Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why look at how beautiful the emperor's (@Cowboy254) new load of firewood is! Isn't it beautiful fellas? I've never seen such a splendid display of a wheelbarrow full of new firewood. It's not as if I forgot to take a picture until after it was stacked or anything.
20200403_160006.jpg
The second load of new firewood is not quite as beautiful.
20200403_161509.jpg
The third load is just standard highly valuable black walnut.
20200403_170742.jpg

Still under the weather Feel odd, stom acn has a weak steady pain. M ay be constipation . I 'll take a pill for thay
'
ballance is shot, I bounce off walls when I got up.

Not betterer by morni ng I go to the clinic

This is Harry's last posting in some time.

We haven't heard from Harry for about ten days now. He said he was feeling badly. He's in the early Covid-19 area and may be 80 years old or so.

Wishing Harry the best!

0136DE4B-98CE-4049-A6FA-89DC96628C56.jpeg11370F4A-7403-4269-B003-075BDAA3C48D.jpeg
Got out while we are still able to get out and cut a heap of firewood with my brother in law for his household and my parents as well. I figure it’s going to be important for them to keep the house warm this winter (we live in a tropical area so it doesn’t get too crazy) so they don’t pick up any other bugs that might complicate the big bug we are all trying to avoid. My 460 magnum’s first run with a new 25 inch stihl light bar and full chisel chain. My brother in law is a Husky guy and ran his 372xp. They both chewed up a mix of dead red gum, blue gum, and ironbark. One re-sharpen on each saw for this whole lot, two tanks of fuel each. It certainly helps when there is no bark to hold dirt and blunt your chain.

View attachment 814054View attachment 814055
Got out while we are still able to get out and cut a heap of firewood with my brother in law for his household and my parents as well. I figure it’s going to be important for them to keep the house warm this winter (we live in a tropical area so it doesn’t get too crazy) so they don’t pick up any other bugs that might complicate the big bug we are all trying to avoid. My 460 magnum’s first run with a new 25 inch stihl light bar and full chisel chain. My brother in law is a Husky guy and ran his 372xp. They both chewed up a mix of dead red gum, blue gum, and ironbark. One re-sharpen on each saw for this whole lot, two tanks of fuel each. It certainly helps when there is no bark to hold dirt and blunt your chain.

Now that's the stuff. Whereabouts are you, mate? Near QLD/NSW border, inland a bit - guessing from the trees?

Now that's the stuff. Whereabouts are you, mate? Near QLD/NSW border, inland a bit - guessing from the trees?

Gold Coast Hinterland.

I’ve had a lot of trouble burning “red” gum over the years - even when dry it can still split all stringy and not burn the best. We were glad to get a heap of ironbark, although it was a bugger to get up into the higher truck bed. It was a tipper though so saved on unloading

Latest posts

Back