Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, all this cold weather talk got me thinking.

You southern boys really don’t know about the worst part of it being that cold.

Imagine if you will, trying to dig 2” of pecker out of 6” of Carhartt when you gotta take a leak.
Hold on there Pard, I know very well what thats like. I haven't been waist deep in snow in a few years, but I am a big "layer up" kind of guy, So my problem is not only the "I was in the pool" tool size, I run out of hands for the Zipper opening, the sweatpants, the long johns and the under wear. Hell, My wife has to hold some of those layers while I do my best to clear the opening in the layers.

Imagine if you will, trying to dig 2” of pecker out of 6” of Carhartt when you gotta take a leak.
Some are lucky enough to have 2".;)

Hold on there Pard, I know very well what thats like. I haven't been waist deep in snow in a few years, but I am a big "layer up" kind of guy, So my problem is not only the "I was in the pool" tool size, I run out of hands for the Zipper opening, the sweatpants, the long johns and the under wear. Hell, My wife has to hold some of those layers while I do my best to clear the opening in the layers.
Tie a string to it... makes life easier. Trust me.😬

Tie a string to it... makes life easier. Trust me.😬
Well, I guess I will take my chances of getting a chance to go to Banned Camp......

After a number of years of going through the dilema of said shrunken tool and layers, I was gifted a special layered addition. My Cousins wife sewed up a custom tool warmer, a three layer deal of spandex, wool and another synthetic, just had a narrow open end. Had a soft tie string to keep the beans below the frank (keep it on).

Biggest thing was to let my Cousin go first down the slope to the stand,

And I learned to cut a hole in the Overall front pockets......

Edit: no pictures, anywhere, ever...... But it worked.

Like I needed encouragement...
This is just a front wheel I've always wanted, and finally found down at the Barber swap meet last fall. The exact bike it will go on TBD.
4LS from a Suzuki GT750 polished up with stainless spokes and a new rim.
One of my bikes, last summer
View attachment 1039054
@chipper1 whatcha riding?
That's sweet!
I haven't ridden in a good bit anymore than to test ride what I built, the wife asked me to stop riding. It's all good though, that summer I was down 3 times, having grown up riding BMX and dirtbikes, then road bikes, that was normal to me, just not her. Also she mentioned something about doing wheelies past the van at 65... It's all good as I do have a thing for speed, but I also have a thing for my wife and kids :).
I still have 3 rolling chassis in the basement that i could build and a few more frames, but I'd need a lot more parts to put those together. They are all Suzuki GSXR 600 and 750's(96-99 and 2000 for the 600s), they're fun to build, but more fun to ride, but their like a drug I need to stay off of o_O. Once the barn is done I'll get building them and sell them, then clear out all the shelves full of parts :dizzy:.

I'll put up with the chrome to have a Cummins with a 6 speed.
You could just put that in a Chevy or a Ford :yes:.
small thin stream shoots out onto my palm ~
Don't run it!

Professional "Farmer Cut" for discussion. :innocent::laugh: FYI it landed within 8" of where I had planned.View attachment 1039121
I call fake.
If you really did that :buttkick: .
Need some spaghetti sauce with all those noodles :sweet:.
That one was pretty solid yet. I've got one to take down at a buddies, still had quite a bit of leaves on it this yr, but it's half dead. Every 4th of July we camp there and I threaten to take it down. He says no it's too much work, he has like 7 kids and does concrete work/builds homes, his kids all work with him and are very hard workers. If it took more than an hr to drop and clean up it would be because I was slow, but certainly not the kids.

Hi guys. I see I missed some good stuff here lol.

Hunted hogs in Texas for a couple days. Our group didn’t do so well surprisingly but I took a boar that was pushing 300 lbs. it’ll make a nice European mount with those tusks.

Heading home today. We’ve still got 12 hours of driving but we’ll make it eventually.
Sounds like a great time.
Good thing you got that 6.5 ;).
I've always wanted to do the helicopter thing for them down there :happy:.

As a family friend used to say “I’m always worried I’ll pull out a hair and piss my pants”

“I was in the pool”

Thank you, I haven’t laughed that ****ing hard in months.

Sounds like a great time.
Good thing you got that 6.5 ;).
I've always wanted to do the helicopter thing for them down there :happy:.
There will never be a needmore in my safe unless I win one, which I’ll promptly trade in.

This old boy absorbed three shots from a .270 Weatherby mag throwing Barnes TSX bullets. I haven’t checked the exact ballistics of that load but he absorbed about 9000 foot pounds of energy before finally waving the white flag.

Got home after midnight but had to try it out. Only plowed for about a hour, but this thing is a plowing son of a gun. Probably the best plow truck I’ve run, and definitely the best I’ve owned.

View attachment 1039299
Looks like a nice unit. They Meyer plows I have had survived a lot of abuse.

Got home after midnight but had to try it out. Only plowed for about a hour, but this thing is a plowing son of a gun. Probably the best plow truck I’ve run, and definitely the best I’ve owned.

View attachment 1039299
Congrats on the new ride.
One of my best friends in high school had one, we did a lot of wheeling in it(we put a 4" suspension lift and 35's on it) only thing I didn't like was he'd roll my hair up in the window (they were electric), couldn't do that these days 🤣.

View attachment 1039299
I had one of those, mine was a 1980 blazer. It was a great truck. Yours looks too pretty to be pushing a plow!

Congrats on the new ride.
One of my best friends in high school had one, we did a lot of wheeling in it(we put a 4" suspension lift and 35's on it) only thing I didn't like was he'd roll my hair up in the window (they were electric), couldn't do that these days 🤣.
That's exactly what mine had. Buckshot mudders. One of the trucks I wish I still had.

This was 2 winters ago, same day we had -74 at our house. Usually we are about 10 degrees colder then in town, but when it’s that cold who’s counting?

View attachment 1039034
That looks familiar, used to help my Dad haul hay from Bill Wards (guy that had the elk ranch) in Delta Junction to Soldotna 1077F904-E59C-4173-8656-3DCE17CD618C.jpeg
I think the the guy that owns the place now is Pleggerman?

Sorry to interrupt your tool scrounge in the cold thread, carry on and may your hunt be successful.

Latest posts

Back