Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry for egging on... the pavement egg fry thot... ;)

for me, eggs are special. i have a special egg-only fry pan. it is one of the OXO models. won the Am. Test Kitchen's trials. out of 12. really nice pan! only eggs, and only with butter! ~ scrounged these yard eggs couple weeks back. pay what u want, if u want... to was the neighborhood forum post. said $3/doz would be appreciated. i donated $2 for 3 dozen. 2 18-count cartoons. an employee of neighbor's hubby had an excess from his flock. cooler was about half full. i visited with several neighbors... and sold all of them for them, $3/doz +/-... in about an hour. 'really?, sure... i'lll take a dozen! ok, want 3 dozen....' etc. few days later was a post, all eggs gone. neighbor sold them to several other neighbors. haven't seen any more egg offerings. but i can tell you this... they are excellent eggs! no doubt about that. imo, a perfect breakfast for any lumberjack... open field, mountain high... or just a plain 'ol vanilla backyard type.... :yes:
P1010003.JPG
P1010004.JPG

Neighbor called, they need the big dogs, and bars lol. They have a large red oak in the pond out back and the excavator needs to go back so today is the last day to get it out. Sounds like I have a bit more cutting and splitting to do for the for sale pile :happy: .
I'll report back at 5 :thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:.
be careful chipper ~

1618674436401.png

when i cut up firewood... or split it... i always have a wood chip mess to clean up. have several rakes and brooms, etc. even couple blowers. but scrounged up this busted broom other day off an area side street curb... real nice! just busted. thot it mite make a good firewood chips/kerf cleanup broom. so i attempted to fix and mod it some. imo, turned out swell.... a clean sweep for the project, one might say....

P1010019.JPG
modded with polished SS button head fasteners from hot rod project leftover, new fasteners bracket to broom, added cadium plated scrounged broom brace from another broom. even pinned the broken plastic sleeve to stave off any further cracking. a generous amount of epoxy between the two broken parts as a stabilizing buffer. imo, a pretty lil broom, shame to just toss it out... saws, bar lube, fuel, blower and now a dedicated firewood clean up broom! it is very strong now! ~

P1010001.JPGP1010002.JPGP1010005.JPGP1010006.JPGP1010009.JPGP1010012.JPGP1010015.JPGP1010017.JPGP1010019.JPG

modded with SS button head fasteners from hot rod project leftover, new fasteners bracket to broom, added scrounged broom brace from another broom. even pinned the broken plastic sleeve to stave off any further cracking. a generous amount of epoxy between the two broken parts as a stabilizing buffer. imo, a pretty lil broom, shame to just toss it out...
Now that's my kind of fix. Several hours repairing a several dollar part! LOL - guilty as charged your honor. Somehow I always feel better about it than sending it to landfill though. Job well done.

Now that's my kind of fix. Several hours repairing a several dollar part! LOL - guilty as charged your honor. Somehow I always feel better about it than sending it to landfill though. Job well done.
hi H-R... Thanks! that's how i felt about it, too. a lot of hours on a good challenge... for a $10 item. lol :cool: but the challenge was great, and appealing. could i make the weakest parts to be the strongest! for little else would work... seems my shop is a FORD shop... fix it or repair daily... lol

the next morning the QB said something about it... as i was adjusting the new fasteners in the sleeve to align to corrent orientation to the handle... part was in the vise. not sure i heard all she said... something about so much time on a junk, broken item. :rolleyes:

lol, but not broke or junk now.... and it was a fun gig for a rainy afternoon :yes:

:givebeer:

take care, have a great weekend!

I have been trying to chose some common things to compare with, when describing how chips should look. Most people are familiar with food, so my current comment is:

'Your saw chips should look like cole slaw, and not like corn meal. Unless you are noodling, in which case they will look like fettuccine.'

Philbert

I have been trying to chose some common things to compare with, when describing how chips should look. Most people are familiar with food, so my current comment is:

'Your saw chips should look like cole slaw, and not like corn meal. Unless you are noodling, in which case they will look like fettuccine.'

Philbert
When I file up a real juicy chain, it throws chips the size of Fritos:lol:

No wood scrounging lately. After stacking the stuff I cut last fall it looks like we're pretty much all set for this upcoming winter. Work was cancelled for Thursday and Friday so I've wasted the last few days truck shopping. I sold my old rusty Chevy on Thursday so there's no turning back now.

When I file up a real juicy chain, it throws chips the size of Fritos
I originally started with breakfast cereal, but ‘corn flakes’ did not make sense. Someone said something about ‘shredded’ Parmesan cheese, instead of ‘grated’, but lately I’ve been buying mine in quarter rounds!

6CE3E7A2-A387-4909-B76B-0FEC74042044.jpeg

Philbert

Man, that's a bunch of crap! I'm pretty sure those wires hanging by your knee are for a trailer brake controller.
Oh man I hope so. If they are then I was successful lol. I think it took me about 6 hours to get all that wiring out. I was afraid I cut OEM/stock truck wiring since it was all wrapped up with what looks to be factory wiring. Hopefully the truck came from the factory set up for trailer bake controller additions or else I'm kind of screwed. My wife saw all the wires on the ground and was sure the truck wouldn't start lol.

Back