Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy has a 96 2500 with the 350, I like it but it’s only 2wd. My trucks and tractors have to be 4x4 lol. He was upset when I had to pull him out of my backyard with my 4Runner. I didn’t know his truck was 2wd, his trailer tire was in a rut and he couldn’t move.

More oil, lower operating temp and extended oil change intervals would be my guess.
I change mine every 10,000 miles but i run schaeffer's oil in my truck.

Chipper, I used to do a few lawns with my Kubota 5' tiller. I removed the rear flap and added a stone tine to it. What this does is any rocks spun off hit the tines and fall directly down into the bottom of the tilled hole, the topsoil then hit the tines busting it up and the fines go between the tines and cover everything up. This creates a nice fluffy tilling job. Here is a picture of the type of stone tine I used. I'll try to take a picture when I'm home this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20170628_200234.jpg
    IMG_20170628_200234.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
I also bought an early Christmas present for my wife. She was so thrilled to see it when we picked it up at the auction. She was equally impressed by the other 3 pieces that we picked up too. I'm all out of ideas for her birthday in April, some women are just so hard to shop for. I thought she might like some of these rollers but I might just have to buy a couple piles for myself. The rake is 66" wide. I had a big heavy 72" one with double grapple but it was just so heavy and too wide to be handy so I sold it. This one is a lighter one and I might add a single grapple arm to it this winter.

Attachments

• 20201130_184233.jpg
    20201130_184233.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20201130_153317.jpg
    20201130_153317.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
@muad Got another pic for you
View attachment 871633

I stopped and got another load last night, didnt think about getting a picture till I was home and it was dark by then.

She's a beauty, I'm surprised to see those rear hub caps, I rarely see those in tact anymore. In fact my truck is missing them, but they were gone when I bought it. I would love to get me a set.

I'll snap a picture of mine here in a bit

Had been burning poplar and a little sycamore the tree company dropped this year, just to start off the season. Last night was in the 20’s so I put in a couple small splits of seasoned white oak. Stove hit 700 degrees in about 15 minutes, well I guess I cleaned out the chimney real good. Gonna have to learn how to operate my stove a little better with the drier wood I guess.
51847bea7df4b2a9ab76ddbb8856a1fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had been burning poplar and a little sycamore the tree company dropped this year, just to start off the season. Last night was in the 20’s so I put in a couple small splits of seasoned white oak. Stove hit 700 degrees in about 15 minutes, well I guess I cleaned out the chimney real good. Gonna have to learn how to operate my stove a little better with the drier wood I guess.
51847bea7df4b2a9ab76ddbb8856a1fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might wanna also look at where you're placing your temperature gauge. If my memory serves me correct that's a pipe temperature gauge which is made to be put 12 inches above the stove on the actual exhaust pipe. So what I'm saying is it may show you're in the "red" but really you are still at safe temps because of where it's located on the stove.

I've never had the pleasure of burning white oak.

Not much rust for a salt belt truck.
Oddly enough it was a plow truck for a landscaping company before I got it. They took really good care of it. 191k on the clock and its given me very little trouble. Once the weather gets nice this spring it's getting re treated with a rust converter, then under coated. I have every intention of passing it on to one of my kids. Just did full stainless exhaust, banks long tube headers as well.

No deer today, but saw a herd of 8-10 as I was leaving my spot. 6 hours in one spot made for one cold Muad.

Was frustrated because I saw three nice doe about 200-250 yards away on the neighbor's property (edge of the woods along a field). I watched them for over an hour, hoping they were coming into my feeder. No dice.

Oh well, at least I saw deer.
Blew my chance on a monster 9 pt yesterday, Under estimated the distance and shot under him. :dumb2: Prolly the offspring of this one i got 4 years ago.Back at it shortly.
20161112_103414_resized.jpg

Latest posts

Back