Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s what you aren’t getting Brett. When religion came up at the party, nobody else but you were trying to force their opinion. The rest of us are shooting the breeze and you want to beat the dead horse.

What I’m doing here is calling you out for being out of line. Trust me, I’m as tired of this as the rest of the guys are. But as I’ve mentioned before, I won’t be bullied into silence by someone who simply continues to redundantly shout his opinion louder and louder.
So you call me out for my actions, all the while stating yours.
I've told you I don't want to hear about the experimental jabs in a positive light, I'm tired of it. You mention it then I'll do the same and more as there's enough about them being said everywhere else.
Feel free to speak about it all you want, I'm not here to talk about it, but I will, and I will shout it loud.
I'm not bullying, don't say anything and see if I do, but don't be upset when people bring it up and I respond.

So you're selfish too? Or is it everyone here except you?
Most sure are. Look at how people act these days. ME ME ME The hoarding example is a great one. Some dumb ****s hear that there might be a shortage so they buy 3 years worth of toilet paper and 10 years worth of hand sanitizer so people that actually need just enough to get by can't get any.

SVK, that's exactly the sort of treatment I recall. Only issue I ever had with Canadian side was when I entered with my wife and a carful of young kids. The Canadian guy asked me to remove my mirrored sunglasses. (My wife ragged on me about that--didn't you realize that would set them off? Nope, they were what I wore at the time.)

So you call me out for my actions, all the while stating yours.
I've told you I don't want to hear about the experimental jabs in a positive light, I'm tired of it. You mention it then I'll do the same and more as there's enough about them being said everywhere else.
Feel free to speak about it all you want, I'm not here to talk about it, but I will, and I will shout it loud.
I'm not bullying, don't say anything and see if I do, but don't be upset when people bring it up and I respond.
You still are failing to admit that you continue to beat the dead horse.

A guy saying he got the shot is a lot different than going on a tirade every time you want to spin the conversation.

SVK, that's exactly the sort of treatment I recall. Only issue I ever had with Canadian side was when I entered with my wife and a carful of young kids. The Canadian guy asked me to remove my mirrored sunglasses. (My wife ragged on me about that--didn't you realize that would set them off? Nope, they were what I wore at the time.)
I've always been hassled at the border too. I think they have something against Volkswagens??

The funny thing is Brett and I agree on almost all aspects of life but he whipped out the broad brush, painted me as the opposition, and closed his ears the minute he found out that I got the vaccine. I’m still wondering why we must be defined by one life choice.

It’s really too bad.
How did I close my ears, you've stated your not reading, it seems rather the other way around. I have multiple friends who've gotten the jab, they know I'm 100% opposed to it, as well as two neighbors, we all get along great and they come over to the house.
As I've said, but you must not heard, stop talking as though the jabs or taking the experimental drugs are a positive thing, its not proven that its positive and that's what I've been saying.

You still are failing to admit that you continue to beat the dead horse.

A guy saying he got the shot is a lot different than going on a tirade every time you want to spin the conversation.
As are you.
And the more positive you say about it, the more negative I'll say, as there is plenty of negative to report with all the "positive".
I feel the same way about you spinning the jabs as positive.
Keep going though :rare2:.

You are right they are also picky about potatoes and also surprisingly, dry dog food.

My friend had his black lab with him and they were harassing him about his bag of dry dog food. So he said, "I guess I will have to bring my gun next time". Agent: "What for? Friend tells him "so I can shoot a horse to feed my dog". Agent grumbles and lets him proceed with the dog food.

Not that I would recommend being a smart ass to a border rep, but the story is pretty funny as my friend tells it. And his father was a game warden so he is pretty good about pushing the limit but staying short of the line in the sand.

I've always been hassled at the border too. I think they have something against Volkswagens??
Everyone looks suspiciously at VWs and Subarus....didn't you know that? (Kidding of course).

The one thing that may have caused me to be "profiled" (using that word somewhat tongue in cheek): I was 23 years old at the time and was driving a 2 year old Lincoln Town Car. That may have made me look out of place but folks need to remember that rear wheel drive luxury cars plummet in value. That 2 year old car with 40K miles was worth less than a used pickup truck.

It's gray sky, 3" of snow, and 57% humidity here, more chill than we're used to. Been inside almost all day. Able to indulge nostalgia.

Went digging today in my photo drawer for some bicycle stuff (we're having that discussion elsewhere on the site) and came across documentation of one of my finest endeavors. This ewe lost her lamb(s) and the calf had no mother (I bought him at auction). The arrangement in view did not come easy. The calf was plenty willing, the ewe not so much. A few wrestling matches later I made sure he could feed. But she weaned that devil over time.
Wow that's one of the weirdest things I've seen lol. I like that old school pic with the rounded edges. Haven't seen one of those in a long time.
You're starting to get it lol.
I was thinking about that today, how much money it takes to save a few bucks on heating :laugh:.
Here's an example, how many Kubotas does a guy need :oops:. The good thing is they make me money, save my back, and I get to use them for firewood :clap:.

If I load the larger bucket a row above the top of the bucket, it fills the little bucket over the top a bit twice. First time I've used them this way, made it a good bit easier and a little bit quicker.
My one log pile fell down a bit :(.

Found a couple nails, the Oregon EXL chain cut right thru it, then I finished off a file fixing it :cry:.
Black walnut should be called CBW, costly Black Walnut :envy:.

Managed to miss all these nails.
Damn you have some serious equipment, jealous. That is true about spending money to heat lol. The premise of using firewood for heating your house sounds great, a way to save money. Then you get CAD or even worse, hooked on ported saws then all those wood heat "savings" goes out the window lol. I'm getting a solar panel system installed on my roof soon, trying to go as green as possible. Now I'm also dreaming about buying an electric truck when they come out and work all the inevitable kinks out. There goes all the electricity savings blows up the return on investment time.

Everyone looks suspiciously at VWs and Subarus....didn't you know that? (Kidding of course).

The one thing that may have caused me to be "profiled" (using that word somewhat tongue in cheek): I was 23 years old at the time and was driving a 2 year old Lincoln Town Car. That may have made me look out of place but folks need to remember that rear wheel drive luxury cars plummet in value. That 2 year old car with 40K miles was worth less than a used pickup truck.
Those cars are sweet, but unfortunately the registration on them here is a lot more because its based on the vehicles price when sold new.
I liked my 90 Lexus LS400, but it was nearly 200 a yr to plate a yr. I started transferring the plate from my Honda civic that was 76 a yr, it cost 15 to transfer it, 100 bucks is 100 bucks.

How did I close my ears, you've stated your not reading, it seems rather the other way around. I have multiple friends who've gotten the jab, they know I'm 100% opposed to it, as well as two neighbors, we all get along great and they come over to the house.
Your actions in this thread over the past month speak much louder than your words in this post Brett.....You were someone who I felt comfortable talking openly with about any subject but that is definitely no longer the case.

its not proven that its positive
I guess all of the clinical trials were fake news, as well as your president "getting the jab" and urging people to "get the jab".

Back