Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You routinely mow all that grass with just a riding mower? I guy you said it property and not your home, so I guess you don't want to risk someone breaking in and stealing something better. No disrespect to the JD.

You picked up a 075 for $20? How trashed was it?
I have a Massey Ferguson 135 up there that I pull a 6 foot bush hog with. I was grading my driveway with a 9 foot grader blade and a piece of clutch linkage broke, so the field started getting over grown. Last spring I took my 20HP diesel FEL up, and it pulled the 6 ' bush hog fine, and about half way through the field, it blew a radiator hose. The little 265 is really just for the front yard, right in front of the old trailer, and the rifle range. I also have a JD X500 and an X540. If i really start to run out of mowers, I can take the Snapper pro, 52" walk behind with a Velke on it. It's about 7 acres in the field. The walk behind would get it, but the bigger tractors are more fun to play with. I only mowed about half an hour yesterday. I don't like to let stuff set too long if I don't have to.

Well, the top cover has rivets holding the cracks together, the handle has rivets in it, and it's locked up. I've bought 19 saws from this guy for 10-20 bucks each. Except the first one. He sold me a running Homelite Super 1050 with a full wrap bar on it for $40. I'm into big saws and all but one were over 70CC's and 10 were over 90CC's. Right now I have a Mac 7-10 on the bench, I just got the parts to put it back together, then a Pioneer 700, 106CC's is next, then a Homelite 770 gear drive. That will probably take me the rest of the year. OH, the only way I know it's an 075 is the guys on the chainsaw forum said that the manual oiler button on the front gives it away as an 075. Otherwise, I have no idea what it is.

fk4iWtx.jpg

duNQmh9.jpg

I’ll let you know, will be hard to pass up, Egan ported and he’s installing a unlimited coil, I might actually be able to tune it now, lol.
Yeah most of the time it pops with one hit. Red fir can be very dense too, the high elevation lodge pole is usually more dense and will actually hold a fire longer, at least here anyway.

Anyone want to come drive fuel truck in Idaho? Must be too much tax payer funded stimulus money, aid, welfare going around. Haven’t had anyone interested in the job yet.
The 7910 in that video has the 272 coil, I keep it tuned around 14.4k, my 7900 has a limited coil, I have no idea where it's tuned, I just run it :p.
That's nice it splits like that. The black locust will split on the second hit most times, but you have to hit very close to the exact same spot or it's like a brand new strike, that's where the fiscars shines, it's much easier to swing it fast and accurately.

Sounds fun, do they have any mountains there, does that require an MNT endorsement:laughing:. Guessing one would need a hazmat endorsement. How many extra rooms do you have, I'd bring the excursion to sleep in, but I wouldn't think it would do too well with only 2wd :cry: . I just moved it around yesterday a bit here in the snow with the single axle 14' trailer, it did pretty good with the Michelin XLT(iirc) tires, which are more for the highway than anything. The only thing is that was on mostly flat ground in about 5-6" of snow lol.

Funny story. I saw this saw on FB marketplace yesterday for $40. I messaged the guy and he says I’m 3rd in line. I don’t normally do this but I asked if I could be first in line if I gave him $100.

A few hours later he messages me and said the first two dudes were no shows and the saw is mine for $40. Done

E91B5787-EDB7-4809-84B4-4A717D0FB486.jpeg

To make things even better, I’ve got a 77 cc parts saw coming from Rupedoggy so I’ll put that P+C on here after a vacuum test. Then just need to scrounge a 77 cc top cover.

Funny story. I saw this saw on FB marketplace yesterday for $40. I messaged the guy and he says I’m 3rd in line. I don’t normally do this but I asked if I could be first in line if I gave him $100.

A few hours later he messages me and said the first two dudes were no shows and the saw is mine for $40. Done

View attachment 885291

To make things even better, I’ve got a 77 cc parts saw coming from Rupedoggy so I’ll put that P+C on here after a vacuum test. Then just need to scrounge a 77 cc top cover.
Sweet.
I bet you could get 40 for that bar cover :popcorn2:.

The 7910 in that video has the 272 coil, I keep it tuned around 14.4k, my 7900 has a limited coil, I have no idea where it's tuned, I just run it :p.
That's nice it splits like that. The black locust will split on the second hit most times, but you have to hit very close to the exact same spot or it's like a brand new strike, that's where the fiscars shines, it's much easier to swing it fast and accurately.

Sounds fun, do they have any mountains there, does that require an MNT endorsement:laughing:. Guessing one would need a hazmat endorsement. How many extra rooms do you have, I'd bring the excursion to sleep in, but I wouldn't think it would do too well with only 2wd :cry: . I just moved it around yesterday a bit here in the snow with the single axle 14' trailer, it did pretty good with the Michelin XLT(iirc) tires, which are more for the highway than anything. The only thing is that was on mostly flat ground in about 5-6" of snow lol.
You bet got an extra “room” space to park your excursion, come on over. No worry no mountains here, it’s all flat ; )

You bet got an extra “room” space to park your excursion, come on over. No worry no mountains here, it’s all flat ; )

That's funny, at least there's enough room to make the turn lol.
I've been stuck where I set up to make the turn and once I tried to get around the turn I realized it wasn't happening, so I was going to back right up in my tracks(snow), this was with a set of doubles, needless to say they didn't back in their tracks :oops:. I ended up dropping the trailers, rehooking to them at a different angle, then dropping the pup trailer and pulling the lead trailer out, then I dropped the lead and went back for the pup, then dropped the pup, hooked to the lead, then hooked the pup to the lead :dizzy:. It was very serious though, if I didn't do it just right I could have dropped off a 3-4' embankment:laughing:.
So do you even need a license to drive out there :laugh:.

But don't you just love listening to the high priced weather people and their poor weather forecast turns out wrong? Been there done that too many times. Wasted days. I want their jobs.
I n ever pay any attention to th3e tv weather guys. I have a weather rock that has never been wrong. If its wet, it raining. If its dry, the sun is shining. If its white, its snowing. If its rocking, the wind is blowing. If its gone, hit the shelter, its either a tornado or hurricane. 100% accurate

Well, I know my 40th is a few months away, but when a deal comes your way you use any excuse to tell the wife.

The ammo can is full of balls, bullets, caps, powder and patches.

T/C Hawken .50, anyone ever try the pellets in a traditional percussion cap gun?

Attachments

• 5B373414-4C17-451D-88D3-1DB2E0F00DF4.jpeg
    5B373414-4C17-451D-88D3-1DB2E0F00DF4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
It even came with a sharpened “blade”.
Dang, you made a heck of a deal on that bad boy :rock:.
I was just over to a buddies house, he's kinda pestered me to help his son get a saw going that was my buddies dads and is now his sons. I told him to take it apart and replace anything that wasn't working, he didn't do it lol. It's a lombard ap42, according to acres it's 68cc, and I also found someone on here saying the same and that it's a reed valve engine. He said it was store without fuel and the tank was very clean as was the carb, the fuel lines seemed to be in good condition too, the air filter looked rough though. Added a bit of fuel to the tank, pulled 15 times, nothing, put a few drops into the carb and pulled 10 times, nothing, added more to the carb and another ten tries, then pulled the spark plug which was brand new, we had spark :clap:. I added abit of fuel into the cylinder and went to replace the spark plug, wait look at that, there was a burn mark on the coil wire and it was grounding out on the muffler. Taped it up real quick with some electrical tape and added a little more fuel and reinstalled the spark plug, gave it two pulls and it was running:chainsaw:.
What a beast, she was sure loud, but it didn't rev very high. Not 100% as I've never worked on an old reed valve saw, but it seemed as the reed probably needs to be replaced. It would fire right up after being shut off, but was revving high so the chain was spinning. I tried adjusting the low mix and could smell it was rich, so I leaned it back out and lowered the idle, but it didn't want to run there very well. It revs right up and starts easy, any thoughts guys.

That one at least looks like the sled dog sleds, that have runners about the width of skis. They work best on packed snow, but still will not sink in like those narrow metal runners. I guess that as a kid, we used the wood and metal sleds on popular hills, that were already packed down, and wood toboggans, on deeper snow.

Maybe. pulled behind your Ski-Doo, that sled already has somewhat of a prepared trail?

(You are probably showing me your use for firewooding, and I am still fixated by the sleds!).

Philbert
Yes it’s on a packed trail. You can pull it through powder when unloaded but if it gets too deep the snow will start piling up on the deck of the sled. But if you’ve got a packed trail they pull with almost no effort as the metal skiis get almost glazed with snow. We’ve hauled several hundred pounds of deer feed on this with no problems at all. This one was built under direction of my grandpa so it’s a bit heavy but virtually indestructible. I have another one from my great uncle that is larger but not nearly as heavy duty.

The back is designed so an adult can stand on the back of the skiis and ride. It’s quite comfortable as you can see the bumps encountered by the snowmobile and use your legs to cushion the bumps. My great aunt had a bad back so back when she was alive she’d insist on riding the back of the sleigh.

Latest posts

Back