Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woodstoves in a home typically aren't a problem, what we're talking about is a barn or garage.
My insurance company seems to think that one in the house is an issue...
which is why I don't have one. Still contemplating how to get one without having them cancel me!
David from jax

Find a different company that allows it, and cancel these guys.
That is easier said than done with as many insurance companies pulling out of Florida as it is!
I have been looking, as well as cringing when my premiums went up by 35 percent this past year!
Rumor has it that roofing companies, with their "get a new roof" at no cost to the consumer, have run the costs to do business in Florida thru the roof! I seem to be paying for it, and didn't get a new roof out of it!
David from jax

That is easier said than done with as many insurance companies pulling out of Florida as it is!
I have been looking, as well as cringing when my premiums went up by 35 percent this past year!
Rumor has it that roofing companies, with their "get a new roof" at no cost to the consumer, have run the costs to do business in Florida thru the roof! I seem to be paying for it, and didn't get a new roof out of it!
David from jax
There's always someone who will do it for less, just need to make sure that place has the reputation and financial ability to pay claims.

I have access to one of the major companies through work that does a lot of advertising with an animal and a person in their ads but my friend who does roofs and siding said they are absolutely the worst to get $ out of so I did not even consider them when I changed recently.

David from jax
I was literally just talking to a buddy about him getting his roof done like that here in MI. There are legitimate concerns with hail/wind damaged roofs and the possibility of it costing the insurance company down the rd, but if you make a claim on your insurance to get the roof and then you have a problem shortly thereafter where you need your insurance you will most likely get canceled.
Everything cost someone something, too bad our government refuses to learn this. Yes it's a political statement, but it's most certainly a bipartisan issue ;).

It would be nice to have the ability to burn wood in your home when there is a need, good thing for you that need doesn't arise too often there.

Even reloading brass seems to be hard to come by, so a friend of mine gave me some NRA Match brass for my daughter's 308. It has crimped primer pockets, but I was able to ream it a bit and got it all primed.

I also did a bit of research and found and article by "Peters". They said they reloaded their 308 Match brass 32 times in a bolt action, with maximum loads, w/o a failure!

I have no idea who manufactured the NRA Match brass that I have, as it does not say, however, I guess this brass will last us a long time!

Even reloading brass seems to be hard to come by, so a friend of mine gave me some NRA Match brass for my daughter's 308. It has crimped primer pockets, but I was able to ream it a bit and got it all primed.

I also did a bit of research and found and article by "Peters". They said they reloaded their 308 Match brass 32 times in a bolt action, with maximum loads, w/o a failure!

I have no idea who manufactured the NRA Match brass that I have, as it does not say, however, I guess this brass will last us a long time!
I have been bidding on 22-250 brass for weeks and always had someone go over my max at the end of the auction. Finally lost my temper and won an auction....ended up paying over two bucks per (new) brass. Oh well at least I won't run out.

My previous home received a new roof and two new walls of siding due to hail the year we sold.

The hail was pretty bad....The siding looked like the place was used as target practice at a driving range. The roof IMO was fine.....yes the gravel had a bunch of cosmetic damages but would've lasted for years. Basically every home within miles got a new roof under insurance claim yet very few actually needed one. I have a problem with that because that cost ended up coming back to all of us. Then they had another storm a few years later and a lot of folks got a new roof again.

It is like having pit bull dogs or "modified" cars.

Some companies don't ask, others will cancel you!
My previous neighbors lost their insurance over a small female pit bull.

The dog was afraid of it's own shadow. I would be more worried about being attacked by someone's cat than that thing LOL.

How can this happen ? I welded a safety wire to the bolts on my husky 350 when it was new because the prior one they loosened up and it burnt a hole in the tank . I take it out today and while I’m walking I here a rattle. The muffler is loose and the wire is still intact. View attachment 988626View attachment 988627
Operator error :laugh: .
That's crazy though, dang huskys:laughing:.
I had them loosen up on an old 142, my first "real" saw lol, and I made a lock to keep the bolts I put in it in place, the same thing happened to me. I guess that ones the threads were the slightest bit damaged it allowed it to move ever so slightly and to wear the threads out as it vibrated.
I guess it's time for a 346 P&C:chainsaw:.
Let me know if you want the links to what's needed if you don't already know, I'm sure I have the thread saved on my computer.

Operator error :laugh: .
That's crazy though, dang huskys:laughing:.
I had them loosen up on an old 142, my first "real" saw lol, and I made a lock to keep the bolts I put in it in place, the same thing happened to me. I guess that ones the threads were the slightest bit damaged it allowed it to move ever so slightly and to wear the threads out as it vibrated.
I guess it's time for a 346 P&C:chainsaw:.
Let me know if you want the links to what's needed if you don't already know, I'm sure I have the thread saved on my computer.
Just going to see if I can get the bolts out buy cutting the wire . There is no way these moved so I assume the threads in the head are shot from heat cycles so I'll helical them

Back