Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you guys think about smartwater? Uncle Mike, you better take it easy on that bike of yours or I'll whip your arse........ you tooo important to the family dynamic.

Never heard of smart water. What makes it smart? Wonder if they're getting it from tap water, I mean a spring? lol.

My brother swears by the stuff, and he can usually out work anyone I know. He does not know what quit time means.

Do a test on him. Find some bottle water that tastes like smart water (supposedly the electrolytes are just added for taste). See if he/you notice a decrease in performance. I may test it on my wife actually.

I've got to hand it to you. One of the few sellers of equipment who actually is a "do-er" also

Thanks Steve. @hamish is another one, so there are a few of us. I'm lucky that an off shoot of my business is a hobby that I really enjoy. That hobby aspect makes me better at what I do and we are "the" saw shop in the area. (plus I can stay busy with saw stuff and let the other guys screw with the lawnmowers lol) Then there's all of the firewood and time in the woods thing that gives me the opportunity to do something useful with the saws. It all fits together pretty good and I recognize that I'm fortunate it works out that way. :)

The amount seems so small as to be almost worthless though. Guess it's better than drinking nothing at all

Anyways, check out this potential scrounge sir:

https://easternshore.craigslist.org/zip/4884157883.html

I've seen this ad for about a while now. Jeez o whiz! Why can't the bastard just cut it himself and burn it in his yard!?
We get those clowns around here too....
http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/zip/4913632132.html
At least offering a small payment for someone to come get it I suppose. :chainsaw:

Nice lol. That's perfect for a little outside fire pit. Kind of amazes me people will pay to have such small branches taken.

we used old have an old russian immigrant rent a house from us.he would walk all over our farm picking up branches to bring back and burn.he would saw them up with an old bow saw.(that i still have). people used to trim their trees and drop the limbs/branches off in the front yard. "Pappy" was the ultimate scrounger. this pic is just what he looked like haulin stuff home.

Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_IV-cdcovers_cc-front.jpg

we used old have an old russian immigrant rent a house from us.he would walk all over our farm picking up branches to bring back and burn.he would saw them up with an old bow saw.(that i still have). people used to trim their trees and drop the limbs/branches off in the front yard. "Pappy" was the ultimate scrounger. this pic is just what he looked like haulin stuff home.

Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_IV-cdcovers_cc-front.jpg

That looks like zogger.

A friend of mine fell victim to the cord/face cord advertising. He needed a little more wood to get through the winter (he's several hours from me otherwise I'd bring him wood). Sees an ad for seasoned oak for $140 a cord. Tells the guy he'll take 4 cords. (I told him there's no way anyone would sell oak that cheap)

You guessed it, guy shows up with 4 FACE cords and it was split in August. He took it as that will tide him through the spring (he's got an OWB so it will burn) but certainly won't be buying any more from this dude.
I'm taking one of these types to court.

He and I agreed on $100 per full cord in logs. I would cut, split, stack and measure. So I bought 3 cords in the first load which turned out to be 2 face shy of 3 full. Called him up to inform him and told him I want another 3 full cord as well. Paid him another $300 for the second load and that one ended up being 1 full cord shy of 3. After the first load in invited him out to measure the stack so he could verify. Did the same thing after processing the second load.......

Never heard back from him. He owes me 5 face cord. It took 5 weeks to elicit a response from him in which he basically told me to go **** myself.

Fortunately I kept all the email correspondence between the 2 of us. I also have pictures of the second load to verify it's volume. I'm filing the papers tomorrow and should have him served on Friday.

I hate dishonest people. Ignoring me just kept throwing fuel on the fire.

Ice cold Kosher Dill Pickles on a hot day hits the spot.
The pickle juice straight or cut 50/50 with V8 keeps me from cramps.
Keep checking the color of your pee or lack of it to see if your getting enough liquid.
I drink coffee, water or beer in that order, but lately no beer. I do like a IPA but I'd be a little leary of Dancan's
Vicar's Cross @ 8 1/2% .That's as strong as wine, may get me a little loopie.
Just call me a 3.2 % guy. :)

Ice cold Kosher Dill Pickles on a hot day hits the spot.
The pickle juice straight or cut 50/50 with V8 keeps me from cramps.
Keep checking the color of your pee or lack of it to see if your getting enough liquid.
I drink coffee, water or beer in that order, but lately no beer. I do like a IPA but I'd be a little leary of Dancan's
Vicar's Cross @ 8 1/2% .That's as strong as wine, may get me a little loopie.
Just call me a 3.2 % guy. :)
I've heard of athletes drinking pickle juice as well. May try that shortly.

Latest posts

Back