Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but what if the mod is calling people liars and won't do the very thing he expects others to do.
By the way, I'm not criticizing the moderation; but rather, the moderator.

How about you just say sorry.
You're the one talking about just being nice or something like that in other threads.
Edit: Oh yeah why did you edit your post to Steve 😆.
It’s been nice knowing ya. Good thing I’ve got your phone number ;)

Xenforo has a lot of cool features, many of which were (unfortunately) not utilized by the previous owners.

When they stripped the mods of many of the actual moderator powers, mods were very limited as what they could actually do. It’s like someone telling you to clean up a liquid spill with a shop broom…
Maybe they thought it was a wet/dry shop broom lol.

Ohh, I did find the pic I was looking for of my "ATV Wood Skidder"! (See, we do actually, sometimes, post about scrounging firewood)

My previous computer had both a C + D drive, the new one just a C, so even when I move things over they are sometimes hard to find!

This picture is clearer.

Attachments

• IMG_20200831_170154744_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200831_170154744_HDR.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 3
When cutting a tree, I hate to see waste so anything bigger than my wrist goes as firewood. I made the mistake of tossing one for my hound. Now she thinks they are all here and scrounges them herself from my racks. I counted 9 in the grass this morning while bringing summer tires from around back to the garage. That's not walking the whole yard so who knows what the real number is. It's all fun and games until lawn mowing season!
IMG_20220416_102449.jpgIMG_20220416_102457.jpg

The Greene County Firewood Ministry arose out of two local churches discovering that they were both cutting firewood for the disadvantaged.
What’s remarkable is not only the volume of firewood that you have provided, but that you have kept the effort and organization going. Relatively ’easy’ to get folks to show up a few times; much harder to keep them coming back.

Philbert

Several weeks ago I took my Brush Bandit Model 65 chipper over a friends house to clean up a Bradford Pear that went down in a storm. Started and ran well, chipped up everything and was done in an hour and a half. Couple days later wouldn't start. Couple days later pulled the head on the right bank and had 2 cracked exhaust valves. I heard those old Wisconsin's could run on 2 cylinders and you would only notice it was down a little on power. My mechanic buddy came over and looked at it. Pistons and cylinders look like new. He said pull the other head and see what it looks like? Did that this morning. Another cracked exhaust. While pulling the head this morning, I glanced across the engine to the other side, There was something shiny in the bottom of the intake Runner. A piece of brass tubing with a fitting on it. How did that thing get in there? Somebody dropped it in the carb and said the heck with it?
aZYaFiG.jpg

GVyR2jp.jpg

aQgXWbK.jpg

Not really scrounging, but still of interest to all you lumberjack type fellers. A quick shot of how they unload wood chips at the Arauco particle board plant in Grayling, Mi.

View attachment 980386

Wonder how much the trucks burn oil after that

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]🛻

Sadly, I don't know everyone by their first name. As to editing, I often edit my posts. If I am recalling the correct info, it is probably because I decided my post was not the right thing to put up. If I edited something out, it just might have been the wrong thing to say. I do try to be careful.

As to calling people liars, I have not done that, although there was certainly a very strong inference to that effect. "Tell no lies, and I won't call you call you out on them." is not an accusation, it is a warning. If anyone chooses to infer that they have been untruthful, then they know what my response would be expected to be. Making statements that resemble mistruth will produce responses that resemble an accusation. I'll be happy to go over the logic of any of my statements with anyone, but let's keep it private, please.

Now if you guys will follow the thread backwards, I'll be happy to explain it all again. A political post was reported to moderation. Said post was silently deleted by me, a moderator. No harm, no foul, no warning points applied. After which, snarky comments start popping up about moderation, which is in defiance of the pretty well known restriction against them. Then it escalates further, and here we are. I didn't start this. I may yet finish it by clearing the thead of all related comments, including my own. Just keep giving me invitations, and we'll see how it ends up.

I have no interest in irritating the good folks of this thread & forum. To the extent that I may have been overbearing, I will readily apologize, as I have not intended to step on anyone's toes. To the extent that I have been doing what I perceive to be my job, I cannot apologize, as it has all been done with a clear explanation of the existing rules I am expected to work under. If you don't like what I am doing and think I am wrong, then please put it in a private message to me, another moderator, or to management. We are all ears. What we don't encourage is open dissent and defiance of the existing rules that you all signed up for.

Now 'nough of this, please.
:cheers: ?​
If you had said that there was a complaint then the tone of the whole thing would have been different .
For that (reacting to a complaint) I say job well done .

Wonder how much the trucks burn oil after that

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]🛻
They had the same thing at the local Southern States back in the 70's-80's. Farmers would come in with big straight trucks with no dump bed. Corn and wheat, off loaded in a few seconds. Didn't seem to hurt them. Those farmers ran all of their trucks for 30 years.

They had the same thing at the local Southern States back in the 70's-80's. Farmers would come in with big straight trucks with no dump bed. Corn and wheat, off loaded in a few seconds. Didn't seem to hurt them. Those farmers ran all of their trucks for 30 years.

I drove a 38 International in the 1953 harvest. 4sp 2sp axle both manual shift. Axle on the left so split shifts were two handed - fun. Rode that lift up many times (shut engine off before lifting).

I got LOTS of help when the starter jammed when I tried the restart. Started smoking with the truck still setting on the scales in the middle of the head house. They pushed me clear of the whole warehouse. That's when I learned that to clear a jammed starter you pushed backwards against whatever gear you were in.

View attachment 981768

So , when Mr. Dumas forgets his wedges and the wind pushes back against the direction of the intended fell a rope is your friend .
See the little dots where the chain was lol

I had one stump showing the full loop very clearly. I should have saved a slice off of it.

I dissected out most of a uteload from the punky peppermint logs I cut the other day but most of the rounds were too far gone. Disappointing.

View attachment 981788

I also picked up some previously cut dry peppermint splits.

View attachment 981789

I hope this post was not too political, I'm trying my best!
I can't read that banned political sticker in your back window:)

got a bunch of the leaner Ash bucked up and in the stacks.
Reconnoitered the next project.
KIMG0906.JPG
KPNR0905.JPG
panoramic shot so ignore that trunk squiggle about 4' up
note 3' splitting maul laying at base of tree.
First up will be clearing out about 4-5 pine snags around this beauty.
Good news, the natural lean (away and right) is a good place to drop it.

Back