Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it from a "secret source" that those MS460 "Door Buster" jugs had porting changes that were suggested by a forum member.

I built 2 saws with them (a 440 Hybrid and this 460) and both owners love em and have not had any problems with them.

I purchased several of them, and still have a few. Some look better than others, consistency is not a strong suit with Chinese AM parts!

That said, the porting generally looks good, especially the transfers, which (IMO) is the hardest area to improve. I often used other jugs because I believed the plating was better on the other jugs, but the HL jugs I've used have not failed so … time will tell!

Noice!! Looks like the same one my buddy has on his B2920.
Thanks. They aren't a Howard, but for a guy to do a bunch of smaller gardens a yr they are great. They are pretty smooth in pre-broke ground, I'll be trying it at a buddies on sod, that may be a little rougher lol.
That’s a BIG rototiller!

Philbert
Its only a 48", with a 29hp engine and a hydro trans I don't think I'll have a problem turning it. I had the same one in a 5' I ran on my L3800, which is 38hp with a hydro trans and it had no problem unless you were in soaking wet clay :surprised3:.
Whats funny is I don't have a garden :).

I swear the new front end on the chevys was designed by the Pontiac Aztec design guy. Ugliest truck made currently!
I drive a 96 Chevy 1500 i will stick to it over the new Chevy's. My friend bought one with the 5.3 and he told me it holds 9 quarts of oil! and my answer is why? the old 5.3's didn't hold that much.

I drive a 96 Chevy 1500 i will stick to it over the new Chevy's. My friend bought one with the 5.3 and he told me it holds 9 quarts of oil! and my answer is why? the old 5.3's didn't hold that much.
My buddy has a 96 2500 with the 350, I like it but it’s only 2wd. My trucks and tractors have to be 4x4 lol. He was upset when I had to pull him out of my backyard with my 4Runner. I didn’t know his truck was 2wd, his trailer tire was in a rut and he couldn’t move.

More oil, lower operating temp and extended oil change intervals would be my guess.

My buddy got a new Chevy 2500 and it's a sharp truck, and I'm a diehard Ford man.

That said, I wouldn't buy a new one from either. Emissions and Aluminum body panels have ruined today's trucks.

I'll stick with clean examples made prior to 1998. Edit: the only exception would be an Excursion, love those!!

The excursion is definitely cool but iv never been an SUV guy.

But I also dont have enough friends to fill one[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

But I also dont have enough friends to fill one
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
Probably because you always give them that wood with all the blue/grey spots in it :lol:.

Sometimes, you need to take a break from filing chains . . .

View attachment 870230

Philbert
I've been telling myself to do that for 30 years...never have. It's more fun to sort through a batch of wedges looking for one that at least has some semblance of an edge.

No deer today, but saw a herd of 8-10 as I was leaving my spot. 6 hours in one spot made for one cold Muad.

Was frustrated because I saw three nice doe about 200-250 yards away on the neighbor's property (edge of the woods along a field). I watched them for over an hour, hoping they were coming into my feeder. No dice.

Oh well, at least I saw deer.

No deer today, but saw a herd of 8-10 as I was leaving my spot. 6 hours in one spot made for one cold Muad.

Was frustrated because I saw three nice doe about 200-250 yards away on the neighbor's property (edge of the woods along a field). I watched them for over an hour, hoping they were coming into my feeder. No dice.

Oh well, at least I saw deer.
Crossbow with a reel :p.
Or you could just use the crossbow for setting lines in trees, fun either way, but you won't get in trouble for pulling a deer from your neighbors property onto yours lol.

Back