Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up about a half mile past the Ward farm. Scott Plagerman has the place now.
I was wondering if you knew them. My parents bought part of the place Wards had in Soldotna. Sure enjoyed those trips, once you get up past Palmer away from the peninsula it was like being in a different world, further north you went the better it got.

I was wondering if you knew them. My parents bought part of the place Wards had in Soldotna. Sure enjoyed those trips, once you get up past Palmer away from the peninsula it was like being in a different world, further north you went the better it got.
Yep, sure did. Old man wards still around, I’ll see him at the post office every now and again.

If you went past wards, and around the next corner in the road first place on the left there would have been Hollembecks with the big read shop there. 2 driveways past that on the left was a little cinderblock house that got a huge addition in about 2003. That’s the house so grew up in.

Where's da' pics? Better yet, make us some video.
Hopefully next week, on the island as it should be :rock: . Who knows when I'll get any cutting in, but one has to be prepared, cause you know the other 30 or so saws probably won't cut anything :laugh:. I'll get a video for ya too 👍.

Started out this morning with intentions of sharpening a chain, and it turned into a full scale bench top cleaning. I've been in the process of eliminating the peg board, but I'm out of space for the stuff that's left up there.

Attachments

• 20221211_113336.jpg
    20221211_113336.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Started out this morning with intentions of sharpening a chain, and it turned into a full scale bench top cleaning. I've been in the process of eliminating the peg board, but I'm out of space for the stuff that's left up there.
Wow, looks great.
I've got another 10 plus chains to sharpen for a customer, and a pile of at least 30 on the bench that are mine :oops: . One day I'll get the barn set up and then I won't have to worry about the mess in the basement:laughing:.

Shelter Logic 10x10x16 for the Orange machine. Spent my day 👍
Nice.
Are you gonna paint it orange :p .
What cutting edge is that, mines worn back to the edge of the bucket :cry:. I'd really like to get a nice snow pusher for mine, one with large skids and a second blade for back blading with it. I haven't priced that style yet, but I'm guessing around 2500?
How you liking the new ride so far?

That's a sweet little building behind the tractor!
Nice Kubota too.
Thanks , keep my other orange machine lol and splitter and a few other things. It’s a good storage unit.

Attachments

• 77F78150-64CB-4CDC-979F-DD85EC9736ED.jpeg
    77F78150-64CB-4CDC-979F-DD85EC9736ED.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Nice.
Are you gonna paint it orange :p .
What cutting edge is that, mines worn back to the edge of the bucket :cry:. I'd really like to get a nice snow pusher for mine, one with large skids and a second blade for back blading with it. I haven't priced that style yet, but I'm guessing around 2500?
How you liking the new ride so far?
Thanks Brett , not sure assuming it’s a Kubota edge but could be wrong, I just told them I wanted a cutting edge . Yea there a few accessories will be there n the future, box blade scraper, grapple I like the Wicked 55 “ and angle blade be nice to all 💰💰💰and the cost are just gonna keep going up

Thanks Brett , not sure assuming it’s a Kubota edge but could be wrong, I just told them I wanted a cutting edge . Yea there a few accessories will be there n the future, box blade scraper, grapple I like the Wicked 55 “ and angle blade be nice to all 💰💰💰and the cost are just gonna keep going up
Yea the Kubota awesome 👍👍👍👍

I had a 10x20 shelter logic shed once. I forgot To zipper the front up one day. Had some nasty high winds. I learned a few things that day. The factory tie downs didn't like 80mph wind gusts and once they learn to fly, they need replaced. We'll I also learned 10x20 is far too small, but it wad better then nothing.

Attachments

• 20201102_152501.jpg
    20201102_152501.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back