Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with homeowner saws , I picked up a like new MS210 for cheap , I cut down and blocked up a couple of cord with it , no complaints at all .
A friend of mine bought 40+ acres and needed a saw so I passed it on to him , he's cut polly 6 cord so far , loves his saw .
I had a 270 , another friend has it now .
I have a 3 saw plan , 3 026's and 3 361's LOL
I have other saws as well but the 026's do most of the work for the wood I cut .
Nor is there anything wrong with Stihl. A while back there was a guy who used to hang around here and thought his Poulan 5020 was better than any 2 series Stihl. But he must have wisened up.

I really like my buddy's 211 as a limbing/light bucking saw. In fact I'll be cutting up a bunch with it in a few weeks. Also looking forward to test driving a few of @MustangMike 's sweet saws.

Nor is there anything wrong with Stihl. A while back there was a guy who used to hang around here and thought his Poulan 5020 was better than any 2 series Stihl. But he must have wisened up.

I really like my buddy's 211 as a limbing/light bucking saw. In fact I'll be cutting up a bunch with it in a few weeks. Also looking forward to test driving a few of @MustangMike 's sweet saws.
I have a Poulan 5020av. And while I am extremely happy with it's bang for the buck, it ain't a stihl. I have a stihl 032 that is who knows how old and the poulan just hangs with it. I don't expect that 5020 to be around as long!

I loves me some hickory. It doesn't look like much with all the limb wood on top, but there are a lot of good rounds from the trunk under that. IMG_20150707_195839.jpg This was from a tree that a friend cut down in his back yard a few weeks ago. It was probably 18" DBH. I had helped him limb it and buck most of it and got one load last week. He still has 5-6 more trees he is bringing down - unfortunately they are all in the pine family. They are all bigger than the hickory so it will be a fair amount of wood.

The 555 is decades ahead of the 026 , that's why I gots to save up some bottle monies to get in this decade of saws lol
Oldman send the saw out to one of the grinders here , be a different saw when you get it back .
What is a grinder? I do know how to sharpen my chain and have lots of spares right now.

Ported saws are generally in another league. Don't ever try one unless you want to spend some money, there is no going back!

SVK, don't you mean 2 series Huskies??? (not that I mind you getting with the program Ha Ha) I have run some very impressive Huskys at GTG.
I have been thinking about going to the michigan gtg, but now you're making me nervous. I don't have the extra bones right now.

I would have gone to the PA gtg but they plan it the first day of spring turkey season in PA which is when I go the my cabin with my dad to hunt/fish. But if someone had a ported saw and said have at it, I wouldn't pause for a second and would have a ported saw buried in a log like right now.

Ported saws are generally in another league. Don't ever try one unless you want to spend some money, there is no going back!

SVK, don't you mean 2 series Huskies??? (not that I mind you getting with the program Ha Ha) I have run some very impressive Huskys at GTG.
Lol no it's the 2 series Stihls that your buddy doesn't like. Plus apparently he couldn't figure out how to disassemble a 044 so they are junk too. :D :D ;)

Hmmm..stuff is getting weirder in the online world guys..lotta sites getting hammered and stocks all over getting hammered. Might be a good time to go scrounge cash into your wallet from outta the theoretical electronic, places it might be, and scrounge any needed supplies for around the house you might could need...just sayin...

Nuthin happens, no harm nor foul, something even bigger happens, you'll be glad you did.

Hmmm..stuff is getting weirder in the online world guys..lotta sites getting hammered and stocks all over getting hammered. Might be a good time to go scrounge cash into your wallet from outta the theoretical electronic, places it might be, and scrounge any needed supplies for around the house you might could need...just sayin...

Nuthin happens, no harm nor foul, something even bigger happens, you'll be glad you did.
Well if it all goes south I just need to scrounge up a wood stove for my hunting cabin (currently heated only by propane due to huge insurance surcharge for wood stove). It has a spring well for year round water, wood fired sauna, fish in the lake, and deer in the woods.

Latest posts

Back