Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had 30" Black Walnut that sat for 3-4 years before it was finally turned into firewood. I think we had 12, 8'6" logs, that were 60' to the first limb. No mill in the state wanted them. We guaranteed them metal free, woods grown trees. They all said not enough to send out a truck. They were starting to rot on the bottom so we gave them to a neighbor to cut up. This was way long before Al Gore invented the internet. Maybe if we had Craigs List back then some cabinet maker would have got them?

Well, I mean Cowboy is Cowboy, I expect for him to come back, like I always come back. I didn't expect to see Gunny, still wearing the same T-Shirt with:
Free Wood Wanted
Lebanon, PA

Yup he is under a hundred pages judging by the likes i just got. :dancing:
Yep, he just "liked" a post I actually remember making!

I've had 30" Black Walnut that sat for 3-4 years before it was finally turned into firewood. I think we had 12, 8'6" logs, that were 60' to the first limb. No mill in the state wanted them. We guaranteed them metal free, woods grown trees. They all said not enough to send out a truck. They were starting to rot on the bottom so we gave them to a neighbor to cut up. This was way long before Al Gore invented the internet. Maybe if we had Craigs List back then some cabinet maker would have got them?
Here in Mass we had the WantAdvertiser magazine. I bought more tools, vehicles and building materials from there then I can remember. The internet put them under.

Mechanic Matt just called me from up at the cabin (he will be up there coyote hunting for the WE with a few friends).

It is -7° F and he just got the stove lit and thanked me for insulating the upstairs (where we sleep). Says you can really feel the difference!
Gonna be bone chilling tomorrow 🥶

Time to find this beauty a new home. This is something I really wanted for years and years and then after I got it, I’ve never actually fueled it up. Shoot me a message if you’d be interested.
View attachment 1054767View attachment 1054768View attachment 1054769View attachment 1054770
Time to find this beauty a new home. This is something I really wanted for years and years and then after I got it, I’ve never actually fueled it up. Shoot me a message if you’d be interested.
View attachment 1054767View attachment 1054768View attachment 1054769View attachment 1054770
That’s a fine legendary Husqvarna, I have a ported one , and it’s a ripper 👍

Mechanic Matt just called me from up at the cabin (he will be up there coyote hunting for the WE with a few friends).

It is -7° F and he just got the stove lit and thanked me for insulating the upstairs (where we sleep). Says you can really feel the difference!
4° here right now . Had to give in and turn the heat on think it's the 2nd or 3rd time so far this season . It will be below zero here tonight

Hunting license, tag, 3 month season on public land, year around on private. No quota yet, supposed to have any wolf harvested checked in at fish & game. We are over ran with them, deer/elk numbers are way down and they are killing cows on private land, and peoples dogs. A lot of the cows they kill they (wolves) don’t even eat any of them.
High power center fire rifle cartridge is the cure for that disease!😡

Back