Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the cops in Baltimore are dragging their feet for me to get my saws back I had to break down today. Good deal from my saw shop so I just HAD to.:innocent:

View attachment 934672
Congrats on the new hotrod.
That's a lot of d@mn pepper picking Cowboy. Might be a bit for the review. Gonna be extra warm the next couple of days and I have lots to get ready for the local farmer's fair.
So the cops will probably call and say come pick them up now lol.

I was just reading a thread on another forum, the guys ms391 muffler fell off lol. He seemed a bit bummed at stihl:lol:.
Dang stihls, always loosing bolts:laughing:.
First thing I did when I got the saw home was pull out the torx scrench and check all the screws/bolts. I figure if something falls out it's operator error.

I was just reading a thread on another forum, the guys ms391 muffler fell off lol. He seemed a bit bummed at stihl:lol:.
Dang stihls, always loosing bolts:laughing:.
I have a 562 xp, a year or so old. Used it last week for half an hour. Carrying it it sound like a cow bell when bumped against my leg. Missing top bolt in muffler and cracked off bottom flange at bottom bolt. And it's missing a recoil side cover bolt.:surprised3:

Just sayin
5222a6473fe29673627769f94ef88055.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I have a 562 xp, a year or so old. Used it last week for half an hour. Carrying it it sound like a cow bell when bumped against my leg. Missing top bolt in muffler and cracked off bottom flange at bottom bolt. And it's missing a recoil side cover bolt.:surprised3:
Dang Huskys :laugh: .
Gotta check that stuff as Steve was saying, lots of vibrations on saws and they can all loose bolts/nuts and have problems in general.
A little blue loctite goes a long way on anything you find is a known problem, if that doesn't work a little red loctite should do.

I've had several saws over a forty year span. A Stihl 042 for twenty five, a Stihl 021 for about that, and a Husky 357xp for eleven plus. None of which ever lost a screw. I lost a bar nut once. Stocked up on a couple for each saw that still had non captured bar nuts. Never lost a second one. But screws dropping out of the case? I really like that saw, but... a year in, light duty, and falling apart. Might expect that on a box store home owners saw, not a top shelf pro saw.

I've had several saws over a forty year span. A Stihl 042 for twenty five, a Stihl 021 for about that, and a Husky 357xp for eleven plus. None of which ever lost a screw. I lost a bar nut once. Stocked up on a couple for each saw that still had non captured bar nuts. Never lost a second one. But screws dropping out of the case? I really like that saw, but... a year in, light duty, and falling apart. Might expect that on a box store home owners saw, not a top shelf pro saw.
Who's to say, but you have to draw the short straw sooner or later.
I've had good ones, and I've had better ones, but I've had great results even with the farm ranch saws.
Sharp chain, good mix, blow the filters off now and then and they usually do well.
I have lost a couple screws/nuts(talking about saws here), and I've caught others that could have fallen off that were loose, it happens.

Since the cops in Baltimore are dragging their feet for me to get my saws back I had to break down today. Good deal from my saw shop so I just HAD to.:innocent:

View attachment 934672
Nice one I look forward to you review, so many people say you may as well just get a 462. Would be good to get your take on that once you’ve had some run time.👍

Well, no deer, but we did have an adventure and nice views! We had a Coyote serenade us right before dark on Sat, and a Buck snorted at us just as it got dark on Sunday (he was close, but we could not see him). That is my 12 ga 870 / 28" bbl next to the bear droppings! Never seen them so formed before!

Attachments

• IMG_20211009_141102206_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211009_141102206_HDR.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20211010_163059912_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211010_163059912_HDR.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20211011_113133550.jpg
    IMG_20211011_113133550.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 18
Back