Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunting license, tag, 3 month season on public land, year around on private. No quota yet, supposed to have any wolf harvested checked in at fish & game. We are over ran with them, deer/elk numbers are way down and they are killing cows on private land, and peoples dogs. A lot of the cows they kill they (wolves) don’t even eat any of them.
High power center fire rifle cartridge is the cure to that disease!
That's me lol. Only with my logic, can I justify 1000's of $ in machinery to spend a couple hours milling/turning a little aluminum part that I could've just bought for $35...and it didn't actually have to be replaced. Meanwhile, important projects remain unfinished.
🤣🤣🤣 That's awesome! Its not just me then either! The only difference between men and boy's is the price of their toys! 👍

Here is one for you guys to laugh at. This is my $50 Husqvarna 440 I just bought. The owner did tell me it needed a tune up. I spent 2 hours cleaning up this saw and changed the spark plug. The saw runs like new now. Blow up the 2nd photo to see the mess in the clutch cover.
What deal, those are great saws, although a bit anemic for its weight. The 450 had the same weight(same chassis) as the 440 but with a bit more power. The 450 is my favorite stock plastic cased saw, same power/weight as a 353, also the same quick clips for the filter cover.
@501Maico this is a headless copper head.View attachment 1054568
Is that a "welcome" mat 😆.
Saw this pic in a firewood ad on farcebook. :surprised3: :laugh: Going out on a limb here but what kind of wood is this?:laughing::laughing:
View attachment 1054570
He's gonna need one of @Kodiak Kid bull ropes 🤣.
Ok so first picture. I circled where the flex is.
View attachment 1054597
I had the winch drawn down pretty hard with it hooked to the back of the trailer. I don't think it will be an issue unless I actually need full or near full power of the winch. Im.more worried about the fatigue the channel is under constantly flexing. More bracing, like you and other suggested would take care of this.
The problem is I'd like to keep some space open for a box. 80% of the time I have my truck, so I don't really need a box for stuff but it gets towed with other vehicles as well that don't have a loaded tool box. Just want a few odds and ends. So @singinwoodwackr suggestion of going front is quite Interesting. As it should help and not take up tongue space. Kinda like the second pic.
View attachment 1054598
And as another said I can always just chain it fast to the hitch with a binder. Which would be quite easy with some chain and binders.
Alright, who gave Sean the crayons :laughing:.
Just had a thought I can extend down as well and tie into the tongue from the uprights to the lower 2 channel as well.

Sure, I'd bet I'm as slow.as you though lol. Been putting this off for over a year now.
Seems someone said something similar 🤔 :lol:.
You should go outwards on an angle at the bottom for more strength.
Right lol.

High power center fire rifle cartridge is the cure to that disease!

🤣🤣🤣 That's awesome! Its not just me then either! The only difference between men and boy's is the price of their toys! 👍
If I could only explain to people who don't get it, just how much money it takes to save a few bucks lol.

Saw this pic in a firewood ad on farcebook. :surprised3: :laugh: Going out on a limb here but what kind of wood is this?:laughing::laughing:
View attachment 1054570
The kind of wood that'll creep up on ya and just sorta spring into action! That's what kind!

When I was down in California I saw a guy straddling a bowed over palm tree just like he is straddling that rodeo that's about yo take place.

My brother and I were cruising down the road. He was driving. I saw this guy scurying up this heavily bowed over loaded palm with a saw in his hand. I yelled "STOP AND PULL OVER MATT" he said "why"? I said "just stop, trust me your gonna wanna see this!" We pulled off into s parking lot and I pointed the dude out to my brother. He said. "Is what about to happen going to be what I think is about to happen?" I said "Ohhhhhhh yeaaaaah!" He said "shouldn't we say something to him"? I said "ohhhhhhh yeaaaaah!" He said "well!" I said "well what?" He said "go say something!" I laughed "no way! Watching what's about to go down is much more entertaining! Besides, you cant fix stupid Matt!"

Has anyone ever seen a blue flame in their wood stove? Afraid I just burned up the secret for free gas that could have saved the world. :innocent:
Still mid 30's here, going down to 14* early Saturday morning.

View attachment 1054572
You mean this :oops:.
Should I stop burning this black locust you think 😜.
Down to 10 here now, they say it's dropping to 7 tonight. Supposed to get up to 25 tomorrow. Hope to drop 6 cherry tomorrow, had hoped to do it Tuesday, but the guy never responded when I called, but I got the call to go ahead tomorrow :chainsaw:.
20230203_181425.jpg

You mean this :oops:.
Should I stop burning this black locust you think 😜.
Down to 10 here now, they say it's dropping to 7 tonight. Supposed to get up to 25 tomorrow. Hope to drop 6 cherry tomorrow, had hoped to do it Tuesday, but the guy never responded when I called, but I got the call to go ahead tomorrow :chainsaw:.
View attachment 1054787
Hey chipper 👍1E50A804-7F03-47A8-B30F-2A566DEABD70.jpeg

Back