Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Monster Maul that I broke and had repaired was the Original Sotz maul, orange in color. I also had a Lady Monster that was half the weight of the full sized one. I was making about 25 cord every winter and it was all hand split, very little the monster wouldn't split. I did have one of the red imitation ones with the rubber grip handle that I used when the original was in for repairs. I still have them as well as a monster with a 20# head that I never used. I'll have to line them up for a photo.

I'll guess MS 461.
It's funny Mike because you were the first person i thought of when I got this saw. I think you've graduated beyond this saw now. It's wearing a 25" bar and it's a fair amount heavier than what I usually run - I wouldn't want to do a bunch of limbing with it, that's for sure. I will probably try a bit more freehand milling with it though. FIL bought it new 7 or 8 years ago? Maybe more even. It's been sitting in his barn for at least a couple years. I'll post more when I clean it up and tackle the larger tree service logs I have left, a few approaching 30". Anyway, here it is:
20200717_064003.jpg

TGIF scroungers. Have been absent as of late, been slammed with hay and straw making. Haven't run a saw in weeks, too dang hot!

I hope y'all are doing well!
I don't know which is worse Maud. Baling or running a saw when it's this friggin hot.:dumb2:

Well started a new trail head. Man it is hot out. [emoji27][emoji27]

c9a8cae7bb971a947683fb05f55bf049.mov

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Dan, I'm sorry I didn't get a pic. I was mowing my MIL's lawn when I heard this loud noise. Kind of like when the wind precedes a big storm. Looked up and a mini van was coming down the road with the rear hatch up. It had a root ball in the back that must have just cleared all the way around by an inch or so, and 30 feet of dead Cedar dragging on the road.

Latest posts

Back