Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I guess that may sound a bit funny, but I was saying it's a great two saw plan for him ;).
I been selling quite a few lately, and I was thinking about which 70cc saw I would keep if I only could have one; then I realized, that's just not gonna work :laugh:.
So maybe 2 70cc saws from each manufacture, one ported and one stock, yeah, that will work :clap:.
Was it snowing up there today, we had snow come down pretty good a few different times.
Yes, started to stick. More like corn, pellet snow. Getting colder now, with high wind. Blizzard in May.

Well I’m tired.

Split about a cord of aspen this afternoon but geez it was hard work. Really hard splitting stuff (for aspen) from all of trees in this area. Finally resorted to noodling with the 8500 and even then the smaller splits put up a fight.

Going to head to the cabin tomorrow morning, need to scrounge some saw parts and probably split a load of wood.

It is currently raining here, but supposed to turn into snow in the wee hours. We will see.

I put a second coat of Spar Urethane on the Hickory Bench this morning, then had to move it into the garage so it does not get rained on before it dries. (The Mustang is getting a natural wash).

I just was out there checking on it … like it is a recently home newborn … can't wait to give it to my Brother on Monday, I think he will be a little surprised. I also think his other half will really like it also. She is into antiques and stuff, and this is a one of a kind!

Another 3 hours at Jim's clearing stuff off that steep slope. I only need to climb up it one more time to toss some branches down to the fire pile. I left will every thing brushed out and bucked except for one 6' log that was too big from the MS193'T. I didn't want to fight the 362 getting it started for only a few cuts. Still about 6 trees to take out but they are all at the foot of the slope.

One stupidity took both of us out. Very small (6") locust that wanted to fall on the fence. Jim was sure he could push it over to keep it off the fence. Nope, it went towards the fence putting hm on the ground and the butt fell on top of me - I was already on the ground. No injuries excdept perhaps a few bruises.

Last weekend I was predicting I'd need to put the mowing deck on the tractor....I was wrong.
ee511ac2b641eb7b98e10542294211fd.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I guess that may sound a bit funny, but I was saying it's a great two saw plan for him ;).
I been selling quite a few lately, and I was thinking about which 70cc saw I would keep if I only could have one; then I realized, that's just not gonna work :laugh:.
So maybe 2 70cc saws from each manufacture, one ported and one stock, yeah, that will work :clap:.
Was it snowing up there today, we had snow come down pretty good a few different times.
There's a 67cc Solo over in your neck of the woods for $50.
Yes, started to stick. More like corn, pellet snow. Getting colder now, with high wind. Blizzard in May.
Shoot! I debated pulling the boat out before heading south but thought "it's May, summer is just around the corner! ".

I think you may be on to something. With so many people being off work, there's a lot of woodpiles around here cut, split and stacked ready for winter that you usually don't see done until the week before deer season.
Yep, yards are beautified and cars are clean moreso than ever

Well still not sure what we’re goin to use them for but looks good sitting there.
Looks nice!

EDIT: Just saw this Grizzly saw mill. When I first read the description I THOUGHT it said that it was electric, like a large bandsaw used in a cabinet shop. Thought that might make a nice mill 'in-between' chainsaw and larger, trailer mounted ones. But it is powered by a 13.5 HP gas motor, and is 800 pounds; not exactly portable without some assistance. Sorry for any confusion.

Screen shot 2020-05-09 at 2.18.28 PM.png
https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly-28-Portable-Sawmill/G0901
Philbert

Back