Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From your neck of the woods Brett. Pretty sure they didn't have any ported saws to cut all them logs for the bridge. :surprised3:
View attachment 815595
Impressive if you ask me. And you know that all of those logs went to mill as soon as they were done hauling timber across the top.

They used to have several temporary railways around my cabin. There are still a few cut through's where they dug out hillsides so the train did not have to go over hills. I will try to get some pics before it leafs out. The one is only a couple hundred yards from the road.

Even 20 years ago you could still find pilings across the swamp.

2b6d93242cd0b1980b11b00862c927b2.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

This is what happens when a woman gets her hands on the stove. Should put a padlock on it!
ff5dae53a42fd8c4c9ddcca0bbe0e15b.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

It was 73 in our house yesterday, and we thought that was nice and toasty. We were burning oak.

Is it the older Oregon stuff, or the new C83/C85 stuff? I haven't monkeys with the new Stuff, but a lot of guys are claiming it's the second coming of christ.
For the prices online I'll stay with stihl chain now that I can grinder sharpen once in a while.
Couple questions.

What’s a fair price for a used 254 that runs good and has good compression, but the top cover is toast? I want to play with my 254 with some porting, adjust the squish, etc. Want a spare of two for parts, just in case LOL!

Also, what do modded mufflers go for? I took the “custom” muffler off the 310 when I gave it to my FIL, and put a stock one back on. I have no use for this 290/310/390 muffler, which I touched up with high temp paint. Just curious, as I have no clue what’s fair to ask.

View attachment 815725View attachment 815726
IMHO Looks like at least a $45 on eBay. Plus shipping of course!

Noodled my last load of White Oak today. The stuff is just too big for my 038. Had to resharpen after quartering each piece. Need to break out a new file; that's part of the problem. Ended up sawing to the center, then using a maul and wedges to get it into quarters. I'm tired.

Attachments

• IMG_9266.JPG
    IMG_9266.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
So you never got it? I just got my 2 gallon set up from east coast 109$ View attachment 815795
Nup it ain't coming. Just have to wait it out until the date ebay set before I can request a refubd. You know, there seems to be a concerted effort by fraudsters on ebay to target epoxy resin sales. Just 10mins ago I was looking at another listing for east coast epoxy kits that was something like $10 for 2 gallons:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EPOXY-RESI...432504?hash=item4daa1bd4f8:g:G4EAAOSw339ehYTl
I guess they try to hoover as much $ from ebay buyers (sold over 500 so far) in the shortest amount of time b4 ebay kicks them off. But ebay is still on the hook for refunding all the sales.

Nup it ain't coming. Just have to wait it out until the date ebay set before I can request a refubd. You know, there seems to be a concerted effort by fraudsters on ebay to target epoxy resin sales. Just 10mins ago I was looking at another listing for east coast epoxy kits that was something like $10 for 2 gallons. I guess they try to hoover as much $ from ebay buyers in the shortest amount of time b4 ebay kicks them off. But ebay is still on the hook for refunding all the sales.
Can I interest you in a 50$ 2020 Cadillac? :laugh: I bought this thru Walmart was dropped shipped from east coast 22$ cheaper than direct from them

I dont buy **** thru Ebay anymore .

Can I interest you in a 50$ 2020 Cadillac? :laugh: I bought this thru Walmart was dropped shipped from east coast 22$ cheaper than direct from them
It's like the national lottery here. Ya know your $ is never coming back but you hope just this once you'll get lucky and the bet will actually pay off.

Going to do my coffee table this weekend. I bought this brand because I can pour 2 inch at a time . I'm pouring 1 and 3/4 inches.
Good luck. That's great to be able to pour that much at a time without worrying about it. That coffee table top I poured recently was one of my biggest hail mary's. Three different epoxy resins, only one of which I had worked with before, and only one hardener for all three. It took nearly 48 hrs to pour the lot and two weeks of sweating on the cure. If only there was a reasonably priced clear epoxy available locally that can handle large pour volumes. Alas, it's all too expensive for me.
I'm still waiting to bump into my mate at the essential food shopping place, to get the remaining few ltrs needed to finish this one off:
awaitingFinalCoat.jpg

Good luck. That's great to be able to pour that much at a time without worrying about it. That coffee table top I poured recently was one of my biggest hail mary's. Three different epoxy resins, only one of which I had worked with before, and only one hardener for all three. It took nearly 48 hrs to pour the lot and two weeks of sweating on the cure. If only there was a reasonably priced clear epoxy available locally that can handle large pour volumes. Alas, it's all too expensive for me.
I'm still waiting to bump into my mate at the essential food shopping place, to get the remaining few ltrs needed to finish this one off:
View attachment 815800
Looks great. I'll post pics this weekend of the coffee table

Latest posts

Back