Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put an ad on face book and craigslist for tree companies a place to drop off their wood. I offer to accept large rounds because I have a 3 foot splitter that goes on my Bobcat. I take pine and hardwood. I get a lot of wood from 3 different companies. Even sold some because I have some much and do not want it to rot before use. Good Luck
Welcome to AS. Quite a few guys from MI here. Just watch put for that @chipper1 guy. :buttkick:

Drinking coffee at the moment. My 15yo son starts his first job at the grocery store today. I’m proud of him and it will give him life skills as well as some much needed socialization during this time. I’ll give him a ride over there then I’m going to head to the cabin for some serious cleaning.

Mine are the fiskars, 13” I think? You can use them on bigger rounds thoughView attachment 830187
I’m pretty happy with them. Sounds like the Husqvarna ones are good too and they are little bigger.
Good thing those are Fir rounds and not oak. :crazy2:

A strong winch is worth it's weight in gold. Takes the FEL to put this one on & take it off.
Bought a portable 1 ton Champion yesterday for little stuff. A little concerned with the duty cycle but I don't work very hard any more ;)
View attachment 830250
I need details on this. Custom I'm assuming?

I have the same bumper. Originally I was trying to think of a way to put a 10k or 12.5k one behind the bumper, but your setup looks more practical.

Drinking coffee at the moment. My 15yo son starts his first job at the grocery store today. I’m proud of him and it will give him life skills as well as some much needed socialization during this time. I’ll give him a ride over there then I’m going to head to the cabin for some serious cleaning.

Our boys are the same age. Mine has too many chores on the farm to get a part-time job yet (plus we live 20+ minutes from town).

Cheers on the coffee, mine has raw honey, raw cream, and a touch of Bulleit Bourbon this morning ;)

Our boys are the same age. Mine has too many chores on the farm to get a part-time job yet (plus we live 20+ minutes from town).

Cheers on the coffee, mine has raw honey, raw cream, and a touch of Bulleit Bourbon this morning ;)
I love whiskey in coffee but it tends to make me lose interest in my projects!! I’ll probably crack a beer before noon though.

We are hoping to get my 14 YO hired there as well but they just hired a bunch of HS kids starting with the oldest. So once a few of them quit I’d bet he’ll get the call too

I love whiskey in coffee but it tends to make me lose interest in my projects!! I’ll probably crack a beer before noon though.

We are hoping to get my 14 YO hired there as well but they just hired a bunch of HS kids starting with the oldest. So once a few of them quit I’d bet he’ll get the call too

I'm not a fan of Bulleit Bourbon neat, as it has a lot of spice. But, it's heaven in coffee. I don't put much, just enough for favor.

I'm not a fan of Bulleit Bourbon neat, as it has a lot of spice. But, it's heaven in coffee. I don't put much, just enough for favor.
I hear you. I like Jameson in coffee but I’d never drink it straight.

I haven’t drank much whisky/whiskey in the last few years but toward the end of my whiskey days I was using Beam for any mixes and Knob Creek when sipping. Try Beam in a Bloody Mary and you’ll never go back to vodka.

Latest posts

Back