Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lionsfan

Lionsfan

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Oh yeah, that's my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl. The contractor's wheelbarrow they "found" several years ago done rusted through but they had this old pallet so they fixored it up good as new!
Not everyone gets Bob Newhart's brand if humor, but I loved that show.

JustJeff

JustJeff

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Cutting my firewood in cold weather with saws w/o AV ... YES!!! Don't wish to do it any more.

In fact, I hate running any saw w/o AV even in warm weather. I did it for years, and don't wish to do it any more!
Agreed. I got bit by the vintage saw bug and have owned several homelites and pioneer saws. While they were fun to play with, when it came time to get the work done, the newer saws with chain brakes and anti vibe got the call.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
. AS Supporting Member.
Agreed. I got bit by the vintage saw bug and have owned several homelites and pioneer saws. While they were fun to play with, when it came time to get the work done, the newer saws with chain brakes and anti vibe got the call.

And side tensioners, also flippy caps :D .

mountainguyed67
Cutting my firewood in cold weather with saws w/o AV ... YES!!! Don't wish to do it any more.

In fact, I hate running any saw w/o AV even in warm weather. I did it for years, and don't wish to do it any more!

I only got the saw as a novelty. I don’t use it to cut firewood, the guy in the video wanted a trip down memory lane. I said go for it.

MFV

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Well, quarterly bonus rolls in on Friday so I may see if I can scrounge up a hydro. I’ve got a couple cords of big aspen that has been in rounds for almost a year so I know they’ll be tougher to hand split. Plus want to get my last pile split so it can be dry by fire pit season.
I do the same thing split as much as I can by hand. But it has gotten too hot here so this weekend I will rent the 34 ton splitter from sunbelt rental. It’s not bad with the holiday weekend I can rent it from Saturday and return it Tuesday morning for 130$ it will split all I need for the winter.

turnkey4099
Hot, hot and hotter. noon and already 99. Did a bit of mowing, spotted some weeds needing some feeding so filled the 2 gal sprayer with 24d and did that. Put the big box fan in the garage aimed at the bench and sharpened a few chains. "to be sharped" nail only has one more 20" loop hanging on it. Review of the tool box shows I only have 1 spare 14" picco chain for the 193. Means a stop at Ace Hardware for another one.

New truck current'y in the hospital to get a 'parking assist needs atterntion' note cleared and hopefull comes back this evening with teh cruise control working. That 2009 GMC Sierra has no knobs, levers ets. It is all little bitty touch buttons. I ain't trained for such modern doo dads. Mechanic jsut called and said the CC works just fine and he will show me how to turn it on. What? There is more to it than just touching the one button on the steering wheel?

Love the truck but could do without having to have a degree in compurters just to operate it.

Wooding expeditions have been put on hold until this heat wave goes away. I was out on Sunday working on teh willow clearnce project, working in the shade and gave it up by 10am. Still have uintil Sunday for it to supposedly start cooling down.

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Hey guys, is this picco or lopro? Lol.
ccd4fad25c96177d0f4655148f0e715a.jpg

I hope that's not a Vasectomy, if it is, the Doc missed by a couple inches.

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
The only only Mopar poster I had in my room. Cool car and lines follow that of a 66/67 Chevelle/Fairlane instead of the smooth fastback style from 68-72 Chevelle.View attachment 915316
The Dodge Coronet R/T's were essentially the same car as the Plymouth GTX's. One Dodge and one Plymouth. There might have been a slight difference in length. They were both built on the "B" body platform. Like the early Darts and Cuda's were built on the "A" body platform. Drivetrains would swap. That is, the "B" body cars would swap to another "B" body car. The R/T's and GTX's came out in 67. They had two engine options. 440 Magnum, no 6 pac's till 70, and the 426 Hemi. No 383's in 67. In 67 if you wanted a 383 you had to drop down to the Satellite. The GTX is just the performance package for the Satellite. The performance package for
the Dodge Charger and Coronet was the R/T.

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
This is my saw.

I have 2-3 DB's with the Power Products AH 58, 92 CC engines. They have been sitting on their DB shelf for at least 3 years. I hope they sit their at least 3 more years. Then I might try and sell them to a vintage Kart racer.

Latest posts