Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm too old and wore down to use a wheelbarrow like you guys do, so here's my wheelbarrow and splitter. lol

Resized-20220316-134743-S.jpg

It's still slow going for me these days...

SR

I'm too old and wore down to use a wheelbarrow like you guys do, so here's my wheelbarrow and splitter. lol

Resized-20220316-134743-S.jpg

It's still slow going for me these days...

SR
I don't know Rob. I think you'd out work me any day.
I've seen the amount of wood you process alone.
And if you can use a machine to do the heavy stuff, that's just smart and comes from years of experience.
Always like seeing what you're up to in the woods.

Good stuff there. I had to re boil my last batch and add water. I boiled it until it got foamy but that was to thick. I had maple sugar crystals in it, good but addictive stuff ( MAPLE CRACK)
Thanks, I'm boiling another batch tonight so I thought of your post. I boiled mine until it hit 219°. I was wondering, is there a way to tell when sap has gone "buddy"? Everything I read says to boil a test batch.
This maple syrup making is addictive. I think I will triple the number of taps from 5 to 15 next year.
Thanks!

We took a family trip through New England on our way to Acadia National Park in Maine a few summers back. Stopped at a mom and pop breakfast joint where they only served maple syrup on the way up and now thats all I'll use on pancakes. Would love to tap and make my own at some point. Even though its not firewood related, I love the maple syrup posts!!!!!

You guys are making me hungry for pancakes.
Well found out iPhones don’t like to be ran through the washing machine.. or over heated with a hairdryer afterwards…Got my new phone so back in business. Snow is melting fast and getting muddy so I’ll be off work for couple weeks6284146C-C7E8-462A-B952-FDF3E6651DAC.jpegTook the wood locating tool out for a ride at lower elevation where there was more bare ground 447EAFB6-51DE-4717-B7CA-95D806902A0F.jpegSnowed another 6” up higher last night so decided to take the motorless winter wood locating tools out this morning 84E49C8E-434E-447E-B26F-A5A6126A421E.jpegSnow melted enough around the house to get to the to be split pile6EE96845-4B93-4A9C-906E-229037FF8FCF.jpegSplit a fewA57ED605-3B75-45E9-B4C6-C32464B524F2.jpegDon’t want to get too carried away will probably be May before I can get more, lol.

You guys are making me hungry for pancakes.
Well found out iPhones don’t like to be ran through the washing machine.. or over heated with a hairdryer afterwards…Got my new phone so back in business. Snow is melting fast and getting muddy so I’ll be off work for couple weeksView attachment 973992Took the wood locating tool out for a ride at lower elevation where there was more bare ground View attachment 973991Snowed another 6” up higher last night so decided to take the motorless winter wood locating tools out this morning View attachment 973993Snow melted enough around the house to get to the to be split pileView attachment 973994Split a fewView attachment 973995Don’t want to get too carried away will probably be May before I can get more, lol.
good pix! especially the mountain ones! imo.....

I was "flying the Miller flag" last night too. This bottle had a double label applied - it did not have double the amount of beer though. View attachment 974015
My buddys and I call High Life bottles "tall blondes". I like them but I tend to have 1 or 4 too many and the next day requires ibuprofen. :lol:

Latest posts

Back