Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
muddstopper

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
That is a lot of nice bucks all in one place this late in the season!
Those pics where took in Oct, but I saw big boy and his big 6point brother together a couple weeks ago in broad daylite. I pulled the trigger twice on the 6pter and gun snapped twice. I have pulled the bullets on all those reloads. Those pics are 30yrds from my reloading shed. I have seen the 8 ,two 6's, a 5 a 4 and a button buck together and probably 40 does in the field across the road. Been 4 does killed where those bucks are standing this year. I dumped the last of my corn out yesterday. Just have to wait until next year. Unless I catch them in my wifes flower bed, then all bets are off.

3000 FPS

3000 FPS

Dirt Roads are fine by me.
. AS Supporting Member.
Boulder County will soon be in the news. Never seen wind like this. Fire everywhere.

We're good at the moment where we live in the hills, but all hell is going on down below.
I was just reading about this. Grass fire from power lines that got blown down. Spreading very fast because of the wind and they have already started evacuations and all aircraft have been grounded.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
. AS Supporting Member.
Yep, trees down all over the place. Had a hell of a time getting home from Lyons, north in the county.

I said "never seen winds like this." I have, of course, in storm conditions. But never before seen sustained 100+ mph winds under a clear blue sky.
Wow.

sundance

sundance

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Yep, trees down all over the place. Had a hell of a time getting home from Lyons, north in the county.

I said "never seen winds like this." I have, of course, in storm conditions. But never before seen sustained 100+ mph winds under a clear blue sky.
Sounds really ugly......be careful!

Howdy gents.

Hopefully wrapped up at work for the year today. I’ve got my daily driver warming up in my neighbors heated shop and I’m going to put the snow tires on it tomorrow and change the oil. Also need to make a dump run in the plow truck and take the girls to town for a little shopping. Then tomorrow night we’ll be doing a lot of eating, a little drinking, and watch some good movies to roll out of this bizarre year.

Jere39

Jere39

Outdoorsman and Pup
. AS Supporting Member.
Pretty frightening video on the news from Boulder. Hope everyone survives and builds back from this tragic end to 2021.

In much lighter news, I cut a couple more standing dead Red Oaks. These are very convenient sizes for my operation, right about 20" dbh, and much of the bark is loose . I admit this is a long video at almost 5 minutes, and I understand people are busy. I am not very good at editing video, so this is a start to finish felling - from pushing the start button on the GoPro to setting saw and felling ax on the stump after it is down:

muddstopper

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Got a question about screwdrivers. I have a drawer full of screwdrivers, all makes, brands, types, ect. What I dont have are any that are magnetic tipped worth a hoot. With my shaking hands, I have a hard time holding and starting small screws and I would like a screwdriver that holds, not halfway holds or almost holds, onto the screw while I try to stick it in its hole. Any good recommendations. I am wanting straight, phillips, torx, and the square Robertson type. A complete set would be nice. I have been searching Amazon, but I havent found a set that has all the different types in one set. Anybody got any leads, links, or knows someone that knows someone.

Got a question about screwdrivers. I have a drawer full of screwdrivers, all makes, brands, types, ect. What I dont have are any that are magnetic tipped worth a hoot. With my shaking hands, I have a hard time holding and starting small screws and I would like a screwdriver that holds, not halfway holds or almost holds, onto the screw while I try to stick it in its hole. Any good recommendations. I am wanting straight, phillips, torx, and the square Robertson type. A complete set would be nice. I have been searching Amazon, but I havent found a set that has all the different types in one set. Anybody got any leads, links, or knows someone that knows someone.
I have a Stanley screwdriver that can accept any standard bit. The shaft is magnetized so the magnetism goes into the bit. Works real nice as you described.

FD1B0254-ADEC-4383-A3A3-DED745DEA681.jpeg

muddstopper

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I have used magnets before, but the magnetisim doesnt seem to last. But I want one.
I have a Stanley screwdriver that can accept any standard bit. The shaft is magnetized so the magnetism goes into the bit. Works real nice as you described.
I got a couple of those, works ok, but still not what I am looking for. I dont really want the bit type as I am always looking for the bits. Altho I will throw those bits in my drill in a heartbeat. I buy those TSC sets of bits everytime I go thru the discount isle. Cant have enough of those 1/4 and 5/16 driver bits. Kind of like 1/2in or 10mm wrenches, lay them down and they sprout legs and walk off.

Cricket

Cricket

ArboristSite Operative
I have used magnets before, but the magnetisim doesnt seem to last. But I want one.

I got a couple of those, works ok, but still not what I am looking for. I dont really want the bit type as I am always looking for the bits. Altho I will throw those bits in my drill in a heartbeat. I buy those TSC sets of bits everytime I go thru the discount isle. Cant have enough of those 1/4 and 5/16 driver bits. Kind of like 1/2in or 10mm wrenches, lay them down and they sprout legs and walk off.
"lay them down and they sprout legs and walk off"

This. I own four (at least) - I know where the one on the side of the fridge is.

Latest posts