Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GM makes "hemi's" to as I'd guess all the major motor companies do.
That motor looks like the 9 liter marine motor. Regardless its a beast, that's a large intake, and two that size :surprised3:
You almost nailed it. It's the 7.0 liter version. 750 hp @ 8k RPM!

Interesting… Not saying that building a 750 hp street legal motor would be easy or cheap, but certainly could be done for less than that LOL!I agree, so much so the last motor I built was right at 3k, I built it to compete with the LT1 Camaros, I figured that if they could build a car that did 155 on pump fuel so could I. It was a fun riding in both vehicles I had that motor in. Unfortunately when I moved out of the garage I was renting I had to dump a lot of Chevy parts, that engine was one of them. My buddy put it in a k5 blazer that he ran at the dunes.

The customer who owns this wanted it because it's very unique. It took him 3 years to build the car. I think crate engines like this or the Hellephant from Chrysler are simply status symbols among well to do "hot rodders". Still cool though.
I'd drive it if I had to lol.

The customer who owns this wanted it because it's very unique. It took him 3 years to build the car. I think crate engines like this or the Hellephant from Chrysler are simply status symbols among well to do "hot rodders". Still cool though.
I can respect that. Money is relative so to him, that 60k crate motor is probably like one of us buying a new saw.

I’m not there but knock on wood, if my work keeps going like it has, I can look at retiring in 13-ish years. I’d love to have another hotrod but the prices on all of the vehicles I like have quadrupled in the last decade. Now that the ex isn’t here to spend my earnings, the kids and I have a tentative plan of what we’d like to do in the next 3-5 years
-Timber frame screen porch with outdoor kitchen
-Bigger boat
-New dock to accommodate boat
-Heated shop with 2nd story bunk room
-Build a cabin on the family hunting land
-Purchase Florida condo (this will take some finagling to get financing but once we have it, it will cash flow enough to pay mortgage)

That is why I call my Mustang a poor man's Ferrari! I can afford it, and I can drive it! The mods were all done one at a time over the last 16 years.

I know a lot of cars put down more than 550 Hp now adays, but it is hard for me to imagine many of them can use it with real street tires.

Virtually all of the new front engine, rear drive, high Hp cars have "street legal race car tires" that have no treadwear rating and are not good in the rain. In addition, they only come with auto trans and launch control ... the computer must drive it, not the driver!

I will keep my old school stick for as long as I can!

That is why I call my Mustang a poor man's Ferrari! I can afford it, and I can drive it! The mods were all done one at a time over the last 16 years.

I know a lot of cars put down more than 550 Hp now adays, but it is hard for me to imagine many of them can use it with real street tires.

Virtually all of the new front engine, rear drive, high Hp cars have "street legal race car tires" that have no treadwear rating and are not good in the rain. In addition, they only come with auto trans and launch control ... the computer must drive it, not the driver!

I will keep my old school stick for as long as I can!
If I built a fast car these days, I would probably do it just like you did with a new or late model Mustang and add mods over time.

The Chevelle I had in high school and bought for 6500 is now probably 20K plus and then take another 20 to look nice. No thanks.

Even a nice square body chevy truck is going to be 15K now...jeez.

I have some $$ in investments and even though I know for a fact that letting the $$ work in the market is the best thing to do, I am so tempted to pay off the mortgage (I have 8 years left if I don't pay anything off early) and then start putting my excess earnings back into investments. After surviving a few ups and downs of life, it would be so nice to not have to worry about paying bills if another "down" came through.

What’s excess earnings?:popcorn2: Lol.
That’s great Steve, glad you are able to do that, sounds like you are in a good position.
Right...I should be so lucky as to have any left cause unexpected expenses always pop up!!! I will make it happen, just may not happen as fast as I want.

I do want the stuff at home done before we start the other stuff. Building the first hunting cabin took me over ten years to finish. Hoping the second one wont LOL.

If I built a fast car these days, I would probably do it just like you did with a new or late model Mustang and add mods over time.

The Chevelle I had in high school and bought for 6500 is now probably 20K plus and then take another 20 to look nice. No thanks.

Even a nice square body chevy truck is going to be 15K now...jeez.

I have some $$ in investments and even though I know for a fact that letting the $$ work in the market is the best thing to do, I am so tempted to pay off the mortgage (I have 8 years left if I don't pay anything off early) and then start putting my excess earnings back into investments. After surviving a few ups and downs of life, it would be so nice to not have to worry about paying bills if another "down" came through.
The best thing my wife and I did was pay our house off in 8 years. I know we could've made more money in investments than we saved by paying it off early. However the peace of mind knowing we only have to cover taxes and normal bills should one of us get sick or hurt is really nice.

After not being able to find a new tip for my tech light bar been needing a new 28” bar for awhile, decided to try one of the new husky x tough light bars sense I couldn’t find a tusamara. Really like the light bars but this new one doesn’t feel much lighter. 4A9AAE28-5E66-4469-9D3B-CD6FC3064401.jpegDoesn’t have as many cut outs as the tusamara F278F6D8-23B2-49E8-B6D3-13CF1063AB22.jpegThink they are same as sugi? Seems like a nice bar otherwise, hopefully oil hole doesn’t plug as easy as tusamara.

After not being able to find a new tip for my tech light bar been needing a new 28” bar for awhile, decided to try one of the new husky x tough light bars sense I couldn’t find a tusamara. Really like the light bars but this new one doesn’t feel much lighter. View attachment 930027Doesn’t have as many cut outs as the tusamara View attachment 930029Think they are same as sugi? Seems like a nice bar otherwise, hopefully oil hole doesn’t plug as easy as tusamara.
Looks sharp. I’m not great at “feeling” weight but usually the light bars are quite a bit lighter on the scale.

The best thing my wife and I did was pay our house off in 8 years. I know we could've made more money in investments than we saved by paying it off early. However the peace of mind knowing we only have to cover taxes and normal bills should one of us get sick or hurt is really nice.
Totally agree.

Since I’m paid ahead on my mortgage now, my mortgage broker guy told me I could have the mortgage broker “recast” the mortgage meaning the payment will go down but then I’ll still owe for 20 some years. Not sure I’d want to do that, unless absolutely needed.

Latest posts

Back