Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck yeah, that husky is sweet! :lol:.

Give a bloke half an opening...

Gold Coast Hinterland.

I’ve had a lot of trouble burning “red” gum over the years - even when dry it can still split all stringy and not burn the best. We were glad to get a heap of ironbark, although it was a bugger to get up into the higher truck bed. It was a tipper though so saved on unloading

Ironbark :sweet: . Figured you'd be around there somewhere. Cowgirl is from Toowoomba and their climate is not dissimilar to down here in NE Victoria. Stihl need the heating in winter!

Some sunshine today :) View attachment 814077
Still little chilly, 15* this morning. Went over to moms with my son the help him mill some boards for his chicken coopView attachment 814078View attachment 814079Sure nice to be outside running saws, working with wood, with my son, great day!

Handy to have him to move the logs around for you. :) Nice looking boards too, Nate.

A bit chilly here today with a cold front going through and a few flakes on the hills. Forced to light the fire.

View attachment 814087

It's nice to have one's work appreciated :)

What a cool looking stove.

Steel, cast iron, soap stone?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

What a cool looking stove.

Steel, cast iron, soap stone?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Steel with a pewter finish, 3 speed blower. Works well, can take two 12 inch rounds side by side, about 16 inches deep.

As they say, if you need to find the cat, look in the warmest spot.

Back