Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mountainguyed67
I messaged August on YouTube, he referred me to The Chainsaw Guy, I found him on eBay. If it’s the right one.

This is the response. “Hi you have the wrong guy. I don't know much of anything to do with echoes. Thanks”

djg james

djg james

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
-33 right now (true temp). This **** is getting old. And continuous subzero isn’t going to let up until maybe Wednesday now.
Guess I shouldn't complain about it being in the teens and single digits (positive) here for another week. I honestly don't know how you Northerners can stand living there. Of course playing in the Summer is much nicer.

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I like first hand accounts like that, it would mean more to me if it came from a trail worker.
If I knew who was making the account. I’ve let people sway my judgement because there were several of them stroking the item. Turned out they were just Harold Homeowners that knew nothing about equipment. I let people talk me out of buying an 880, said the 660 was plenty saw. I did save a lot of money, and I love my 660, but I should have gotten the 880. That being said, I love every Echo saw I’ve ever owned going back into the 70’s. I expect all of their new offerings are one of the best bangs for the bucks. A review from a trail worker would be worth ten Harolds.

LondonNeil

LondonNeil

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I got behind again! I'll just say my little ms180 is a decent little saw and will pull its picco chain in hardwood with a 14" bar, just don't lean on it, it does ok. It is cheap and it seems robust, I've done 6-7 years of firewood at ~3 cords a year mostly with it. I pick the 365 up for stuff over about 12" though these days. My brother has had his 3 times as long.
I understand the 135 and th small echos are decent too.

MustangMike
If I knew who was making the account. I’ve let people sway my judgement because there were several of them stroking the item. Turned out they were just Harold Homeowners that knew nothing about equipment. I let people talk me out of buying an 880, said the 660 was plenty saw. I did save a lot of money, and I love my 660, but I should have gotten the 880. That being said, I love every Echo saw I’ve ever owned going back into the 70’s. I expect all of their new offerings are one of the best bangs for the bucks. A review from a trail worker would be worth ten Harolds.
Joe,

You need to learn to do some port work. A 660 is far lighter than a 880, and (IMO) both of often lethargic if not properly ported.

My all Asian 660 did 8.6 Hp on the dyno and is a beast. Will easily noodle large Oak rounds, and you can even lean on it some while doing it.

Some of the 066 and 660 improve quite a bit with just a muff mod and timing advance, but cylinder port timing is all over the place.

Backyard Lumberjack
I could make that swap only to a person unfamiliar with the Delicious. The only thing going for it are the looks and keepability. I'm surprised it is still grown. :)

Weather is cold, lows in the mid teens - very unusual for this late in the year. We are getting just the edge of that huge arctic blast.

Yeah that Wawawai orchard and the one a Penewawa were both going businesses back befoe the dam. The one at Penewawa is still there and runs a u-pick every year on just about every fruit that can be grown down there. My 'small locust' scrounge is on the Penewawa road almost all the way down there.
hi tk - why do u say that? i have had many W D apples over the years, always liked them a lot. used to pick them right off the trees on one stop when i had a paper route as a kid... always enjoyed the smell of their orchard... both when it was flowering and also when apples ripe to pick...

interesting to hear your comments on the orchards down by the dam. i knew they had removed them to other spots, but dint know there was still one close by. will have to ck out that road and area. stay warm. cold getting colder here...

1613227544395.png

MechanicMatt

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn

Latest posts