Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boom pole makes quick work of moving stuff around way easier than hooking up to 3pt hitch

I actually have a tractor here with a loader and also a Ford 555 backhoe with a couple of hooks welded on to the bucket and will lift just about anything. But the boom is a great idea and very cost effective.

I actually have a tractor here with a loader and also a Ford 555 backhoe with a couple of hooks welded on to the bucket and will lift just about anything. But the boom is a great idea and very cost effective.
You could make an adapter to put 3pt implements on that backhoe bucket lol.
I have one of those books, it lifted the front of my little kubota pretty quick, then I bent it :surprised3:. Its tossed in the woods waiting to be cut up into some sort of project.

You could make an adapter to put 3pt implements on that backhoe bucket lol.
I have one of those books, it lifted the front of my little kubota pretty quick, then I bent it :surprised3:. Its tossed in the woods waiting to be cut up into some sort of project.
My other tractor is a ford 2000 and anything I need that uses a 3 point hitch I use on that tractor.

Stihl=$$ around these parts. Hence the reason I own Husqvarna and a G660.

I cruise classifieds for wood and saws(not that I need any more).
They're expensive here, but if you get the right model they'll last a long time.
This message will be deleted in 5, 4, 3,...😆

They're expensive here, but if you get the right model they'll last a long time.
This message will be deleted in 5, 4, 3,...😆
No brand bias here. At the end of the day, it’s just a tool made of plastic and metal. I sent a message a bit ago on one of the FB pages on a red light 066 that hopefully he would part with?

My other tractor is a ford 2000 and anything I need that uses a 3 point hitch I use on that tractor.
I have a little kubota b2620, I should probably make a little hitch receiver/boom with hooks on it for that one. The skidding winch on the L3800 has come in very handy, especially on leaners.

No brand bias here. At the end of the day, it’s just a tool made of plastic and metal. I sent a message a bit ago on one of the FB pages on a red light 066 that hopefully he would part with?
Here either, I just prefer the handling of the huskys best, they all have good and bad models.
That metal and plastic thing, it sounds familiar lol.
Hope you get it, they run very strong. Most of the red lights don't work on the ones I've seen.

They did a study on the cedars locally on the Niagara escarpment and some of them were 1100 years old. Some just little spindly things growing out of the limestone.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
That’s what they said here. I took pics of blocks they set up for seats, from trail clearing. They had normal growth rings. They said the ancient ones were the scraggly ones growing out of the boulders. One of their oldest was a Cedar.

Ok had a good weekend…. 12 ton truck loaded with about 5 tons of hardwood the first photo is what’s left…. Will go back next week to get the rest

Attachments

• E00FBEF3-103B-4C94-9409-BEBF78BAD221.jpeg
    E00FBEF3-103B-4C94-9409-BEBF78BAD221.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33
  • 153B46ED-318E-4389-8CF6-BDD1A905B636.jpeg
    153B46ED-318E-4389-8CF6-BDD1A905B636.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
Wow Ken that's awesome! super impressive to say the least!!!!
My work is so crazy I got to grab when I can. That’s enough to carry me and my elderly neighbor for a few months. They were already pretty dry from sitting in the arborists work yard for the last year

Wow huge 🪵! Atleast there already seasoned and ready to go. Also clean looking.
Yep, got these by chasing down the arborist on the expressway. He was scared because he thought something fell off his truck and hit my Ford. Nope just noticed you have a bunch of wood…. I like wood…. Can has cheeseburger? He wins no disposal cost, I and neighbors win, transportation costs only. But it scared him to be chased down on the expressway by a foreigner. 😸

Good morning. Not a lot to report here but my neighbors adult son did get a nice nine pointer yesterday. Otherwise deer hunting has been very slow. Got the boat out of the small lake yesterday in the skim of ice. My boat at my house is still in the water and it was 3° last night so I can imagine if it didn’t skim over it will soon. That’s on my list of things to do after work.

Back