Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found out i have A-fib when i was in the hospital for covid. Never had any issue's that I knew of but that's what they told me..Said it could be the result of the covid but now one is sure. The did a bunch of tests and said valves and whatnot were all good. Gave me the Eliquis to take. $465 a month. :wtf:

Stay strong Steve. They still don't fully understand the full affects of Covid. I had it bad in April '21 and was out of work for nearly 2 months. I ended up getting post-covid DVTs in my left leg and a pulmonary embolism. I was on Eliquis and then Xarelto(<- maybe a cheaper option for you!) for over a year and was just given a green light to stop the meds. I was also fighting prostatitis (wicked painful), which I never had before and may also have been related. They just don't know!

Either way - I used it to get back in shape and with help from the man upstairs and my family, I've lost a ton, am stronger (more firewood LOL) and plan to be around a long time for the grand kids.

Regarding Eliquis - my med plan dropped it back in Jan of this year, which is when I went on Xarelto. I would ask your doctor about it as a cheaper alternative. Also, during the medical plan transition between jobs, I used a card from GoodRX. They had these cards in the doctors office and it saved a lot of money on prescriptions. You can check out GoodRX online. Good luck man!

I need to have a Covid test done today (no symptoms) and have hernia surgery scheduled for Mon.

Had the left side done 30 years ago, now it is time for the right side. The Doc said it was most likely just "normal wear + tear".

Good luck everyone!

Steve, did you get the Covid shot? I have not and have not (to my knowledge) had it. However, my wife's Aunt (in the NH) just got it, she will be 101 on Thurs!

View attachment 1002384View attachment 1002385
In order of appearance: the shack I refer to as my cabin, my shop, JD 650 tractor currently not charging the battery, my 0-turn currently not charging the battery, and above my wood pile is my Polaris ACE currently not charging the battery. Does anyone notice a recurring theme?
i got a charge just from ck'g out your pix... :yes:
:rock2:

Hey fellas's sorry I haven't been keeping in touch lately. Ive been pretty busy but I'll catch up with you guys soon!👍 In the meantime. Check out some cool pics... 60" Spider Carrot Spruce 🤣View attachment 1002873
74" Sitka Meadow Monster 😂
View attachment 1002885This is the top of the Meadow Monster stump with the Carrot Spider Spruce in background and bear bead by the stump!View attachment 1002883
Very fresh bear bead by Carrot Spider's stump!👍 The bear was sleeping under this Spruce the day before I cut it! 😬 Notice the three different piles of bear scat under the saw bar! View attachment 100288674" Meadow Monster stump. I Had to cut steps in the root swell and I was Stihl running the saw above my head while facing up this brute!
View attachment 1002874Got some decent scale out of this five footer👍 View attachment 1002878Cut safe, stay sharp, and be aware!
hi KK - big tree. u got some good pix for the stump thread...

HI Guys!
We still had time to get a few family rides in up in NH and of course, the reason I posted here - made some time to process the remaining roadside oak for winter '23/'24. Phew. I have a lot to catch up on here and will be posting a road trip thread as we make our way west to South Dakota.
I hope everyone is happy and healthy.
more or less on both accounts! :)
:givebeer:

>and will be posting a road trip thread as we make our way west to South Dakota.
:blob2:

will u post it here, or over on Off Topic? :laugh:

I hope you heal up quickly. It is a real PITA getting older. In the last 3 years I have had to have both knees cleaned out. One failed and now I have a titanium knee. Last October I needed to have a completely torn rotator cuff surgery. That one is almost completely healed. The knee job turned out great.
i never thot that when i was 12, going on 13!!! lol... but these days can relate. i guess best thing about it is beats the alternative... :cool:

:yes:

Stay strong Steve.
Regarding Eliquis - my med plan dropped it back in Jan of this year, which is when I went on Xarelto. I would ask your doctor about it as a cheaper alternative. Also, during the medical plan transition between jobs, I used a card from GoodRX. They had these cards in the doctors office and it saved a lot of money on prescriptions. You can check out GoodRX online. Good luck man!
good Rx with GoodRX!! ~

cost difs can be amazing! :yes:

I need to have a Covid test done today (no symptoms) and have hernia surgery scheduled for Mon.

Had the left side done 30 years ago, now it is time for the right side. The Doc said it was most likely just "normal wear + tear".

Good luck everyone!

Steve, did you get the Covid shot? I have not and have not (to my knowledge) had it. However, my wife's Aunt (in the NH) just got it, she will be 101 on Thurs!
i got one just the other day. ez-pz! but not particularly much fun! :(

of course, i am -

:drinking:

Doctor confirmed that I do have a hernia. "don't lift anything heavy". Waiting now for Ultrasound and Surgical appointments. "they'll call you". Where have I hear THAT before?

I did fire up the splitter and made a bucket full of kindling out of black locust splits. I went through a lot of kindling last heating season some how. I had the entire bottom shelf of a closet stacked full of it at the start of the season and ran out before it ended.
guess this is out:

:cheers:
:drinking:

The UK heatwave continues. London has had a few cooler days with highs of 26-27C and lows overnight of a more comfortable 15C but Sunday we heat up again. Monday and Tuesday are predicting new all time record highs for the UK. They think we could hit 40C! That's 104 f. Current record is 37.8C. we really don't do hot. Or any extreme weather, so this is infrastructure damaging, road surface melting, railway line buckling hot. It is at least wood pile drying I guess but heck, it's too hot! Supposed to drop back to mid 20s Celsius from Wednesday. That is what we are used to calling hot thank you!

Back