Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are you getting the bear? Baiting? Watching gut piles?
We use bait to pull them in, then run them with dogs. We have game cameras to tell us what is coming to the bait. we have pictures of 7 bear in one pic. One big bear, 5-600lb, was eating and the rest setting back waiting for their turn.

Good luck hunting fellas!
back to scrounging wood, I don’t go after pallets but a word of warning to those who were saying they do, BE CAREFUL!!!
Even pallets are not exempt from gubermint
Stupidity and regulation!!!
pallets are marked these days. Some to show they have been heat treated to kill bugs to prevent cross state/ country contamination.
others may be stamped B or BM. This is a pesticide (bromide)to prevent the same. It is nasty stuff and you do NOT want it burning in your home!
I work with several farmers who are too busy to fool with trees when the fall into their fields. They are glad to let me have them and in exchange I pack the brush to the edge out of their way.
good for both of us and nice easy access!!

We use bait to pull them in, then run them with dogs. We have game cameras to tell us what is coming to the bait. we have pictures of 7 bear in one pic. One big bear, 5-600lb, was eating and the rest setting back waiting for their turn.
Excellent work muddstopper. Looking forward to getting one soon myself.

Back to scrounging I just drove past a 20” dbh Black locust down across someone’s yard about 80 ft tall. Gonna go do some asking when I drive back last there later.

Excellent work muddstopper. Looking forward to getting one soon myself.

Back to scrounging I just drove past a 20” dbh Black locust down across someone’s yard about 80 ft tall. Gonna go do some asking when I drive back last there later.
Did you say locust :sweet:.
There may be some trees down around here tonight, winds in the 20s. Had a nice ride home from church, wind would catch you when you came to a field at the end of a wood line, if you weren't paying attention it would send you into the other lane.
Hope you get the locust, it's my favorite for firewood.

Sorta special, mint, with flippy caps?
Exactly, except caps I think. Edit; caps too, had to look lol(pic added below).
It's a special cylinder, recoil, and plastics, with a base gasket delete and a muffler mod, all on an xtorq chassis. It runs very well I think.
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 11.09.46 PM.png

Nice score.
Did you try putting fuel in it :innocent:.
Look forward to the firewood pics :).
No not yet. Gonna clean it up first. Air filter is real nasty gona pull the plug and spray some fogging oil in the cylinder and check the exhaust for bugs and mud dobbers as other members have suggested then check for spark. I really don't have any tools or workshop here in burton. I moved 95% of all my stuff up north. Hoping to have a good enough vehicle to make the trip up north this weekend..

"Sorta extra special" as they are copies, if they were the real deal that would make it extra special 🤣.
funny I took a 365SP and made it a 372 with a full top end swap.... and a few other mods courtesy of Miller Mod saws....

Latest posts

Back