only got a small pile of dirt left :(
Burn the pallets!!!!:laughing:

After doing 5 Tax Returns I found a little time late in the afternoon to play with my new Twins and reduce my log pile a bit!

It was cool (30s) and windy this morning, but in the late afternoon it got very pleasant. Was good to take a break and get some fresh air!

I'm planning to mill the large Red Oak log on the left.

Attachments

• IMG_20200315_163730187_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200315_163730187_HDR.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200315_163717144_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200315_163717144_HDR.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200315_163705943_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200315_163705943_HDR.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 8
I did not plant these, and don't know if they are wild or domestic, but they are pretty! They are pushing up right next to my log pile.

Anyone know what the heck they are??? (one was catching wood chips)!

Attachments

• IMG_20200315_155111091_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200315_155111091_HDR.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20200315_155102884_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200315_155102884_HDR.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20200315_155050007_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200315_155050007_HDR.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 25
Burn the pallets!!!!:laughing:

Well , truth be told since it was a big sky day here and all , I enjoyed my social distancing :)

7Bv39qB.jpg

uaUizJk.jpg

Jerry and I decided to work the stash at the undisclosed location to keep ahead of this Covid invasion just in case we head into an iceage for the next world crisis .

U7QT6lB.jpg

MLoMFn3.jpg
qPpi7TF.jpg

Scrounge on and stay safe my friends !

Looks good, but for $130 I’d like to see if I can get it on sale or in the off season or clearance. My old beat up wheel barrow will have to suffice for now.
View attachment 806794

Knowing how helpful that is as well as how easy it makes moving things VS a wheelbarrow i would not hesitate to pay the price. I pile heavy rounds up in that thing a high as i can and it pulls WAY WAY easier than a wheelbarrow.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Since it's crept it's way into this thread, for whatever reason, I'm gonna throw my observation out there. I drive truck for a living, and I recently began a run that delivers to Toronto, Ontario. Some of you younger guys may not remember the mass hysteria associated with the SARS outbreak, but it was a contagious virus, quite similar to the current Coronavirus epidemic, and Toronto was pretty much the eye of the storm. The Greater Toronto Area is home to roughly 6 million people, but from what I can tell it's pretty much business as usual, no mass hysteria. What I have noticed is personal at the toll booths, customs booths and behind the cash registers wearing a simple pair of latex gloves. I keep noticing janitorial staff running around with bottles of spray cleaner and paper towels, wiping things down in high traffic areas. Also notice store employees picking up any loose trash and emptying the garbage cans before the ****'s overflowing all over the place. Simple, common sense, proactive steps will go much further than all the stupidity we've seen here. I just left my local Wal-Mart, and the bread isle is damn near empty. PERFECT time to get in there and clean those shelves, but instead you could pretty much hear the crickets chirping.

Latest posts

Back