Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw, My whooping the other day was because I got a new job, very very excited. Big promotion and pay rise, and a REALLY good job to do. Moving on an up from the **** of being interviewed for my own job an outed back in December, so relieved, and very excited!
I'm glad you explained that! I was thinking in 9 months you would be telling us about the new baby.

All the work I put into my new garden wagon, I started looking for a heavy tarp to keep the UV rays off the finish. Since they came out with those cheap plastic tarps you cant find a real canvas tarp. Or, at least it's hard. At the last minute I had a brain storm, get a custom made one for $30 at Home Depot. A Dumpster in a Bag works perfect.
xY8lA5r.jpg

KapN52T.jpg

I might have posted a week or so back that my wife got abducted by aliens. I was working on my dump trailer. The hydraulic reservoir cracked. This impostor ask how old the trailer was. I said 15 this year. Then she said, "quit putting money in that one and go buy a new one". Then as she was walking away she added, "and make sure it's long enough for the whole tractor to fit in and close the gate". So, I just ordered a new dual axle with landscape drive on gate. Same brand as my last one, Pequea. I looked at Cam Superliners and Surtrac, they both looked nice but they just don't have the extra's the Pequea has. The new one is being build right now and will be ready in 3 weeks. I could have gotten one off the lot but I'm having this one customized a little. The landscape gate has higher gate supports for the 5' gate. The standard gate is a 24", two way tailgate. I'm having the tall supports put on, and an extra set of hinges added for the 24" tail gate. The drive on ramp is over 100 pounds and is a pain to take on and off if dumping wood. With the little tail gate you can carry it under one arm. The old one was 5k GVW, the new one is 10K.

That's a great idea. I made a garden wagon out of the undercarriage of a old (late 1930's) Westinghouse engine drive welder. It is super heavy duty with grease zerks everywhere
I pull it with my Kubota RTV or tractor

6734d5ef972aa53e35a984f01a7f4fb3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While on the subject of trailers, some one asked how many I had? Said 4. They said that's too many, you only need 1. I asked if they played golf and they said yes. I asked if they could play with one club, and they said no. I'm not in business, or construction or anything like that, but I just don't see how I can get by with less than 4.
7e4xLjF.jpg

That's a great idea. I made a garden wagon out of the undercarriage of a old (late 1930's) Westinghouse engine drive welder. It is super heavy duty with grease zerks everywhere

I like that. I had the running gear from my Dad's old Bean Spray rig and was always saying I was going to put a deck on it and use it for firewood because it was so heavy. Always never got hear and I broke down and sold it.

That is a great analogy Joe.

My wife and I certainly do not agree all of the time on things but she never harasses me on gun/tools/saws etc. I have friends who literally cannot spend a dollar on something without permission.

My friend broke one of his reels a few years back. Since they were "saving for a house" he was not allowed to buy a new one. So he brings it on our fishing trip and it was all taped together and only partially functional. I just shook my head. Needless to say he had driven five hours and we spend hundreds of dollars on stuff for the trip which was fine with her, but apparently a new reel was an unnecessary luxury. We could have eaten mac n cheese instead of steak one night and covered the cost of the reel... But they usually went to the bar 1-2 nights a week which was of course fine in her eyes despite each outing costing many times the cost of a decent spinning reel......

I don’t think your friend’s marriage is a partnership. I feel sorry for him, but evidently that’s what he wants. I think a marriage is co-equals and one should not dominate the other. But what do I know, just been married for 43 years to the same one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's sweet!
All the work I put into my new garden wagon, I started looking for a heavy tarp to keep the UV rays off the finish. Ssince theeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy came out with those cheap plastic tarps you cant find a real canvas tarp. Or, at least it's hard. At the last minute I had a brain storm, get a custom made one for $30 at Home Depot. A Dumpster in a Bag works perfect.
xY8lA5r.jpg

KapN52T.jpg
Perfect solution, next time don't make it so nice lol.
Look forward to seeing the new trailer, my 16' with a 4 ft gate is like pulling a parachute behind, people don't believe me though. I can see it live on the excursion with the fuel economy lie-o-meter, I can pull my 20' without a gate loaded and get way better economy than the 16' empty. The next one I get will have a gate that can fold into the trailer, I can get one for 3k brand new just like I have, which is a PJ so a bit better than the bottom of the barrel, but certainly not the best. One of the things I like on a trailer that most do not have is a good rub rail to use for securement.
I like the idea of a 10k trailer in a 20 footer, that would serve me well, a nice one here is about $4200 new, if I find a nice one for 2500 I'll grab it up.

While on the subject of trailers, some one asked how many I had? Said 4. They said that's too many, you only need 1. I asked if they played golf and they said yes. I asked if they could play with one club, and they said no. I'm not in business, or construction or anything like that, but I just don't see how I can get by with less than 4.
7e4xLjF.jpg
Pretty sure I count 6, your gonna get the boat off the neighbor, right :p.

All the work I put into my new garden wagon, I started looking for a heavy tarp to keep the UV rays off the finish. Since they came out with those cheap plastic tarps you cant find a real canvas tarp. Or, at least it's hard. At the last minute I had a brain storm, get a custom made one for $30 at Home Depot. A Dumpster in a Bag works perfect.
xY8lA5r.jpg

KapN52T.jpg

You should pick up another one and cover up the car you're using for a work bench.

That's sweet!

Perfect solution, next time don't make it so nice lol.
Look forward to seeing the new trailer, my 16' with a 4 ft gate is like pulling a parachute behind, people don't believe me though. I can see it live on the excursion with the fuel economy lie-o-meter, I can pull my 20' without a gate loaded and get way better economy than the 16' empty. The next one I get will have a gate that can fold into the trailer, I can get one for 3k brand new just like I have, which is a PJ so a bit better than the bottom of the barrel, but certainly not the best. One of the things I like on a trailer that most do not have is a good rub rail to use for securement.
I like the idea of a 10k trailer in a 20 footer, that would serve me well, a nice one here is about $4200 new, if I find a nice one for 2500 I'll grab it up.

Maybe it's time for a "show me your trailer" thread?

Maybe it's time for a "show me your trailer" thread?
Yours is bigger lol.
I just started dumping wood on my 16', probably 1/6 of a cord, hope to get it loaded and ready to go with a cord for delivery before the weekend.
You been staying busy.
I'm "watching for a job", that means that if one comes to me I may take it, I'll be actively searching shortly for something that keeps me in Mi and home every night and where I don't need to wear a mask...

Just got home from the trailer store. Funny how each little thing is another $500. I started at $5800 plus title, tax and tags. Ended up at $7900 out the door.

As for the work bench Cuda? She said get it in the shop by the end of the year. Since they only built 64 like that one, and only 12 are left known to exist, I want it done right. We have an ex Chrysler drag racer that opened a resto shop when he retired from racing. He said he would like to do my car, even though he mostly restores 60'sand 70's drag cars.

Am I in the right thread:lol: .
Carry on gents, I do find it interesting :reading:. Maybe some yr I'll use my CSM that my buddy is borrowing right now.

We've got an empty seat for you at the Grand Rapids (Byron Center) yard if you feel like grabbin' gears.

Attachments

• 20200817_202430.jpg
    20200817_202430.jpg
    710.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200817_202423.jpg
    20200817_202423.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 25
We've got an empty seat for you at the Grand Rapids (Byron Center) yard if you feel like grabbin' gears.
Thanks man.
Lots of options out there, just need to see how it plays out.
I've got an idea what I'm going to do, but I just haven't informed the company yet :laugh:.
Good to have options though.

I don’t think your friend’s marriage is a partnership. I feel sorry for him, but evidently that’s what he wants. I think a marriage is co-equals and one should not dominate the other. But what do I know, just been married for 43 years to the same one

Oh man you are so correct.

Marriage is usually not perfect. But his is the furthest from it. There are many reasons that a man could be attracted to a woman and frankly she has ZERO of the possible attributes that I would look for in a partner. ZERO!! He was my best man 15 years ago and at this point I haven't spoken to him in two years and frankly I doubt we will ever do anything with them as a couple ever again. And since he chooses to stay miserable, I am not interested in being a part of that. I tried to keep that friendship up for years and eventually gave up when she would continually ruin any plans I had with him/them.

I’m sorry to hear if your friend’s situation but he is not alone in his suffering. I think some men look for a replacement mom in their lives. One the will tell them what to do in every aspect of their life, even how to dress. I truly feel sorry for them

Latest posts

Back