Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Father's Day to all.

Went for a 23 mile bike ride with the wife, nice views but no pics (tough to take from the bike).

Also, lots of turtles out. Saw a snapper and painted on the bike trail, and a painted on the road, so watch for them, they are out!

I will have to go by myself one day and take some pics, there are some nice views by lakes and ponds, etc.

The thread lives! Too bad it took a hernia, lol. Sorry to hear Jeff, hope you have a quick pain free recovery!
Congrats Mike!
Crazy storm damage! Wow! Stay safe out there, thanks for sharing pictures.
Really been slacking on firewood here, between my 2 logging jobs haven’t had much time or energy. Cut some nice trees at the weekend job0D5A3096-4B77-40D6-91A8-88B6FFDB933E.jpeg978DA1AD-70A1-4570-AD77-26FE2528B7AD.jpegAlmost had a little twinge of regret, it’s like a park in there, it went away pretty quick though, lol.
Nice sunset on the way to work camp last Sunday (sorry if I posted it already)078E9893-05C6-44AA-B0EF-F8A5E32A9D91.jpegHappy Fathers Day!

3point rake was my gift[emoji847]
e0939daa8c824a6fe03bd8342dd89a6f.jpg

9596d4a39e87dd5153ba696559a85a5c.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]

Is breakfast a standard item at work? Or a special for father's day?
Std really, we have a Cafeteria. By the time I was done inspecting my ride they were out of the special for the day, but for $3.00 you get 2 slices of toast, a large helping of scrambled eggs, hash browns or pan fired potatoes and 3 strips of bacon. Would have liked to get the chicken gravey on biscuits this morning, just didn't get in early enough.

Mike, obviously it's different for dads, but I was 42 when I had my first, and with youngest turning 1 in 2 days I'm 48. Older parents might tire out quicker but we make up for it in other ways. At the end of the day, you have to play the cards your delt.
Yep, it's all good. My youngest turns 8 real soon, I'm 51 :happy:. So much of life is what we make of it.

Happy Fathers day to all the dads, however old you are lol.

Made the most of it today, or did we spend the most:laughing:. Lots of brass on the ground today:yes:.
Hope you all had a great day too.
Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 11.29.53 PM.png
If you look real close at the far tree line you may see the steel out at 650yrds, rang that one a good number of times with the 223 and a 1x6 scope, nice having a good reticle.
Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 11.29.10 PM.png
Anyone see that HVBL :envy:.
Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 11.28.46 PM.png

It’s good to see it, especially since the rest of us are in the heat of summer.
Don't you have a frost alert tonight lol.
I saw it was 62 degrees just west of the lake in Wisconsin, we're suppose to get down to 46 Tuesday morning. I guess this is making up for the heat we've already had this summer.

3point rake was my gift[emoji847]
e0939daa8c824a6fe03bd8342dd89a6f.jpg

9596d4a39e87dd5153ba696559a85a5c.jpg

I'll trade ya the rake for that load of poplar :cheers:. Whoops I forgot I burned most all of that lol:blob2:.
That should come in handy, I should have one.
I really want another power rake(Harley rake), but I should be more focused on finding a mini-skid, neither is cheap.
Had another fire at the house last night, I think well have another tomorrow night with the cooler weather and rain coming in.
Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 11.53.15 PM.png

Burned a bunch of old crap from my shed behind the house. It was my wife's grandparents place and there were four boxes full of neatly stacked 2×4s from 4-10" long in the shed plus a bunch of other crap. I also burned a bunch of cedar rounds.
20210620_225422.jpg
Don't worry about the lawn, I hate mowing grass! I'm converting about 3 acres to native pollinators and warm season grasses. Then I will only have 1.5 acres to mow.
Here's what it looks like after 3 years.
20210618_070835.jpg

Don't you have a frost alert tonight lol.
I saw it was 62 degrees just west of the lake in Wisconsin, we're suppose to get down to 46 Tuesday morning. I guess this is making up for the heat we've already had this summer.
We had 43 degrees this morning and low of 37 tomorrow.

I was thinking about setting up the tent at a campsite down the lake from the house. Might do that tonight. Spend the nicer nights there on my “off” nights. Kids want to camp there too

We had 43 degrees this morning and low of 37 tomorrow.

I was thinking about setting up the tent at a campsite down the lake from the house. Might do that tonight. Spend the nicer nights there on my “off” nights. Kids want to camp there too
I figured it was a good bit cooler there. It's 66 here now an steadily dropping all day with the wind in the upper teens all day, it's gonna feel cold out, I like it :happy:.
The only day it's making it out of the 70s this week is supposed to be Thursday at 85, it seems like a great week to get the 4 cord I need to deliver done.
Sounds like a special weekend you guys had :numberone:.

Burned a bunch of old crap from my shed behind the house. It was my wife's grandparents place and there were four boxes full of neatly stacked 2×4s from 4-10" long in the shed plus a bunch of other crap. I also burned a bunch of cedar rounds.
View attachment 913893
Don't worry about the lawn, I hate mowing grass! I'm converting about 3 acres to native pollinators and warm season grasses. Then I will only have 1.5 acres to mow.
View attachment 913894
Those 2x4's were probably worth hundreds lol. The price of lumber looks to be dropping which is great, but expect food and fuel to rise thru the rest of the yr and into next. Ammo is also dropping, good thing after yesterday lol.
Have a great week.

I'll trade ya the rake for that load of poplar :cheers:. Whoops I forgot I burned most all of that lol:blob2:.
That should come in handy, I should have one.
I really want another power rake(Harley rake), but I should be more focused on finding a mini-skid, neither is cheap.
Had another fire at the house last night, I think well have another tomorrow night with the cooler weather and rain coming in.
View attachment 913892

It works amazingly well. Used of for a few hours yesterday. Little Bota handled it with ease. And the 3 point i can put 500lbs of down force so it really digs in.

Hope you all had a nice Father’s Day!

It was relaxing here. It rained most of the day so we mostly hung out. The lack of drama caused by my ex’s absence was definitely noticed.

I cooked brunch and steak dinner. My youngest son and older daughter baked me a cake and it was so good.
View attachment 913923View attachment 913922
View attachment 913926View attachment 913924View attachment 913925
View attachment 913927
teaching them well, Steve.. keep going!!!!!!!!!!

It works amazingly well. Used of for a few hours yesterday. Little Bota handled it with ease. And the 3 point i can put 500lbs of down force so it really digs in.

That's one of the downsides to the 3 point on my tractors, no down pressure, which means the angle you set the tool up at makes all the difference.
Glad its working well for you.

View attachment 913893
View attachment 913894
Tell us more about this. Is it a seed mix you can buy or something you put together yourself? I don't ever see anyone in the family farming or cutting hay on my in-laws 80 acres again, but watching the Russian olive overtake the fields and pasture kills me.

Back