Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday's scrounge. View attachment 1056688Picked these up yesterday at the local junk yard on town. I was going to go back in today with my trailer, a generator, an impact, and other tools and grab the adjustment and hanging plate off the forklift itself. Also with a dozen grader blade some heavy I beam stock and a snow plow for a pickup that just needs a little work. As well as some other misalanious steel too. However, I don't have a truck yet that can handle towing all that on the roads that got covered in snow last night. It should be melted by tomorrow or the next day though. I'll get a couple Quick Attach plates and build a frame for the forks and modify the plow. Both for the S Steer.👍 Witch reminds me. Have any of you guys fabbed a Quick Attach plate?
Yes, and just buy one or have a fab shop bend it for you. The 1/2" thick plate I got was under $100.00 bent, holes cut and welded. The 1/4" plates I used to convert my bucket and forks were around $40.00 each. I couldn't even buy the steel for that price. Had nearly $100.00 for the first plate I made.

Yes, and just buy one or have a fab shop bend it for you. The 1/2" thick plate I got was under $100.00 bent, holes cut and welded. The 1/4" plates I used to convert my bucket and forks were around $40.00 each. I couldn't even buy the steel for that price. Had nearly $100.00 for the first plate I made.
Roger that Sean. I kind of had a feeling that's what you were going to say! 🤣

Sounds good! Thanks fir the tip.👍

New to this forum,thought this would be a natural place to start.
I been cutting some firewood in my spare time for my sister,,,
but more just for fun,,,,:)

View attachment 1056684

Welcome to the site. It looks like you have a good start on the CSA disease. (Chains Saw Acquisition). What is that top saw, I don't recognize it.

one for the Super Bowl...

some guys have the smartest girlfriends ~

View attachment 1056283
🤣 That's too funny!!! Lmao! Reminds me of an Ex girlfriend from Wisconsin that got us tickets to a Greenbay game. 40yard line, ten rows back!!!
She didn't even like football!
Seriously, I can not make this s**t up! 🤣🤣

How did she get the tickets? Long story for another day, but she got'em! 😍👍

hi Shooter - think u r right! like one engine builder said to me about some bore scratches... could plant tomatoes in those grooves! lol

reminds me of my newish Moar Project... (offical new name!) pulled plug and air cleaner yesterday. loosened up the all but impossible to get to drain plug in block... and thot: Also looks like it’s about time to be freshened up.

and new oil for sure, no telling what is in it after sitting for 25 years! dang sure black enuff... opps, hope that comment is not too racist! [P/R] 🤩
.View attachment 1056647
View attachment 1056640View attachment 1056642View attachment 1056643View attachment 1056644View attachment 1056645View attachment 1056646
When I pulled the plugs on my 81 Jimmy they were so bad I really have no idea how that truck was still running. I had it running really good with all new cap, rotar, plugs and wires with the new carb, but now it started misfiring yesterday and I'm not sure why.

New to this forum,thought this would be a natural place to start.
I been cutting some firewood in my spare time for my sister,,,
but more just for fun,,,,:)

View attachment 1056684
You've got 2 of my favorite saws there. Love the 346 for a small saw, but the 266 was my first so I have a soft spot for it as well.

Yesterday's scrounge. View attachment 1056688Picked these up yesterday at the local junk yard in town. I was going to go back in today with my trailer, a generator, an impact, and other tools and grab the adjustment and hanging plate off the forklift itself. Also with a dozen used grader blades, some heavy I beam stock and a snow plow for a pickup that just needs a little work. As well as some other misalanious steel too. However, I don't have a truck yet that can handle towing all that on the roads that got covered in snow last night. It should be melted by tomorrow or the next day though. I'll get a couple Quick Attach plates and build a frame for the forks and modify the plow. Both for the S Steer.👍 Witch reminds me. Have any of you guys fabbed a Quick Attach plate?
I have fabbed up a quick attach plate.

What kind of truck do ya got? Hard for me to imagine a working man here in alaska not owning a 3/4 ton at least.

we did the grocery run today. had to make room for this and that. once all squared away... i put the 5 cloves in a sep bag. hate to run out of garlic...

View attachment 1056699
We buy the big bulk bags of peeled garlic at costco. I use a lot of garlic around here. My wife bakes it down with olive oil and makes this butter like spread out of it.

Decided to bite the bullet today and I ordered a Hyway Titanickel 52mm cylinder and pop up piston for the Frankensaw. I guess for now I'm just gonna leave the X-torq carb on it. I'd love to do some porting on this saw, but havn't invested in a timing wheel yet. When I "ported" my MS361 I just did the base gasket delete, and then raised the exhaust port the thickness of the gasket and opened it up a bit. Next time I port a saw I want to do it right.

then tire of it and sell it at a loss! 🤩
Um... no.
Always double or triple your money by doing a smart build if it ain't the dream car, bike, boat, tractor, sled, tool or toy your never selling... be smart not dumb. Buying with heart is wrong. Buying with intent to flip is smart. I do/did drive lines, rears, diffs, stick shifts, automatics are sent out or bought, front and rear suspensions, steering systems and wiring. My father did body and paint with hired guns sometimes. I do my thing and engines since I was seven. Started shaving heads and changing valve springs before I was ten, no bs. Porting with the air dye grinder starter around eleven or twelve. Was deep into street rods and racing stuff by sixteen but owned all street machines besides the tube chassis rail job twin seat sand buggy. Had plenty of toys for sure and muscle cars. Shakedown breakdowns are fun. Makin' bacon while frying the tires and scarring the clientele lol, sold!

i think you would! sorta like hunting bear! nice to have the rifle, but when moments get tense... if... that side packed 45 is nice as a last ditch effort!

i do like my 2511T
2511T with a longer bar should fend off the bear attacks. You really do need a 33cc plus saw for that job though 😀

Back