Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hanging at my buddy’s house last night. He’s a badass elevator mechanic during the week and a pro tree guy on the weekends. Burning white oak in a burn barrel, cooking oysters on 1/4” steel plate. Drinking beers, eating oysters redneck/elevator man style haha.

Even the delivery driver (won’t say which service) grabbed a beer, He knew us fools wouldn’t report him. Good stuff!C4D441F9-92C8-43C9-AC50-9EF161FFDBA7.jpeg

I should probably get the 462 out and give it a spin
Not much not to like about them. The weight of a 60 cc saw, power rated the same as 77 cc saws (and they exceed that amount on the dyno), (plus they get a good deal stronger with breakin), instant throttle response, spring AV, clean air filter tech and M Tronic! Just don't flood it, and you'll be fine!

The only knock on it is that it may not balance long bars as well as some heavier powerheads of the same displacement/power. So, I recommend putting a light bar on it. Mine have 20" and 24" bars on them and they are my "go to" saws. Mine are also both ported, so they are little beasts!

Cutting it awful close aren't you? Good thing you have a Ford, otherwise I'm not sure you could get it home in time to put the lights on.
It didn’t have any side lean so wasn’t too worried about it. If I would left more hinge wood someone would say look at all that fiber pull! Lol. Is this better?E9D0D338-A1A9-40C9-BCC5-B0BF49DA2926.jpeg
Well it’s not a Ford but I guess KW and Ford are about the same 69BA0448-2070-4A86-89F0-62604F464F6D.jpeg
Not too many limbs left to hang lights on but it hauled it pretty good, at least as good as a Ford.

I heard some Europeans say they do that, but not here in the U.S..
Around me they log summer fall and winter. Not much in the spring because most is done on private tracts and they don't want things rutted up. I do see loads of pulp wood going by in the summer to the paper mill but most of that is coming off of public/state land.

It didn’t have any side lean so wasn’t too worried about it. If I would left more hinge wood someone would say look at all that fiber pull! Lol. Is this better?

I was trying to admire your stump handywork but my eyes were blinded before I could fully appreciate it. If you could blur out that orange thing or at least white out part of it then I could congratulate you on a job well done.

When will your logging shut down? Our local loggers run down the mountain before the first snowstorm, and we don’t see them again until the snow is gone in late spring or early summer.
Normally when the mills get full or it starts getting muddy, whichever comes first. This year end of this month, mills have already told the bigger outfits to just haul what they have decked up. With all the bug kill and prices being high mill yards filled up early. Normally they go until around February. The firewood logger I work for some goes pretty much year around.

I was trying to admire your stump handywork but my eyes were blinded before I could fully appreciate it. If you could blur out that orange thing or at least white out part of it then I could congratulate you on a job well done.
That better?? 688FB38B-D855-4044-89C9-98509B5EC3C8.jpeg
I don’t have too many pictures with orange and white, it’s a union saw, usually on break. Unlike the all orange working man saw that does most of the work for less money.

I don’t have too pictures with orange and white, it’s a union saw, usually on break. Unlike the all orange working man saw that does most of the work for less money.

I know exactly what you mean. Those others are fun to run. But when it's time to put the wood on the ground, I reach for the orange tool that will get the job done. Then I grab my Echo and start cutting.

All that snow and no pictures of your truck playing in the snow....?

WTF - Over...?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Will this do?IMG-20201217-121045941-HDR.jpg
I think up near my property, they only log in the winter when the ground is frozen.
Dont think your place is to far from me . Loggers work all year round around me

Back