Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm taking one of these types to court.

He and I agreed on $100 per full cord in logs. I would cut, split, stack and measure. So I bought 3 cords in the first load which turned out to be 2 face shy of 3 full. Called him up to inform him and told him I want another 3 full cord as well. Paid him another $300 for the second load and that one ended up being 1 full cord shy of 3. After the first load in invited him out to measure the stack so he could verify. Did the same thing after processing the second load.......

Never heard back from him. He owes me 5 face cord. It took 5 weeks to elicit a response from him in which he basically told me to go **** myself.

Fortunately I kept all the email correspondence between the 2 of us. I also have pictures of the second load to verify it's volume. I'm filing the papers tomorrow and should have him served on Friday.

I hate dishonest people. Ignoring me just kept throwing fuel on the fire.
good job CF.who regulates firewood sales in MI? here in pa dept of ag takes care of firewood sales gone bad. good luck.

good job CF.who regulates firewood sales in MI? here in pa dept of ag takes care of firewood sales gone bad. good luck.
Honestly, I don't know. I don't think it's regulated at all. Other than you can't move wood from county to county because of the ash borer.

Every avid biker, pro or not, will disagree with that study, from personal experience.

Here's another one done on Ironman Triathletes.

http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/45/8/650.abstract

"There were no significant differences between groups in any pre-race–post-race serum electrolyte concentrations and body weight changes. The development of EAMC was associated with faster predicted race times and faster actual race times, despite similarly matched preparation and performance histories in subjects from both groups. A regression analysis identified faster overall race time (and cycling time) and a history of cramping (in the last 10 races) as the only two independent risk factors for EAMC.

Conclusion The results from this study add to the evidence that dehydration and altered serum electrolyte balance are not causes for EAMC. Rather, endurance runners competing at a fast pace, which suggests that they exercise at a high intensity, are at risk for EAMC."

There are many, many more studies that are drawing the same conclusions. Not trying to argue or anything since you're one of the coolest guys on this site. Just trying to point out what we think we know about health/diet may not be true.

I know that the drinks with protein will help you do better when you have been hitting the wall.

What usually cramps up when riding? I would assume your legs. I've only had one major muscle cramp so far. It was in boot camp lying in my bunk. Flexed my leg and calf muscle seized up. Hurt like hell. What is your remedy for a muscle cramp? I always heard massage and/or stretching. If that's the case, it seems to back up the conclusion that it's not due to dehydration/heat/electrolytes. At least to me lol.

I'm not really an endurance guy so don't know much about protein and energy. Only long endurance based activity I do is ruck marches. Ruck marches just make you embrace the suck.

I love seeing a Fiskars in woodchips!!!

Re Cramping: Usually the calf or thigh. The thigh ones can be really bad, they just freeze you up. I thought my leg was going to burst one time, it was early in the season and I tried to stay with the group. They can last several minutes, and it seems longer. Sometimes, you just have to stop for a while & let it pass, usually take in some fluids and slow down. Can be really bad if you have not unclipped from your peddles.

FWIW:
"To Protect Your Heart, Your Sodium to Potassium Ratio Is More Important Than Your Overall Salt Intake"
"Keep in mind that if you have weak adrenals, you will lose sodium and need to eat more natural salt to compensate."
[prolonged stress weakens adrenals - people vary in their ability to withstand stress over time]

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/08/25/sodium-potassium-ratio.aspx

No scrounging, just meetings and sedentary work for me today :-(

Latest posts

Back