Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost no one bothers to BBQ with wood around here, they are all propane gas stoves.

The yuppies all buy these small wood bundles for the fireplace, or in case they go camping.

They are split about 3X more than I would split for firewood, and usually the softer wood that lights easier.

A lot of gas stations, supermarkets and variety stores sell them, usually wrapped in cellophane.
same down here actually, more or less... as in BBQ ie, grilling! but for the BBQ joints smoking wood is the only way to go. oak. mesquite. pecan. hickory, etc...

i prefer a steak cooked over hot wood coals... mesquite is hard to beat for some added flavor ~

but have to keep an eye on it... will flare up that quick to render fats like... real fast! lol

but, imo... always worth the effort.

Almost no one bothers to BBQ with wood around here, they are all propane gas stoves.

The yuppies all buy these small wood bundles for the fireplace, or in case they go camping.

They are split about 3X more than I would split for firewood, and usually the softer wood that lights easier.

A lot of gas stations, supermarkets and variety stores sell them, usually wrapped in cellophane.
lots of that here!... even before you get to the cold, iced beer... gotta stumble around all those wood stacks out front wrapped in shipping tape!!! lol ;) pricey stuff, makes cost of the sudz almost a gimmie! ;)

:givebeer:

Not sure it's 10 billion, I'll have to do a quick btu calculation with my btu app lol.
Did you see the pile of logs out back, that's what I've been burning, heading out in a min to move things around and add another 1/4-1/2 a cord to it :surprised3:. Next time you're over we need to run some saws :).
these days, seems there is an app for almost everything.... :rolleyes:

I have so many saws that need ran. 290,034,011,cub I got going last week, a pioneer holiday 10-10 lightweight & two pro 10-10’s. Still need to run roadkill ( super 10-10) a little more too. Not quite where I want it yet. Wish I was closer!!! We’d make some serious sawdust!!!
thinking chipper is thinking chips... lol ;)

I had a set of 5.13's in my 69 340 Swinger. They were fun on the street.
JPLxQ8z.jpg
fun! 5:13's on the street would make almost any thing... a street hero!

certainly surprise the unexpecting! lol. i ran some 5:13's behind an inline 6 on nitrous... fun stuff!

plenty of :surprised3::wtf: was that??!

BL with his infamous representative pics for quotes, love it!
LOL a typo no doubt...meant 'famous'

What does it mean to say infamous?

in·fa·mous | \ ˈin-fə-məs \ Essential Meaning of infamous. 1 : well-known for being bad : known for evil acts or crimes an infamous traitor a city infamous for poverty and crime. 2 : causing people to think you are bad or evil He committed an infamous crime.

awwwh! :wtf: maybe I just bee's bad!!! lol :dancing:

Latest posts

Back