Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s funny, lol. Might not be bad, protein filled snow cone ; )

Well my tax write off/ Christmas present, unicorn saw showed up today, thanks thechainsawguy
View attachment 879694View attachment 879693
462 R Arctic
Should breath well View attachment 879695
High protein lol.
That's a sweet looking saw. You should weigh it before you fuel it.
You better get those gullets, everyone knows you can cut wood with that big ole ledge:lol:.
HOW MUCH LOUDER THAN STOCK NATE? :laugh:
I was thinking he better be careful, he may loose his keys in there lol.
Curious how loud it is though too.

LMAO

I gotta say. That chain sure is fast Brett.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Glad it's working well.
Seems when I get a chain tuned perfect it means I'm gonna hit something :rare2:.
This one does well for dead/frozen wood and bore cutting, but it's a bit slower than others for cutting green wood.

This one needs sharpening, but it's still cutting, it's on the bench now ready for the file.

Nice looking saw Nate, I guess that answers my question regarding how you like the 462!!!

They generally get stronger with a few tanks of break in.

I wish we lived closer, would like to compare mine (w/o front ports, but ported) to yours. I really like how they run!

The original side ports are opened up on mine, and one has addl venting in the side of the front cover (my 2 - 1/4" hole trick).

My old fishing buddy hated pike.He used to say "You catch a pike you're one in the hole".
I think that would cure anyone of liking pike lol.
You coming down this way, we got a couple more inches after my post on Friday, and an inch or two last night, sure the ex-ways are goo to go.
Today will be the third time I've cleared the snow off the spot I'm moving the chicken coop to, I need to make sure I get it moved today :innocent: .

Parts supplier in Toronto opens back up tomorrow, been closed for the holidays since the 24th. I'm heading that way later on this afternoon.
I think that would cure anyone of liking pike lol.
You coming down this way, we got a couple more inches after my post on Friday, and an inch or two last night, sure the ex-ways are goo to go.
Today will be the third time I've cleared the snow off the spot I'm moving the chicken coop to, I need to make sure I get it moved today :innocent: .

Euk! Cold and drizzly here this afternoon. I managed to summon enough get up to grab the wheel barrow and shift some of the Oak I'd split on the front lawn, to the rear garden ready for stacking. I'd got tired of people knocking on my door and asking, 'Do you want that?'. Clearly people think I'd split and stack 1.5 cord against the front of the house, and I'd split the oak they were fishing for, just for fun before giving it away.

How many barrow loads make a cord? I've shifted 15 and my guess is it'll stack to maybe 1m³, a bit under 1/3 cord. Still got almost as much to shift, but much of that is limb wood that still needs bucking.

Euk! Cold and drizzly here this afternoon. I managed to summon enough get up to grab the wheel barrow and shift some of the Oak I'd split on the front lawn, to the rear garden ready for stacking. I'd got tired of people knocking on my door and asking, 'Do you want that?'. Clearly people think I'd split and stack 1.5 cord against the front of the house, and I'd split the oak they were fishing for, just for fun before giving it away.

How many barrow loads make a cord? I've shifted 15 and my guess is it'll stack to maybe 1m³, a bit under 1/3 cord. Still got almost as much to shift, but much of that is limb wood that still needs bucking.
Lol.
No, been trying to get someone to remove it, you pay me 300 and you can move it and help me out :).
Depends on the wheelbarrow loads. I don't know how many myself, just know bucketfuls on my bigger tractor.

My old fishing buddy hated pike.He used to say "You catch a pike you're one in the hole".
I love pike. Other than the texture it’s identical in taste to walleye.

Removing the y-bones takes practice. I pickle the smaller ones (under 3lbs) which dissolves the bones and only filet the larger ones for frying/poaching.

..... I'd got tired of people knocking on my door and asking, 'Do you want that?'. .....
I had a similar thing happen when I was camping once. Had two heaping rows of firewood in my truck and as I was driving by, a couple from a large group stopped me and asked me how much for the wood. They were a little disappointing when I told them it wasn't for sale but for my camp. I had extra and I thought about it, but then I wouldn't do that to the bait shop guy who sells campwood.

High protein lol.
That's a sweet looking saw. You should weigh it before you fuel it.
You better get those gullets, everyone knows you can cut wood with that big ole ledge:lol:.

I was thinking he better be careful, he may loose his keys in there lol.
Curious how loud it is though too.
462 R Arctic never fueled C9FDC3AD-6F93-4A62-A1F1-F750954DDCAC.jpeg
572 xpgw fuel drainedCF63FD0F-2ED8-4328-B910-429AA6FBA6E5.jpeg

Latest posts

Back