Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think anyone is grumpy. Some here feel they need to prove that they are right (even though there isn’t necessarily a right or a wrong in this situation). And the rest of us are like S T F U already.
If I fanned the flames on this discussion, I apologize. For what it's worth, I won't be getting a vaccine after all since the Johnson & Johnson shot is in the toilet. I will now S T F U about it and go back to drinking beer and repotting tomato seedlings.

If I fanned the flames on this discussion, I apologize. For what it's worth, I won't be getting a vaccine after all since the Johnson & Johnson shot is in the toilet. I will now S T F U about it and go back to drinking beer and repotting tomato seedlings.
It’s all good.

Your body, your choice right!?

See that, the good Lord is looking out for you. You didn't want that blood money anyway.

My neighbor got the shot solely so he could cross the border to go fishing in Canada once things open up. Supposedly many countries are going to require it to enter their borders. (Shrug)
I gotta say SVK, for someone who keeps telling Bret to drop it, you keep bringing it right back up.

It’s absolutely possible for a person to swear and still be perfectly happy. I’m laughing at you guys who seem hell bent on beating the dead horse even further.
Careful when beating a dead horse! My Dad and his brothers we throwing rocks at a dead horse when they were kids. One of his brothers dared him to run over it barefoot. It was summer in the 1920’s, so no one had shoes any way. When Dad jumped up on it a giant fart blew out of it, then three or four opposums ran out of its rear end. Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’ll get?

They certainly are useable firewood but I put together a bonfire each year (apart from last year) for the local Middle Aged Do-Gooder Women's Group of which Cowgirl is secretary and I use them for that. I'll bore you with progress pics when I start construction in a few weeks. Since I don't have heavy equipment it is labour intensive but I'll submit my special 'invoice' to Cowgirl after the event to make it worth my while.
That's pretty cool you do something like that. Thanks for explaining it to me.

My neighbor got the shot solely so he could cross the border to go fishing in Canada once things open up. Supposedly many countries are going to require it to enter their borders. (Shrug)
I was going to skip it, but, my son lives at home, and his job is sending him to Florida and he has to get it to fly. So My daughter made appointments for my wife, son and I for today. The RN was good, never even felt the needle, and I was staining at it. No side effects yet. The family wanted me to get it because I have chronic respiratory problems.

My Grandfather started scooping basements with a team of horses and a scoop when he was 12. Every one called him Manny, because he worked and hung out with the men. He married my Grandmother when he was 16, and she was 20. He told her he was older than her, and since he hung out with all older guys, every one believed him.
Pretty stout generation back them. Even my Dad's generation. Not like the stock America is turning out now.

I gotta say SVK, for someone who keeps telling Bret to drop it, you keep bringing it right back up.

SVK isn’t telling people how to think about it, or trying to push an agenda. Saying someone got the shot so he could go fishing is pretty benign.

Got any pics of all your saws? Want to see the extent of your collection
No...just piles of saws here and there.

I got rid of about 40 saws this spring between donating to Mark’s museum, the school small engine shop, and horse traded away a bunch of small cube non runners.

I’ve contemplated about what is the bare minimum saws one needs? How long does a saw last in your stable? I have 6 and want to thin a bit

I think so long as you have a well functioning, dependable saw, and fires on the first few pulls, it doesn’t matter who’s name is on the side. Just thinking out loud.

Back