Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brufab
Backyard Lumberjack
When I pulled the plugs on my 81 Jimmy they were so bad I really have no idea how that truck was still running. I had it running really good with all new cap, rotar, plugs and wires with the new carb, but now it started misfiring yesterday and I'm not sure why.
drained that oil in Moar Project. total pita! never worked on such a POS as that machine. oh well... it is coming around. the dipstick was the clean oil! never seen such black oil come out of a mower engine before! takes the cake... film at 11.

this was the clean oil... topside where the dip stick dipped into it
P1010027.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack
Yesterday's scrounge. View attachment 1056688Picked these up yesterday at the local junk yard in town. I was going to go back in today with my trailer, a generator, an impact, and other tools and grab the adjustment and hanging plate off the forklift itself. Also with a dozen used grader blades, some heavy I beam stock and a snow plow for a pickup that just needs a little work. As well as some other misalanious steel too. However, I don't have a truck yet that can handle towing all that on the roads that got covered in snow last night. It should be melted by tomorrow or the next day though. I'll get a couple Quick Attach plates and build a frame for the forks and modify the plow. Both for the S Steer.👍 Witch reminds me. Have any of you guys fabbed a Quick Attach plate?
not me! still debating about slip ons. will be trying some here in a few days...

today's scrounge: large plastic tub, sorta like mailman has in truck. a black plastic milk carton. nice one!! and a 24x30 thick slab of granite. countertop stuff... i have already used 2. the granite on top of milk carton for a handy dandy tool kit workbench for working on Moar Project...

Backyard Lumberjack
Backyard Lumberjack
This one was a tad over 3 lbs and only 12.47 a pound.

This steak plus two small New York strips fed 9 people.
i was meaning to ask. can u tell us about ur fry pan cooking class? how many? did they have to bring their own stuff? one night? or a full semester? etc :)

sounds interesting. i did the other 2 fry pans tonite. still got a 12" if i want to clean it up. 6" and 8". both now ready for test and tune cooking... trials!

Backyard Lumberjack
A suggestion on the roasted red spuds. Spread them out more to get them more crispy. Also easier to smash with a heavy glass than with a fork.

These were boiled for 15 minutes, then smashed, drizzled with butter and SPG, and roasted at 425 for 25 minutes
a fav spud for sure! :numberone: better than french fries, imo... and that is saying something! lol

Backyard Lumberjack

"BRING ENOUGH GUN"
"THERE'S NO KILL LIKE OVER KILL"
"YOU AINT LOADED UNLESS YOUR OVERLOADED"

Kodiak Kid.:rock:
mean looking gun! i have recorded but yet to watch... one of the gun shows... about machine guns. this episode reviews the one that spits it out at over 3,000 rounds per minute!

imo, mini gattling gun! aka warthog like...

Backyard Lumberjack
🤣 That's too funny!!! Lmao! Reminds me of an Ex girlfriend from Wisconsin that got us tickets to a Greenbay game. 40yard line, ten rows back!!!
She didn't even like football!
Seriously, I can not make this s**t up! 🤣🤣

How did she get the tickets? Long story for another day, but she got'em! 😍👍
i hear some of the SB tickets going for $30,000.00! :wtf:

Kodiak Kid

Kodiak Kid

Idiot with a "power saw"
mean looking gun! i have recorded but yet to watch... one of the gun shows... about machine guns. this episode reviews the one that spits it out at over 3,000 rounds per minute!

imo, mini gattling gun! aka warthog like...
The Navy's CWIS is a six barreled Gatlon gun that fires 20mm projectiles at 7000 rounds a minute. It's is an anti air craft and an anti missile defense weapon. In
other words.

It shoots real fast!

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
. AS Supporting Member.
I never had 4 at the same time, but often 2 or 3 at a time, and the current one is #10.

I had 3 classic Mustangs when I got married the first time. Two 68 Fastback GTs and the 70 Boss 302 body. One of the 68s had a 302 4 bbl and was my economy car (got 18 MPG) and the other was a factory 428 CJ with the 4:30 drag pack option. (Very rare, worth lots of money now). I never rebuilt the 428 and both my 427 and my 390 GT were much faster than it, even w/o the gears.

My X got us in charge card debt and I had to sell the Mustangs and I purchased a 1980 Pinto Station Wagon that I used to bring home wood to heat the house. After I began to recover financially, I had an 85 T-Bird Turbo Coupe and an 85 Mustang GT. After that a 92 T-Bird Super Coupe, a 2000 Mustang GT then my current 2006 Mustang GT. Also had a couple of Rangers along the way. First year they were out I got a 4 cyl 4 speed 2wd w/standard cab (that was all they made at the time) and later got a V6 5 speed extended cab 4WD one. Also had a couple of Explorers over the years, the first one was by far the best. Bought it used and could not kill it. The 2nd one I bought new, and it had perpetual problems. Every 6,000 miles, it needed a new plug on #4 (plus other problems). Ford always said they fixed it, but never did.

Getting up to my property with the 2wd Ranger in the snow involved installing chains and driving recklessly, but I always managed to make it up the hill (just not always on the first attempt). You do what you have to do, and hope you survive it!

My current F-150 goes up so effortlessly with the Blizzacks that I pinch myself!
Not sure why Mike but I Stihl have the chains for my 74 Pinto wagon. :crazy2: Hauled a lot of wood in that thing.

Backyard Lumberjack
Wrong kind of bar…
then they had another DUI smash up down here. real bad! 2 on a forklift crossing street and the DUI driver plows thru them... one guy interviewed said it was bad. real bad... dead bodies all over the street! thing 3 in total bot the farm...
:omg:

Latest posts