Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well , the "Pinto Chick" from down home got a lot of wood in her wagon when she folded down the seats , she really liked to get lots of wood , she liked hardwood , not softwood ...

So.….she knocked back the big spruce when you offered it, then? :laughing:

Don't think it's blood red sap anymore, just part of the heart. This is the only one I cut today with it and not a very good example but when there's lots of it and really vivid, it's quite surreal. I wonder what a bowl turned from this wood would look like.
Year's ago on another forum, there was a guy who would harvest FBE logs from a patch of his woods that was loaded with red. He sold blanks on the forum and you should have seen completed projects from his wood.

Don't think it's blood red sap anymore, just part of the heart. This is the only one I cut today with it and not a very good example but when there's lots of it and really vivid, it's quite surreal. I wonder what a bowl turned from this wood would look like.
View attachment 826022
Looks just like our box elder which is a relatively soft member of the maple family.
Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 8.21.23 AM.png

Looks just like our box elder which is a relatively soft member of the maple family.
View attachment 826076
they are down another boundary line too. That neighbour had horses in that paddock. I've just read the boxelder seeds can kill horses. she doesn't like us. I thought it was just another stereotypical crazy horse lady, but she might have a point.

I had three eagle wagons over the years was actually a good vehicle the only weakness I had the carbs were very temperamental. Then went to jeep cherokees . 242 six with fuel injection pretty much bullit proof still se ones on the road almost every day. Guess the compo was good as Chrysler kept it till the demise of a XJ in 2001 . The 4.0 lasted untill 2006 in jeeps

A local non-firewood guy had a couple trees come down over his well pump. This doesn't include what we blocked up when it happened to give him his driveway access back. I still have a few good size limbs to add to the pile. It's oak and two pines...my boiler doesn't care. For comparison the larger oak on the left is 7.5' long and 25-27" diameter.IMG_20200507_154424747.jpg

Shea

New saw? Looks VERY clean!

Philbert
Had that one for quite a while. I don't run it very often, but I highly recommend them for a smallish saw, great quality for the price. They are a bit heavy for a 40cc saw, but they cut a bit above their class.
I need to get it and my 241 out and take them for a spin. The 2171(it's not as pretty) has been getting some abuse, I mean use, doing some stumps with it.
Took all the safety ramps(shark fins lol) off one of the Home Depot rental 20x3/8 semi chisel chains that was in the 5 gallon bucket I have. They aren't real fast, but I filed it up nicely and took the rakers down quite a bit. I used a .025 gauge and then gave them 5 more strokes since the shark fin removal left the top of the links uneven. I didn't want to remove the chain from the saw to put them on the raker grinder, but once I got about half way thru I wished I had :yes:.

A week of cutting up some deadfall ash and trying to not step on any mushrooms. We scrounged around 50 this year.
Nice.
Haven't seen any yet, but another member found some in Walker, but they were all pretty small yet.
I like that 2 saw combo you got there too :rock:.

You and a two saw combo!:laughing:
Yeah, I guess that may sound a bit funny, but I was saying it's a great two saw plan for him ;).
I been selling quite a few lately, and I was thinking about which 70cc saw I would keep if I only could have one; then I realized, that's just not gonna work :laugh:.
So maybe 2 70cc saws from each manufacture, one ported and one stock, yeah, that will work :clap:.
Was it snowing up there today, we had snow come down pretty good a few different times.

Latest posts

Back