Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you've guys posted about 30 pages of stuff while I was gone, I cheated and skipped ahead to the last couple of pages.

I was at work for a bit, also got out of the mountains and into some warmer weather...did some biking. This was a fun ride, although I was up at a party til 430 that morning, so a bit tired and hungover for that ride. I think I'm getting a little too old to be pulling all-nighters anymore lol.

RlQf2z_Zs_zeIz47K20omzIpH5yTVklWOCkJgulgtws-2048x1542.jpg

Give it a good 8-10 tanks. You'll love it after it wears in.

Having had i happen to my MS441, I asked the dealer to please not hit WOT when he started it. The book lays out a very specific way to break it in and specifically states not to do WOT no load. That has always pissed me off when a dealer did it to a new saw.

I paid him what he was asking for it. The 268 will cost me about $50 dollars to fix up. I got that one for $50 also. I need to replace the clutch cover as the brake is broken and the cover is cracked. The oil pump dirt cover is destroyed.
Have a 268 , it cuts very good 👍

Was -25 here few days ago, 10 this morning, much better. Stay warm, I don’t like the wind especially when it’s cold.

Went out to look for woofs and see if any deer and elk have lost any horns yet today. Saw lots of tracks but nothing to shoot at
View attachment 1054543
Supposed to be -35 wind chill Saturday here can’t wait 😜

Here is one for you guys to laugh at. This is my $50 Husqvarna 440 I just bought. The owner did tell me it needed a tune up. I spent 2 hours cleaning up this saw and changed the spark plug. The saw runs like new now. Blow up the 2nd photo to see the mess in the clutch cover.
Rode hard and put away wet. He must have figured the extra oil wood protect it. Nice find.

Well I was hoping it wouldn't have moved as much, but like you say it's a lot to be asking from a channel standing on end with 16" above it. I'll come up with something creative. May have to stop being cheap and go buy some more metal and see if a single brace down the middle right behind the jack attached to a crossmember connecting to the two side of the tongue will hold up. Should be able to slip a little box on either side then.
That's too much nice work to be a changen. I would make up a bar installed with pins for the heavier pulls. Or @cantoo chain binder.

Has anyone ever seen a blue flame in their wood stove? Afraid I just burned up the secret for free gas that could have saved the world. :innocent:
Still mid 30's here, going down to 14* early Saturday morning.

View attachment 1054572
Goodbye cruel world. @501Maico all I can say is be more careful next time. :omg:

Well, it turns out I’m just dumb.

After a couple hours of changing our vacuum lines and pulling my hair out trying to figure out why this Blazer was wound out at 35mph and not shifting……

I realized I had the transfer case locked in 4 low 🤦‍♂️

You're not dumb, just honest.

I scratched the itch. Came back this morning from shoppign with a Stihl MS400C in the trunk. It will replace the 362 - nothing wrong with it but it isn't up to new technology. My 88th birthday present which doesn't come up until next month.

Happy early BDay, you are an INSPIRATION

Has anyone ever seen a blue flame in their wood stove? Afraid I just burned up the secret for free gas that could have saved the world. :innocent:
Still mid 30's here, going down to 14* early Saturday morning.

View attachment 1054572
More than likely some HVBW. :surprised3: :crazy2:

Was -25 here few days ago, 10 this morning, much better. Stay warm, I don’t like the wind especially when it’s cold.

Went out to look for woofs and see if any deer and elk have lost any horns yet today. Saw lots of tracks but nothing to shoot at
View attachment 1054543
Are they fair game with a regular hunting license, or is there some kind of permit/quota system?

How about a piece of 1/4” flat stock…3 or 4” wide from the base of your “tower” to that xmember? Of course that xmember might not be strong enough but I’m just speculating.
Yes this may be possible, I'll have to get under it and have a look. If that cross member isn't heavy enough I can add one that is. Great idea.

just trying to keep his ground clearance about the same.
The channel the mount is in, is actually higher then the tongue so ground clearance isn't an issue.

Sean, just put a ratchet chain binder and a short chunk of chain from the back of the winch to your hitch. Tighten it up when you are pulling a load, throw it in the toolbox until the next pull. You don't need anything else in the way.
I like it. Always have tons of binders and cargo chain laying about.
Still gonna crawl underneath and investigate how much of a pain it will be to tie it in underneath.

Latest posts

Back